JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sony SLV-D100 and Sony STR-DE895

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrRatt

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 1:48 pm    Post subject: Sony SLV-D100 and Sony STR-DE895 Reply with quote

Anyone have codes for these devices?

Sony SLV-D100 (VCD&DVD Combo)
Sony STR-DE895 (Reciever)
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 2:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Sony SLV-D100 and Sony STR-DE895 Reply with quote

MrRatt wrote:
Anyone have codes for these devices?

Sony SLV-D100 (VCD&DVD Combo)
Sony STR-DE895 (Reciever)
Have you checked the jp1 files area for upgrades? There are quite a few Sony upgrades that may work.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please read the #1 FAQ thread in this forum, and yes, we have upgrades for both devices.
MrRatt

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
If you do have a JP1 learning remote, then the answer to your search is already in your hands. All you need to do is learn the buttons from your original remote, using your JP1 learning remote, and then download the memory using IR.exe.
Wish I could, the Millennium 4 doesn't learn.

The Robman wrote:
If your JP1 remote is not a learning remote, or you don't have the original remote to learn from, before posting a request for codes, please check the Device Code folder in the Yahoo Group.
Didn't see either of them listed here, unless I'm just blind today... I looked before I posted. I mod on a diff forum so I can understand how annoying it is to have newbies asking the same questions over and over...

I also saw the second sticky about Sony codes, but seeing as how I didn't even know JP1 existed 3 days ago, I'm a bit confused how that page would help me.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you look in the DVD folder, you will see a generic upgrade for Sony DVD/VCR players, then if you go to the Audio folder, you will find several upgrades for receivers with similar model numbers to yours.

I'm willing to bet pretty good money that you will find an upgrade that will work both devices.
MrRatt

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using the generic code I managed to get the VCR under control. Record/Rewind/Play/Stop/Pause... all that stuff works fine on my Millennium 4 now! Yay! I'm still not sure if I can work with DVD Menus and the like yet, but I can keep my other remote around for now to play DVDs.

I tried using the codes for an 885 for my reciever, and it didn't work. Some functionality was present (on/off, volume control) but most wasn't available, or at least not keyed to anything I could find.

However, I found an old Radio Shack (RS-2103) remote laying around that can learn and can have a JP1 plug added to it, so I should be able to get the information I need to create a file to import on the Millennium 4.

Now, do you guys have a tutorial or something that will teach me how to do all that?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, now that you've figured out how to use KM, you should check RobH's Sony web site, as he lists just about every Sony code known to man. I'm guessing that you will find the codes for both your DVD menu and your receiver.

As for the 15-2103, the mod isn't the easiest in the world, but if you're up for the challenge, I expect there's a doc in the Hardware folder that explains what to do (at least, that's where I would look).
mr_d_p_gumby
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrRatt wrote:
I tried using the codes for an 885 for my reciever, and it didn't work. Some functionality was present (on/off, volume control) but most wasn't available, or at least not keyed to anything I could find.
Well, if the volume & power worked, then your receiver is set to AV2, and things like the digit keys and input selects should work too. Sony hasn't changed the code for Video 1 input (for example) since the dark ages, so I hope you'll pardon me, but I have to ask if you changed the remote on the KM setup page to your Millennium 4, and if you did that, then did you also make sure that the desired functions were assigned to buttons on the Buttons tab?
MrRatt

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked at KM more closely and found out the funcitons I was missing were programmed into the Shift+Number buttons. I don't know how to shift the Millenium 4, so I just switched a few buttons around instead.

Thanks for all your help Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: