JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Panasonic (Technics) SA-HE75

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nikon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 5:37 pm    Post subject: Panasonic (Technics) SA-HE75 Reply with quote

Hi all,

I know some of you have helped me already, which I do appreciate, but I need more help.

It looks like I'm going to have to build a device upgrade file for this paticular receiver. Maybe I've overlooked something, but I can't find anything for it, and I also can't find where to begin building a device upgrade file, so if someone could point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.

(Edited to be more specific)

I know that you can take the info from what you taught the remote via JP1 & IR and somehow put it into KM, but how do I go about doing that? And then going from there? I want to install the extender, but I don't want to do that until after I'm done doing the learning parts since it disables learning in the remote.

Thanks all Smile

-Nikon

...I guess I need to get out my handy-dandy net, and go catch it. Wink

Last edited by nikon on Wed Feb 11, 2004 5:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panasonic is very consistent about IR signals across models, so you should be able to use the upgrade posted for the SA-HE100
nikon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, I figured you were poking around the boards. I'll take a look at that one, and post back if it doesn't help. Thanks for all the help you've given me John. Smile

-Nikon

johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 5:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Panasonic (Technics) SA-HE75 Reply with quote

nikon wrote:

I know that you can take the info from what you taught the remote via JP1 & IR and somehow put it into KM, but how do I go about doing that?

Assuming it is anything like the SA-HE100 you would select the Panasonic Combo2 protocol in KM (Panasonic, because that's the protocol your signals decoded as, and Combo2 because that's the one the help text implies is appropriate when the device number is constant and subdevice varies).

But since the SA-HE100 is already set up, just compare your learned signals to that. On the functions sheet the OBC column should match the OBC of each decode and the sub dev column should match the subdevice of each decode. If a few are wrong or missing, it's easy to change.
nikon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm seeing exactly what you're talking about.

Like for the level key, the upgrade I just downloaded says:
Code:

Functions     EFC          "byte2=sub-dev"                OBC   

level         190           20                            134

But the level key that just got learned came out as:
Code:

level         030           20                            190

So to fix this, I would just change the OBC and EFC to what got learned, correct? And then just go through, and learn and change each key as I need?

johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm mildly surprised that the command is different. But changing the upgrade so the OBC matches is the right thing to do.

You don't manually change both the EFC and OBC in KM. You change just one of them and KM changes the other. (You can only change the one on the left.) There is a button to let you switch which one can be changed.

Some combo protocols use EFC numbers strangely, so that only the OBC is consistent with learned signals. I'm pretty sure this one doesn't have that problem, so if you make the EFC match the learned signal that will make the OBC match and vice versa.
nikon

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnsfine wrote:
I'm mildly surprised that the command is different. But changing the upgrade so the OBC matches is the right thing to do.

You don't manually change both the EFC and OBC in KM. You change just one of them and KM changes the other. (You can only change the one on the left.) There is a button to let you switch which one can be changed.

Some combo protocols use EFC numbers strangely, so that only the OBC is consistent with learned signals. I'm pretty sure this one doesn't have that problem, so if you make the EFC match the learned signal that will make the OBC match and vice versa.

I figured all that out, lol. It ended up being that, that key, and another key, were different. The other one's sub-device was different. Then there were some features that this model of Pana receiver doesn't have, so those got ommitted all together (but I did keep the 2 discreete codes that were in it Smile ). And if you want to check it out to see if it looks ok, it's right under the SA-HE100 upgrade in KM upgrades (under Audio) on Yahoo. I probably should have posted to diagnosis first - my apologies if that's the case - but I double checked to make sure everything worked, and everything went fine, so... well, I've done my first device upgrade. Very Happy Yay!! Now to go smoke and go to bed, lol.

Later,
Damien

P.S. Since I've figured out this whole thing, almost in it's entirety (I'm sure that there's a lot left I still don't know Shocked ), I've removed my sig. Wink
nikon

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey John, just realized I forgot to thankyou for the help in that last post, so thanks man. Smile

-Nikon
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: