JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

H900 Marcos/Newbie's 1st Extender with RCA & Atlas
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ruidosobruce

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Atlas is not a learning remote. I use other remotes for that, although I haven't had to do it in a long time because the Upgrade files on the jp1 site are so complete.

I use the four color buttons on the Atlas for my Activities: Movies, DVD, Sat TV, Netflix.

Here is a link to my Atlas rmir file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/idsxv4vj5prq7n5/Atlas%20URC-1056ext2.13.rmir?dl=0
sti491

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:55 pm    Post subject: New CHallenge: creating an Apple TV upgrade Reply with quote

Thanks for the file Bruce.

For you, Dave and any others out there, I am stuck creating an upgrade for my Apple TV:

Please see RMIR file in Diagnostics File, section with commands learned from My Harmony 900 Apple TV settings on my RCA RCRP05B.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13127

2 problems right off the bat... the learned commands show two different protocols.... so how can I make one Device Upgrade? Dave, I did try a long learn from the H900 to be sure it was a "good learn"... it comes out the same every time.

Also when I Auto Converted the group of commands for buttons under the Apple protocol, it changed the OBC's from what is shown on the learned commands tab, which seemed odd.

I read various posts going back many years. Apple TV and JP1 seems to be a complex topic. I would think SOMEBODY has an upgrade, or at least the protocol and OBC's or Hex commands for the few buttons Apple has on this thing?

Well, maybe I'll be fresher in the morning, but I am getting knowhere on this it seems!

Any help would be welcome!
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This RMIR file has the official Apple TV upgrade from UEI. Open device 2615, save it, then load into your remote. If it works, go ahead a post it as well.

3FG, if you're still watching this thread, could you add this new protocol to protocols.ini if it isn't there already?

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12752

Code:
Protocol=01 E0
Protocol.name=Apple (Official)
ProtocolParms=238 224 135 0 0
FixedData=77 07 00 00 E1
CustomCode.S3C80=43 8D 52 8B 12 CF 44 08 08 01 20 03 31 01 20 00 FF D2 DC 11 94 08 B6 E4 06 0B 68 09 08 C6 56 C0 03 87 10 03 19 06 E6 01 03 B0 09 37 6F 1E 37 6D 06 46 29 09 8D 01 49 F6 01 46 F6 01 7C E4 0B 08 F6 01 46 F6 01 0A 7B 01 AF 46 29 09 46 29 01 8D 01 49
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej,
Not sure what you're asking for. Protocols.ini has had the Apple (Official) protocol for quite some time. Protocols.ini doesn't doesn't include the executor code, because the JP1 version is generally more powerful. Take a look at protocols.ini. The Apple (Official) entry has (and I believe needs) quite a bit more info than the one you're suggesting.

sti491's learns include device 229, which get deccoded as NEC1-f16, because we haven't seen that device number before. But he can ask for device 229 with the JP1 executor. I don't have time to look at this more right now, but the pairing ID also needs to be considered.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, wasn't sure if it was there or not. I don't have RM on this PC.
sti491

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bruce,

That RMIR file in dropbox only reads as a text file when I download it... Even though it shows on dropbox as a RMIR file, when I download it shows as a RMIR.txt file (?)

If you think the file is good, maybe try uploading it to the diagnostic file section in this forum, post me a link in this thread? ... that worked when Dave did it previously.
sti491

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej and 3FG, many thanks. That Apple TV upgrade works. It does everything learning from Apple TV Settings/General/Remotes/Learn Remotes does.

I could not get Discrete Off to work, but Apple TV sleeps after 15 min per my setting, so it doesn't matter.

I posted it in Device upgrades under Misc:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13128

The reason I wanted this was in preparation of programing my Atlas non-learning remote. With my RCA, I learned it from the Apple TV Settings/General/Remotes/Learn Remotes menu (not by the RCA 975 learning function). I am beginning to think that the Apple TV Settings/General/Remotes/Learn Remotes menu function saves any remotes signals in the Apple TV, instead of the remote learning the device signals.... if that makes any sense. Within Apple TV you save and name the remote that you went through the learning process (not using 975 on RCA).

I'll try doing this with my non-learning Atlas when I get it. This may be why nobody had posted an upgrade to begin with, not sure.

But the upgrade does work! Thank you...
ruidosobruce

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

.rmir files are actually text files but I don't know what in your download changed the extension to .txt?

Anyway, I posted another copy here:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13129
ruidosobruce

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also posted the Apple remote upgrade that I'm using in the Atlas 1056 to operate my Theater HTPC (a Mac Mini) here:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13130
sti491

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bruce.

Those File posts worked for me. I saw them when I was about to post a question on the Atlas.

Maybe you or Dave can help with the following:

I ordered my Atlas, but do not have it yet. I thought I would get ahead on programing it using RMIR files now.

In RMIR, the latest version (RemoteMaster v2.03 Alpha 28), it has a lot of the remotes and upgrades already loaded. I went to File/New/Remote Image, then selected the file below (based on what you had recommended), unchecking the "Exclude Extenders" box.

Atlas 1056B01 (Silver) EXT Initial Upgrades-SF-Macros from RCA.rmir

Then I started loading my devices, and was about to load Macros and Special Functions, replicating what I did on my RCA.

That's when I noticed there were no Initial Settings of device buttons in the "General Tab" under the "Other Settings" box to the right.

1. I was going to ask, and still would like to know, how do you add device button Initial Settings in the "General Tab" under "Other Settings"? They were there to begin with when I did the same type of extended file download for the RCA.

1b. Then I saw your late post and downloaded your Atlas RMIR file... and low and behold you don't have any device button Initial Settings in the "General Tab" under "Other Settings"... so I guess they are not needed for the Atlas????

2. Next thing I noticed was My Atlas file (from RMIR) did not have under devices many things I though it would need, but your file had them, such as:
Device to activate/deactivate the extender
ToadTog device
DSM device
PAUSE device
Device Multiplexor device
LDKP device
Backlight toggle control device

From my RCA experience, I need those! Not sure why the RMIR file I have doesn't have them.

So crap... I think I will delete what I was doing and just use your file, deleting your devices, adding mine, doing same for macros & Special Functions I want that are different than yours.

Wonder why the files are different as to those basic extender functions? Maybe that extended file in this latest version of RMIR is incomplete?
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to download the extender files seperately and copy the RDF to your RDF folder for it to work properly in RMIR.

1. I don't think those Other Settings have any effect on an extended remote. All your macros override all that stuff anyway if it exists.

You may just have to wait until you get your remote for everything to work.
sti491

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Dave.

I was thinking that may be the case.... IN RMIR going to File/New/Remote Image, then selected a file and unchecking the "Exclude Extenders" box, seems very misleading (?)

I had some time today, so I am taking Bruce's file he uses for the exact same Atlas, and adding my specifics, deleting his. Maybe it will work on my new remote. If not I'll start over.
ruidosobruce

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Atlas .rmir file I uploaded for you is for the extended Atlas. All those other device entries are part of the extender.

You should be able to simply upload my .rmir file to your new Atlas which will extend it, although the safest approach would be to install the extender yourself (be sure the extender RDF is in your RDF folder). Either way, you have to activate the extender. Read the extender read-me file.

It is the Atlas OCAP JP1.3 Extender ver. 2.13 downloaded from:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9800
sti491

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got it Bruce, thanks.

I realize I may waste some effort if for some reason this doesn't work, but since I have the time now, I am taking your extended file with your devices, macros, etc, deleting those, adding the same or similar ones from my extended RCA, making changes in code semantics per the Atlas extender readme.

With a little luck my new extended RMIR file "cloned" from yours, will plug right in my new remote when it arrives.

If not, I'll just do it all over again starting from scratch. Seems like it should work!
ruidosobruce

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The .rmir file I uploaded for you, if you just install it in your Atlas, should work your Vizio TV as is. Then all you should have to do is edit the other devices and install your Polk audio upgrade.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 10 of 14

Jump to: