JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Program "Recall" button when the remote doesn't ha

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AdcGeorge

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:53 pm    Post subject: Program "Recall" button when the remote doesn't ha Reply with quote

I don't have the original remote for the learning process of my universal one. The original has a button labeled, "Recall" that's function is needed for a factory reset procedure on my Toshiba 46LX177 tv.
Does anyone know if it's possible to use the original remote's EFC for its Recall button to code another button(like "Last") on my universal remote(without using the learning process, 'cause I don't have the original remote).
Also, I did a search on JP1 for the original remote, but it's not in the database.

My universal remote is: Vizio VUR-8
The original: Toshiba CT-90277
My TV: Toshiba 46LX177
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since you are posting in the Non-JP1 cattegory, I assume you don't have a cable either. This upgrade has a recall button. Remotes don't change that much from one model to another, so that will probably be a good one for you to try

http://hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12061

Now we need to know which setup code and which remote model you are using.

If the setup code you are using uses a simple Nec1 64 executor, then the EFC for recall would be 00244 or 244 depending on the vintage of the the remote.

Recall is supposed to display some information on the screen. Not sure why you need to reset the TV, but if it is not too hung up you should be able to test the Efc to see if it is the recall function on your model.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: