JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nevo C2 issues
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just use the discrete on and off commands instead of the Power commands for those devices. All the devices you've mentioned in this thread so far have Discrete on and off commands available. It's just a matter of assigning them to buttons on the Buttons or Layout tab and using them in your activities.

Unlike Power commands that toggle every time you use them, Discrete On only powers something on and never off no matter how many times you send the command. Same for Discrete Off. It only turns your device off and never back on.

What I typically do is start each activity with Discrete On (or Power On) commands for every device in that activity. So no matter what activity I run, everything involved gets powered on. Then I have a single activity that turns everything off using Discrete Off commands. EZ-RC probably already made such an activity called "Good Night".
captainjrl

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no option of 'Discrete On' in the list of options when selecting a 'Function' for a device in RMIR for my TV, AVR or DVR when creating my activities (my DVD player does have one).

On another note, when switching between activities do you just leave the previous device on? I.e. Watching my DVD player and then switching to my DVR. Do you send discrete off commands for all devices not in use as a part of starting that activity? I really like how my existing Harmony remote will turn off the DVD player when I switch to DVR and vice versa.

Also, any idea on the issues with the TV HDMI switching to HDMI 2 even though the command in the activity clearly says HDMI1?

PS - Thanks again for all your help. Without it I may have already thrown this thing against a wall. Smile
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All your devices have discrete on and off. But those must be assigned to buttons before you can use them in activities/macros. Edit each device, and assign discrete on and off to buttons. Then they will be in the list of commands when you edit your activities.

If you want to turn off unused devices when switching activities, you can certainly do that.

If you press the HDMI1 button, does the TV switch correctly. If so, then HDMI-CEC (Anynet) is interfering and you should turn it off. If not, you'll need to test each input command and see which one really switches to HDMI1.

If you can't figure it out, post your file, and I can do it for you.
captainjrl

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I may have messed up and caused those commands to disappear. When I do an upgrade, should I have deleted the original device? I did and I'm thinking that is what is causing me not to see the discrete commands.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually don't have to delete the original. Your procedure should be to edit the device, then open the ones I posted, assign functions to buttons as desired, then OK back to RMIR. That should preserve the entire function list. But your macros/activities can only use functions which have been assigned to buttons.

If I open the files I linked, I see all the discretes you need.
captainjrl

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK. I never assigned functions to buttons. Missed that step. I'll try again this weekend.
captainjrl

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK. I found how to assign those functions to buttons, but my AVR seems to be lacking a 'discrete on'. I'd love to send you my file to look at. How do I do it?
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see the person who made that upgrade left it out. Sorry about that. You can make it yourself. In Functions, click new, call it POWER ON, then fill in all the other details the same as the existing POWER command. Then change the 42 in the OBC column to 126. Do the same for STANDBY OFF, except use 127.
captainjrl

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My TV seems to be missing the 'discrete off' as well. Any ideas for that?

Also, none of the HDMI commands for my AVR seem to work. Ideas?
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Power Off = Discrete Off
captainjrl

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK. After playing with many codes and deciding that the TV needing the specific 'HDMI 1' soft button is not truely necessary I think I'm real clsoe to having it ready.

However, I still am having issues getting the different HDMI's to work on the Yamaha Receiver. I tried both of the zone 1 files and they'll do many of the others functions but none of the inputs (including the non-HDMI) ones. Any ideas?
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the Functions tab, change the YStyle from NEC to Y1 for each Input command.
captainjrl

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That worked.

Another different question about this remote. Often after it has set unused the LCD screen will be a blank white screen when I pick it up. It will function with button presses but I cannot see any of the soft button commands as the screen is a completely blank white screen. If I pull the batteries and put them back in, the screen is fine. This however is a pain as often as it happens. Any ideas?
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's not normal. I don't know what's causing it. Sorry
captainjrl

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried a factory reset and that did not help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: