JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

URC-6440 Assign EFC Code to Key ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tranx

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you first save the current settings.bin file on PC, I believe that, after using 9xx command 980/981, the same 'settings.bin' can be copied back to 6440 to restore the old configuration.

PS I might have remembered that the file needs to be copied by dragging it into the window for 6440, rather than cut and paste, but am not sure.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tranx wrote:
TomT, right, thanks. So the device (72) and subdevice (119) are different to mdavj's upgrade (0) and (16), but does that upgrade work too?

mdavej, if it does, is that because the 'fixed data' are also different?
4031 from Tom's file and the 4031 I got from OFA are both 0.16, not 72.119. I don't know where Tom's numbers are coming from.
TomT

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Sorry if I've confused matters.

I got the values from selecting PVR, Edit Device and then reading the values from Setup - Protocol Parameters:

Device: 72
Sub Device: 119

I've only just realised the setup code shown on that page is different to the one I'm actually using..

What should I be looking at ?

Thanks
tranx

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aha, which illustrates that in RMIR the Devices tab shows devices for all the codes 'in' the remote, some of which may not have been assigned to any Device Button (those assignments being shown in the General tab).

On the same home page of RMIR, also look at the tabs for Keymoves, Macros, and Special Functions.
In each case you can set up a new function by clicking on the New button at the bottom of its page.
In the new special functions page, there is a drop down for 'Type', while unextended 6440 only offers DSM (Device Specific Macro).

With RMIR I think you can put macros and DSMs on more buttons than with 9xx. The 6440 Extender can be installed with or without using RMIR, although a more complicated setup really needs it.
The great advantages of JP1 with RMIR are that the experts can help and that you can see and edit everything on screen.
TomT

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the help and advice.
It's doing what I want at the moment so I'm going to leave it alone 😀
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: