JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Hybrid device for activity on C2

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:34 am    Post subject: Hybrid device for activity on C2 Reply with quote

I have a Nevo C2, and I would like to have the soft buttons be a mix of commands for a cable box and my TV. From what I have seen, I need to make a hybrid device in order to do this.
That's not a problem, except that I can't seem to get them to work.
I think the problem is that they use different protocols. I'm hoping this is possible as this is why I purchased the remote in the first place.
The TV uses protocol NEC1, and the cable box uses XMP.
pH7_jp1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure where the term "hybrid device" came from, but it is easier than you are making it. In the Buttons tab in the Device Upgrade Editor, in the right panel there is a heading "Functions for device:" and the default is the current device. You can pull down and choose another device and then "Available Functions:" will change to show the functions for that other device. You can drag one of those functions to the current device soft button, thus assigning a button for the current device to a function on another device.

You can assign an icon to this soft button and I believe that the Alias field will allow you to give it a different name in this context (not sure why you would want to do that).

When this device is used in an activity, this soft button from a different device will be included.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can also make an activity and assign different button groups to different activities. This is the approach I took with the file I made for you. "Watch TV" has vol assigned to the TV and everything else to cable. You can change this via the assignments at the bottom of the Activities tab. I also locked volume to the TV device on the General tab. You can turn this back off if you want.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well don't I have egg on my face, it was right in front of me the whole time.
Thank you pH7_jp1.
And thank you again mdavej. Your help with the initial setup has been both incredible and extremely helpful. I am simply building off what you started, and you provided an excellent starting point!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: