JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

URC625000-04R00 And URC625001-00R00 Can't Extract Raw.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2024 2:39 pm    Post subject: URC625000-04R00 And URC625001-00R00 Can't Extract Raw. Reply with quote

Since pin 2 goes to the processor and the common connection for the transport keys
I have the cable connected the correct direction I held down rew,play ffd and pause
and attempted raw download
Remote responded with the 2 blinks and back light on/off just like when i had the cable reversed
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2024 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Since pin 2 goes to the processor and the common connection for the transport keys
I don't understand what you mean, but I suppose that you are looking at more than we can see in the uploaded image. Can you take images of the whole board (both sides) and also of the hole in the case where you are attaching the cable? Many JPx remotes have a key slot to ensure that UEI folks insert the cable correctly.
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2024 6:54 am    Post subject: URC625000-04R00 And URC625001-00R00 Can't Extract Raw. Reply with quote

Since Graham is getting the same results as I am I assume i am connecting the cable correctly
Hard to see in these pics but in the pic showing circuit trace the lower left pin that i am calling pin 2 connects to processor and to transport keys
that is why i thought UEI might have a secret key press for programming

HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2024 8:29 am    Post subject: URC625000-04R00 And URC625001-00R00 Can't Extract Raw. Reply with quote

I did have my cable on wrong when holding buttons so it does not respond when holding keys after all
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2024 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HamburgerHelper1 wrote:

Could you photograph the board in sections, with sufficient detail visible to enable us to trace the connection that you refer to here? The full-board photo that you have posted is too bright at the top and too dark at the bottom to see anything clearly. I would like to be able to trace the connections of all keypads back to the processor. Photographing the board in sections would also improve the definition. The first picture you posted, around the processor and 6-pin connector only, is really clear.
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2024 1:09 pm    Post subject: URC625000-04R00 And URC625001-00R00 Can't Extract Raw. Reply with quote

I zipped up some pics and put them in Diagnosis section
Hopefully these are clear enough I had more pics but it was over file size limit
when I attempted upload

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26882
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2024 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The picture of the brown side of the PCB has pin 1 labeled. It is top right in that picture, so it will be top left in the green side pictures, just as mathdon had deduced.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2024 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have spent a considerable amount of time studying the wiring of the URC-2060 from the images that Randy has kindly supplied and concluded that there is no significant difference, from our point of view, from the standard wiring of a JP1.4 remote. I see from his images that the PCB does label the 6-pin connector as JP1.4, so that removes any doubt as to how UEI regards this remote. All six pins are connected to the 24-pin processor, which I believe to be an S3F80P5X (or very similar), with our pin number and the processor datasheet label as follows:

1 = 3.3V, 2 = nRESET/P0.2/INT2, 3 = Vss, 4 = SDAT/P0.0/INT0, 5 = TEST, 6 = SCLK/P0.1/INT1.

Tommy's examination of an OARI06G, also JP1.4, found a 44-pin processor which he identfied as an S3F80KB. I can find no such processor and take it to be an S3F80JB which Rob has posted as the JP1.3 processor. He has the following connections for the 6-pin connector, with the datasheet labels of that processor:

1 = 3.3V, 2 = nRESET, 3 = Vss, 4 = P3.0/TOPWM/T0CAP/SDAT, 5 = TEST, 6 = P3.1/REM/SCLK.

All this seems to match. Both datasheets say that TEST is normally set Low (0), setting it to High (1) puts the remote in TOOL mode in which the flash memory can be programmed by an external programmer through a serial interface using SDAT (pin 4) and SCLK (pin 6). In normal mode, these pins are available as P0.0/P0.1 or P3.0/P3.1 programmable I/O pins which we connect as TXD and RXD. Both processors have pin 2 available as nRESET, connected to RTS in our cables.

So for a long time I thought all was well and the remote should be programmable as any other JP1.4 remote. There was just one minor problem that puzzled me. This was the number of pins of the S3F80P5X that were connected in the remote, which was 23 of its 24 pins. The ones not used by the 6-pin connector are given on the datasheet as

Xin, Xout which are system clock input and output pins,
P0.3 - P0.7, P1.0 - P1.7 which are general I/O pins,
P2.0 which is a further general I/O pin,
P3.0 and P3.1 which are I/O pins with high current drive capability.

These are 18 pins of which only 17 appear to be allocated because of the total of 23 in use. Xin and Xout are connected to an external crystal, P3.0 and P3.1 appear to be connected to the IR LED and the LED on the Cable Power key. The backlight LEDs (many of them) need one pin, which may be P2.0. All LEDs are connected to GND (Vss) for their second pin.

This leaves P0.3 - P0.7 and P1.0 - P1.7 available for the keypad matrix. There are 40 keys, probably set as a 5 x 8 matrix, so 13 pins for the matrix and 13 pins are available, using all 24 pins. BUT ONLY 23 PINS ARE CONNECTED IN THE REMOTE! What is going on?

Unfortunately I have the solution. The one disparity between the 6-pin connectors in the two processors is that pin 2 is purely nRESET in the S3F80JB but has alternative uses as nRESET/P0.2/INT2 in the S3F80P5X. Careful reading of the datasheet shows that the nRESET/P0.2/INT2 pin acts as nRESET only in TOOL mode. If you look at the datasheet chapters on RESET for the two processors, the S3F80JB lists six different system reset sources, that for the S3F80P5X lists only five. The lists are the same apart from the one missing from the S3F80P5X, which is the External Reset Pin (nRESET). The only place nRESET/P0.2/INT2 is mentioned as nRESET is in the chapter on programming the flash memory in TOOL mode. So in normal mode it acts as another general I/O output pin P0.2, giving 14 pins P0.2 - P0.7 and P1.0 - P1.7 available for the 13 needed for the keypad matrix, so needing only 23 connections in all to the processor.

Puzzle resolved but the solution is that this remote does not have the ability to modify the flash memory externally in normal mode. The existing firmware can modify it so that the E2 area can function as it does in any other JP1.4 remote, but we cannot do so. Perhaps this should not be a surprise, as the overview at the start of the datasheet shows that this processor has only 18kb of flash, compared with the 64kb of the S3F80JB.
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2024 1:56 pm    Post subject: URC625000-04R00 And URC625001-00R00 Can't Extract Raw. Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
I have spent a considerable amount of time studying the wiring of the URC-2060

Puzzle resolved but the solution is that this remote does not have the ability to modify the flash memory externally in normal mode. .

Great work Graham
It does not surprise me that we can not modify this remote
But at least the info you discovered may be of use to future JP1 users
Tiku

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 12:43 am    Post subject: Rdf and maps for youview Reply with quote

mathdon
Hi mathdon you once said that you have experties in jp1.4 remote please kindly make rdf and maps for this remote as i desperately need remote for my personal use
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26893
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: