JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pioneer CLD-V2400 on URC-8910

View previous topic :: View next topic  
timewalker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:03 pm    Post subject: Pioneer CLD-V2400 on URC-8910 Reply with quote

Ok, so my wife brought home two Pioneer CLD-V2400 Laser Disc players from her school at the end of the year last year, which was fine since my Samsung LD finally died in March.

BUT, there were no remotes.

I finally got around to looking it up. Tried VCR 0059 mapped to AUX and it said "Not Found".

Hmmm....

So I loaded The Robman's Pioneer_LaserDisc.txt file into RM, and added a new device. The problem is, it won't let me assign it to the AUX button. Instead it automatically assigns it to db-11 with a warning that it will be mapped to SAT but that those commands will have priority.

I don't have an extender installed.

How can I move this to the AUX button to even check to see if this code works on my player? Thanks.
Carwarr

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LDP/0059 code built into your remote should work fine for your CLD-V2400. It is just a little tricky to set a device button to the LDP type as I can tell you by experience. I am not real familiar with your 8910 but if you have a JP1 cable and are using RMIR/RM as I think you are, just download from your remote and on the general tab on the AUX row, move over one to right to the TYPE column and double click on it (probably set to SAT now) to get the drop down to pop up, select LDP and then move over one more to the right to the setup code box and type 0059. Click off that box and it should not be red meaning it is a valid built in code. Upload back to your remote and give it a try. I think it will work for you then.

I have an upgrade that will work for you here also:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=313

Robs upgrade and mine have more buttons then your player will recognize but both do have all of the buttons that the stock CU-V113 remote had on it.

But I think if you get the stock 0059 working, you will have all you need. Make sure to let us know how it goes.

Good luck.
Mitch
timewalker

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, that worked!

I had tried to change the TYPE box in a different scenario a while ago, and it didn't work, so I didn't bother this time. But that worked perfectly.

Preliminary tests show Play, Pause, Stop, Chapter Up and Down, and Audio Selection working fine on a test disc (Dragon Slayer). Now I need to dig out some classic discs and check them out.

Thanks for the help!
Carwarr

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad it worked for you! AND it is spelled "Dragon's Lair". I know because I have the full size arcade game of Dragon's Lair running in the other room!!!
Smile

Mitch
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: