JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

URC-8305 Kameleon UK...... Can't find RDF for it?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LMolland

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:00 am    Post subject: URC-8305 Kameleon UK...... Can't find RDF for it? Reply with quote

Hi, I have managed to open up my URC-8305 Kameleon (UK), and can get IR.exe to "Download from remote" using JP1.x USB-Serial interface.

However, I can't use KM or RM to create any device upgrades because I can't find an RDF file for this remote.

I've spent a couple of hours searching and reading the forums but can't find anything which helps. (I see there is an RDF for the 8 device version URC-8308.)

I thought maybe I could create my own RDF but, having read RDF3Spec.doc and RDF4Spec_r004.pdf, I'm pretty sure it's beyond me!

Is there an RDF? Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So when you download from the remote you get a "No RDF Found", correct?

Since you've been a member for a long time, I assume you are familiar with the importance of the signature. The signature is more important than the remote model.

There are two RDF's for URC-8305s. The 11221122 URC-8305 is in the released version, and the 11431143 URC-8305 is in the development area, but you are referring to the URC-8308. Does this remote have the 11421142 signature? If you don't know how to determine the signature, post the raw IR file from the download of the remote, in the diagnosis area and then post a link to that file here.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
LMolland

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Vickyg2003, Sorry... my mistake!

You're right of course, the signature I get in IR.exe is 11431143, and I had indeed found that RDF a while ago. I got confused between the "RDF" and the "Maps and Images" files and I never put the "11431143 (URC-8305 Kameleon).rdf" in the correct directory on my "C" drive for IR.exe.

I put the RDF in the directory for KM and (doubly embarrasing) although it didn't work in KM I know that not all remotes are hard coded in KM... because you told me that last November.

I will in future keep all RDF's in one directory!

I assume RM will still work OK even though there are no "Maps and Images" files.

Thanks, Lester
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LMolland wrote:

I assume RM will still work OK even though there are no "Maps and Images" files.

The Maps and Images are not required for RM to function. However since the RDF is still in the development area it may not be 100% researchd and may have some undocumented bytes in the raw data. For that reason it is really important that you always start from a down load from the remote to fill in those bytes with acceptable bytes. In other words NEVER DO A FILE NEW, when you can start with a download.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: