JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Dish Network DTV Pal (over the air dtv stb)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
techcrazy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:35 am    Post subject: Dish Network DTV Pal (over the air dtv stb) Reply with quote

Im looking for the protocol for the Dish Network DTV PAL. I can learn the codes from my remote but it doesnt give me the EFC codes. The only info that I get is

The raw signal:
sent once: +402 -9436
sent repeatadly while key is being held: +402 -4428 +402 -4428 +402 -4428 +402 -2732 +402 -4428 +402 -4428 +402 -4428 +402 -4428 +402 -4428 +402 -4428 +402 -9436

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Brian
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As is always the case in these circumstances, please upload the IR file with your learned signals to the diagnosis area and post a link to it here for someone to take a look.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
techcrazy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:54 pm    Post subject: IR file post Reply with quote

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=5744
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a new Protocol.

Well, you can wait for somebody to do it for you, or you can dive into Protocol Builder and try to build it yourself.

There's a really good step-by-step guide to help you turn the data in the IR learned decodes into something you can use in PB.

DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Amazon Firestick
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this...
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=5745

I noticed three gaps in the OBC sequence, so I have included those codes as "unknown" and assigned them to REW, PLAY and FFWD. If you try them and find that they do something, please report back.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(I'm assuming that "PAL" is used as a synonym for "friend" rather than referring to the European PAL television system (as opposed to U.S. and Japanese standard NTSC). Is that correct?)

Amazon Firestick
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have thought this was a standard protocol. I read in the DTV Pal book that on universal remotes to try echostar satelite and dish network compatible codes. Mine arrived while we were packing up our belongings getting ready to move, so I didn't get to play with it the way I wanted too. Crying or Very sad
techcrazy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:10 pm    Post subject: codes Reply with quote

Hi Rob,

I will check the codes. It is for my up north house. So It might be a month or so. I will review the protocol builder shortcuts you gave me.

Thank you for your help and I will provide some feedback as soon as I can.

Brian
classicsat

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it would be "friend" variety, not the TV format, since the DTV Pal is made specifically for and marketed to the US market, which uses the NTSC standard for analog TV, ATSC for digital OTA TV. The DTV Pal is one of the digital "convertors" being sold in the US to transition older TV owners to the digital antenna signals, in time for the turn off of analog TV broadcasting there.
techcrazy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:07 pm    Post subject: DTV PAL Reply with quote

Rob,

Thank you for your feedback. The DTV PAL is at my cottage. I will try it in about a month when im up there again. I apprecitate the reference hyperlinks.

Brian
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob, this upgrade works perfectly. I tried all the unkown codes in various states, and as far as I could tell, the unknown codes don't do anything.

Some of the keys have dual purpose that's obvious when you have the original physical remote, but should probably be noted for someone who is using the upgrade without ever seeing the remote.

Dual Function Keys

When in the menus these keys scroll pages
CC = Page Down
picture format = Page Up

When viewing tv these keys bring up special screens
Left Arrow = Search
Right Arrow = Browse
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I updated the file, thanks Vicky.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I converted this for use with my JP1.2 1067a's. I used protocol builder to decode and change the processor, but at first my upgrade didn't work, so I decoded it, and it was obvious that I was executing code that should have been data when I compared it to the original decode from Rob's protocol. So I changed the jump to start execution on the line that jumps to ir engine. Changed the DB to a DW and moved the eor code hex to the line above, and then changed the EOR to a DW and recompiled. When I decompiled the compiled the new protocol it looked right and executed fine.

I'm thinking that I read that protocols could be "too big" for PB, but I'm not sure if I really read that, and if I did, is this symptomatic of that condition of a protocol being too big for PB?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took a look at some official UEI protocols and I found a match for this one, so I have updated the KM file to use the official protocol. Therefore, when you switch over to the URC-8820 (or similar) it should either generate the correct code or let you use the built in protocol.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I took a look at some official UEI protocols and I found a match for this one, so I have updated the KM file to use the official protocol. Therefore, when you switch over to the URC-8820 (or similar) it should either generate the correct code or let you use the built in protocol.

How did you do this? (I run KM in 800x600 mode so sometimes things that should be obvious are hidden for me). But tell me what I'm looking for here, to see how you did this.

Oh as I'm asking this question I bet I have the answer. (I don't have Excel here, so can't look.) I'll bet you deleted the protocol from
the Notes section and picked a PID from the dropdown of official protocols that is in the s3c8+ or whatever it is, and then if the remote doesn't have it built in, KM prompts you to add the custom protocol. I assume the PID's are standard from one processor to the next.

I thought it was odd that we'd need a custom protocol, when the dtv Pal's users manual said to use echostar or dishnetwork codes from your universal remote. I bet this puts out different EFC's too, depending of if this was fed into the engine. I should probably decode the official protocol to see how this all works with settings in protocol builder.

Too Cool! Very Happy

Why was this so HARD for SO LONG! Rolling Eyes Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: