JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Extender macro slowdown needed

View previous topic :: View next topic  
silron1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 2:05 pm    Post subject: Extender macro slowdown needed Reply with quote

Just started into an extender for my 8810w. - After reading the possible probs arising with the use of v3.1 I have settled, for the time being, on v2.4.
I installed it as in the 'readme' and get my 4 blinks confirming its activation.

Have started by using the old device buttons with new added macros to open my required devices in the mode or on the channel of choice.

The Satellite receiver software is much too slow for the macro and when for example, I try to open with channel '101' I can only get as far as the first '1' before the macro completes. This despite putting the maximum amount of false key presses in advance and between the digits.
I would like to try " using a KeyMove connected to the Pause protocol(TV/1104)" as I understand I can control the amount of delay but have no idea how to go about it or indeed what this is.

Any help much appreciated.

Ron Question Confused
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its actually pretty easy. Just do a key move in IR like the following

Bound device - TV (can be any device you want)
Bound key = Shift-Pause (can be any unused button you want)
Device type = TV
Device code = 1104
Hex entry at the bottom (must be hex) of say = 64 (range 00 to FF)

The insert the TV shift-Pause wherever you need a pause. You may want to then experiment with the hex value to get the speed you want.
e34m5

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the HEX value for your pause keymove try $10. On my 8810w this was approximately 1 second. $20 was 2 seconds..etc.
Stosh

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Refer to this thread. I found using device combiner protocol for my satellite receiver, which allows you to define a keypress duration, worked very well. Another benefit was that I was able to remove the pause between each macro command sent to the sat receiver.

Stosh
DGG

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re Nils' advice and e34m5's experience with the 8810, I must be doing something wrong. As I reported earlier this week, a value of $ff with my 8911 (identical to 8910) yields a delay of only about 1/2 second. $10 doesn't even give a discernable delay. I thought the 8810 and the 8910 used the same processor.

Any thoughts?

Don
silron1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

on my 8810w I am finding hex value 20 = 4 seconds and hex 10 =2 seconds.

Ron
Chuck_IV

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a note, a couple of us had problems(ie. it didn't work) with the Pause protocol that was built into Extender 2 of the 2117. We added in the generic pause protocol found in the files section. That pause protocol worked great for us.

Since these remotes are similar, you may have better success trying the generic pause protocol.
mr_d_p_gumby
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chuck_IV wrote:
Just a note, a couple of us had problems(ie. it didn't work) with the Pause protocol that was built into Extender 2 of the 2117. We added in the generic pause protocol found in the files section. That pause protocol worked great for us.

Since these remotes are similar, you may have better success trying the generic pause protocol.
FYI, just a quick mention that we've added support for the Pause Protocol in KM v8.10 (and added Pause protocols for the 6805 remotes, too). You can define your delay times as OBCs on the Functions tab, and then create your key moves on the Key Moves tab. Be sure to read the Protocol Help tab for timing info.
DGG

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, guys. I reloaded the Pause protocol from KM and everything works fine now.

Since the 88/8910 Extender Pause protocol works in the 8810 but doesn't work for the 8911 (which UEC advised me is identical to the 8910), either the 8910 requires different coding from the 8810 or UEC advised me incorrectly.

Don
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: