JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Newb Question - RMIR and Nevo 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pbc

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what I mean by the Integra also having 00 00 as the protocol which I assume is what is causing the conflict. Is it possible that in some way the original EZ config is what is messing all of this up?

mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EZ has apparently just recently started with all this PID 00 00 business which is indeed causing lots of problems.

Try this for your Integra:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=10585

If it doesn't work, I can post other files to try.

PS: I've left AVSFourm. So please continue posting your issues here, not there.
pbc

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried that one, but missing a few key items. E.g., the discrete code for PC input in particular. Doesn't seem to be in the Onkyo 3007 or 807 files either. Will keep looking or I guess just learn that particular command in.

BTW, if you upload that Scientific Atlanta file into your own Nevo, do you get the same 00 00 protocol for it?
pbc

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately that was a sheer and utter failure. Tried using the Onkyo 3007 file and the Scientific Atlanta files. Assigned the buttons to the layout, etc. Uploaded the new file to the remote.

Now neither of those devices work at all. Actually, the Onkyo one seems to just be completely off (Discrete off changed to AM tuner ... which is really odd since I am pretty sure the Onkyo's have had the same discrete off for years and Integra is simply a rebadged Onkyo).

Argh...
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I do for the SA file. But that's actually correct.

Here are many more Integra codes you can simply add to the upgrade file. Just click New on the functions tab and enter the description and the codes in decimal. For example, in the excel file, Power On is D26D 04 which translates to 210 (D2 in hex) for the Device code on the main tab, 109 (6D in hex) subdevice on the functions tab, and OBC 04 (04 in hex) on the functions tab. Windows calculator in Programmer mode can convert Hex to Dec. Your PC input should be subdevice 109, OBC 156.

http://files.remotecentral.com/view/7241-18933-1/integra_dhc-803_preamplifier.html
pbc

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Issue though is none of the remote codes for the Scientific Atlanta box are working at all. Which makes no sense whatsoever, so even if I go through and add a bunch of commands back into the Integra 5.3 upload to get it to play better with my 80.3, I still can't use the remote for watching cable which is what my family does 90% of the time.

This isn't making much sense to me given the cable box remote is a very standard one.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Learn a few commands from your cable remote and post the RMIR file here. Then we can most likely build a working file for you. (Learning eye is at the bottom of the Nevo, not the top).
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graham,

Does your new build differentiate a real PID 00 00 from an empty one? Could that be the cause of pbc's error?
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
Graham,

Does your new build differentiate a real PID 00 00 from an empty one? Could that be the cause of pbc's error?

The fixes in the new build are not specifically about PID 00 00. They are about crashes or conflicts that can be caused by device upgrades that include no functions or which specify the number of command bytes to be 0. (It is only segmented remotes, e.g. XSight Lite but not Nevo C2, whose device upgrade structure specifies the number of command bytes in their protocol). These are both situations that we have seen recently in device upgrades that also use PID=00 00, apparently left by EZ-RC as remnants from a deleted upgrade, but the fix is not specific to any PID.

However, this is not what is happening with pbc's problem. His Integra device appears to use a real protocol upgrade with PID=00 00. It uses 2 command bytes and has 19 functions, all perfectly valid. By using PID=00 00 it over-rides the Panasonic (old) built-in protocol with this PID. When he then tries to load the Scientific Atlanta protocol that really uses the Panasonic (old) protocol, RMIR gives the correct message that this PID conflicts with an existing upgrade (and so is not accessible). It also says what to do: edit the conflicting upgrade to give it an alternate PID. So nothing wrong with RMIR, but EZ-RC (if that is the source of the upgrade) should not be using PID=00 00 for protocol upgrades. I suppose EZ-RC thinks it is OK as it has the full setup and can see that the Panasonic (old) protocol is not being used, but it prevents the user from adding a further device that really does need Panasonic (old).

I'm making a separate post, below, to tell pbc what to do to resolve the problem.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, pbc. I've now had time to look at your raw upgrade. What you need to do to resolve your problem with the Scientific Atlanta upgrade is to follow carefully the message that RMIR displays when you try to load it. RMIR says "Protocol ID conflicts with existing upgrade. To use this built-in protocol, edit the conflicting upgrade to give it an Alternate PID." Here's how you do that.

In the Devices tab of RMIR, select the Integra 80.3 device upgrade and press the Edit button. The Device Upgrade Editor opens and displays a message "Protocol is a manual protocol. Its PID may be changed by setting an Alternate PID.". You will see a blank field labelled Alternate PID. Enter any other PID in there - I suggest 0100 as this doesn't conflict with anything else you have. Then press OK. You are returned to the Devices tab with the PID column for the Integra upgrade now showing 01 00*. The * just means that there is a protocol upgrade. (If you have any interest in seeing it, select the device upgrade and press the Edit Protocol button, but editing protocol upgrades is best left to experts.)

You can now use the New button on the Devices tab to load the Scientific Atlanta device upgrade without causing any conflict.
pbc

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, will give that a try. The EZ-RC website is exceptionally frustrating. Now it won't let me login, I click forgot password, and the password it sends me in the email is something along the lines of:"98460B8D-EF60-4C42-B1AB-C1281D5B1234", but the actual password box only allows 12 characters at most.

Beyond Ridiculous. Unless it is because I'm trying to use a Windows 10 machine with IE10 on it, maybe IE7 or 8 allows the full amount of characters through I would find that odd.

Wanted to get the Integra 80.3 programming from that site as it has a new complete set of codes vs what is in the files here.

Is it possible to download the 80.3 device from EZ-RC and upload it as a file that can be used on this site btw?
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can't login, the no, you can't download the device. I'd be happy to make you one from the codes I posted earlier if you tell me what commands you need.

I don't understand what you mean by the site having new/complete codes vs. what I posted. Mine is the complete set directly from Integra with close to 1000 commands. What could be more complete than that? I can guarantee you the EZ-RC version won't have even a fraction of that.
pbc

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, so decided to start from scratch and upload and test each device. Started with the Sony bluray player. All went well.

Then went to the Scientific Atlanta 8300HD, uploaded the file, saved, and .... nothing. Unfortunately I can't find the original remote for the box either (not sure why as I keep all my remotes).

Here is a new raw download.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=14274

I learned the "power" button for the cable box from my MX-500 remote. Hopefully that helps identify the right file?
pbc

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found the original remote. It's a URC2125.

I'm willing to upload a file if there is a way to easily do so? Do I simply learn all of the functions into the remote and then download from the remote to a file?
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't load your raw file. Could you save as an RMIR file instead? Learning from the URC would also work fine, then download and save as RMIR.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: