JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Channel Master CM-7003 OTA signal converter
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cpa1953

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:32 pm    Post subject: Channel Master CM-7003 OTA signal converter Reply with quote

I just purchased a Channel Master CM-7003 OTA signal converter to use with my projector and my Slingbox M1. It seems very nice, but I am having a problem getting the Slingbox to play nicely with the new Channel Master. The Slingbox won't serve as a proper remote control for the CM -- can't change channels, turn the unit on and off, etc.

Any suggestions on a working equivalent Bin file that I can use to get the two to play nicely with each other?

Many thanks.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's in the File Section. Did you not check there ?
cpa1953

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:18 pm    Post subject: Slingbox M1 bin file for the new Channel Master CM - 7003 Reply with quote

I did look in the file section. There are several bin files for various channel master devices, the closest being the CM-7001. Mine is the CM-7003, though. And it doesn't seem to match up to the file for CM-7001 (or any of the others, all of which I tried).

I could be doing something incorrectly, I admit.

But so far I'm striking out.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they are all the same. But the one marked 2015 is the one I produced when Sling didn't bother to update the build-it one when CM changed the internals last year.

At least try it before I spend an appreciable amount of time building you a new one.
cpa1953

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:18 pm    Post subject: Slingbox M1 bin file for the new Channel Master CM - 7003 Reply with quote

I tried the bin files from both 2015 and 2016. They seem to load, but fail to permit me to change a channel in the slingbox, or to turn the box on or off.

In the spirit of trying to be complete (if I made a mistake) in setting up the slingbox, I selected Digital ATSC/Digital Broadcast as my signal provided; PVR as my Device type; Custom as my Manufacturer in trying to get the various bin files to work.

If you would like, I can show you a side-by-side photo of the remote for the Channel Master CM-7001 and its new replacement, the CM-7003.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What they look like is irrelevant, it's the iR codes they send that are important. And I can't really help as the Logitech Harmony IR Database, where i get the codes, has only the CM 700 and CM-7001. No-one has uploaded a CM-7003
cpa1953

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me see if I can do that.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have a working setup on a Harmony Remote then just PM me your logon details and then I can build the file.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, but we still have a problem. MyHarmony won't let me add my 650, I suspect because you already have one. Can you do a learn on your 650 ? Then I can simply sync it to mine.
cpa1953

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Slingbox M1 bin file for the new Channel Master CM - 700 Reply with quote

I completed the learn on my own 650.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I was a bit confused by the fact that you had 2 CMs and on the 650's LCD screen I couldn't tell which was which. So I did them both. The one that shows in the top left as 'Channel Master' uses the same codes as the Channel Master DVR+ (2015) in the File Section. The one that shows as 'Channel Master CM' in the bottom left uses the same codes as the 'Channel Master CM-7001' in the File Section. That's a bit concerning as I thought you said you had tried both of those ?
cpa1953

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Slingbox M1 bin file for the new Channel Master CM - 700 Reply with quote

Sorry that I've been delinquent to give you feedback. I've been away for a couple of days, and it will be tomorrow night before I can get back to the system and see if the new codes you've tried will work, or if there is something else that's amiss.
cpa1953

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:53 am    Post subject: Slingbox M1 bin file for the new Channel Master CM - 7003 Reply with quote

OK, I've gotten back to do some testing. The bin file for the CM-7001 does work with the new Channel Master 7003 digital tuner. However, several of the keys on the remote skin are mis-matched. So, for example, if I want to change the channel, I have to press the Arrow Up or Arrow Down key instead of the channel + or channel -

I'll do my best to show you the keys that do not match up in a list here:

Slingbox skin (CM7001) => CM-7003 box
CH+ => FAV
CH- => Doesn't seem to do anything
Up arrow => CH+
Down arrow => CH-
Left arrow => VOL -
Right arrow => VOL +
INFO => Doesn't seem to do anything
Audio => Doesn't seem to do anything
Subtitle => Yellow custom key
PG => Doesn't seem to do anything
HD/SD (Set) => Guide
Red custom key => CH -

The on/off key and the numbers keys all seem to match up just fine.

So, I can get it to work, but it's a little off.

I appreciate the help you've given.

Thank you!
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, we can fix that. But what about all the other buttons ? Menu/Exit/Info/Guide/Play....etc

I need a full list of what each button (apart from the ones you have covered) does.

Sorry, forget that, I just realised I still have your box on my Harmony. I can work it out for myself.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here you go, Is it OK ?

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=14249
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: