JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RCA RCRP05B disassembly ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike99

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:20 am    Post subject: RCA RCRP05B disassembly ? Reply with quote

A couple buttons on my RCA RCRP05B remote are intermittent in operation & I want to open it up to clean the contact surfaces. But I'm having a heck of a time getting it open. I've done this with other remotes but am having a heck of time finding a "weak spot" to start prying. Any suggestion on where to start applying pressure?

Thanks in advance.
andyross

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's basically the same as other remotes, just very tight. The bottom cover fits over the top, so you need to pull the bottom sides out, except near the bottom where it's the reverse. See pictures linked below.
https://postimg.org/image/heds18uv9/
https://postimg.org/image/ntcsxx1l1/
Mike99

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply & photos.

I had to use a screwdriver for most of the first edge because my plastic "pry bar" wasn't doing the job. Got it opened & cleaned the goop off of some key pads. Hopefully that will last a year or two. It seems eventually the conductive material does wear away. Have to make this remote last because I have only one spare.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: