JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

METechs Drapery Control
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kkl wrote:
JP1 protocols still not working.

The carrier freq is still showing up as 38.3, so I have reduced it further. I have put a 37.9 version on the CBL button and a 37.7 version on the SAT button (same link as before).
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9835

Also, when you are testing the upgrade, have you tried moving closer to the drapes? If we find that the upgrade only works when you are close to the drapes, we can make the signal stronger by increasing what we call the "duty cycle" and that's something that we don't see when we're comparing learned signals.

Last edited by The Robman on Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also when you test the upgrade you will need to hold the ffwd and rew keys long enough to generate 4 frames, because even with the repeat set, a short tap is only going to get 2 frames but we believe you need at least 4 frames to get the key to work.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
kkl

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still no go. I'm pressing the buttons continuously about 1 ft from the receiver. Looks like the carrier only got up to 38.1, not 38.3.

File: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9838
kkl

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kkl wrote:
Looks like the carrier only got up to 38.1, not 38.3.8

I should have said, it looks like the working frequency was 37.9 and the two test protocols are 37.7 and 38.1.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The learns in CBL mode match your original learns exactly. Can you check one more thing, load one of the URC-8811 files that includes the re-learns of your original learns (ie, TV mode) and see if they work from the URC-8811.
kkl

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took the 8811 and had it learn the original remote. That shows a frequency of 37.9 (TV). The CBL device, which was a learn from the 15-2217, shows a frequency of 38.1.

IR file: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9840

Edit: And the TV keys do work.

The file you provided, METechs.Rob3.ir, also show the TV learned keys as 37.9 in IR.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In this file where you re-learned the learned signals, they show up as 38.1, could you load this file back into your URC-8811 and confirm that the learns in TV mode actually work.
kkl

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Color me confused! You're correct. I loaded that file into the 8811 and the TV keys do work at a reported 38.1. So, I had the 8811 learn the 15-2117 and the original remote again. The 15-2117 TV was learned on the 8811 DVD and shows as 38.1. These keys work. I also learned the original remote on 8811 CD. They show up as 37.9. They also work. See file: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9841

This is way beyond me, so I hope you're still able to figure it out.

Edit:
The Robman wrote:
I have put a 37.9 version on the CBL button
, but when learned, it showed as 38.1 (I think).

Last edited by kkl on Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried making an standard F12 upgrade for the 8811? Maybe there's something odd about the 2116.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the only thing left that I can think of is that the device requires exactly 2 repeats of the double signal.

kkl, when you use the original remote, if you hold the OPEN or CLOSE buttons down, do the drapes keep moving until you release the button? And when you use the learned signals, I assume they just move a bit and then stop, is that right?
kkl

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The drapes move continuously after a button is pressed. Doesn't matter if it's just tapped once or held down. They don't stop until STOP is pressed (or are fully opened or closed).

When I learn a button, it only seems to learn correctly if I just tap a button rather than hold it down. The correctly learned keys behave the same way as the original remote.

It's entirely possible that I screwed something up in one of the tests, although I tried to go through each step at least twice. Is there a specific file I should try again (the one that seemed to be identical)? Still don't get the carrier frequency difference.[/b]
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could it be that this drapery system is EXTREMELY senstitive to the timing. I've never seen anything this sensitive. Ususally if it looks close in IRScope the codes are acceptable, but with this the signals look identical and they don't work.

Looking at MeTech Robs2-Learned4.IR

CD Works 37.9
+422-1270, +1266-426, -35110, -89254

TV Works 38.1
+420-1272, +1260-432, -35110, -89252

CBL Doesn't Work 38.3
+418-1270, +1252-418, -35328, -89594

So on the signals that work the ones and zeros are exactly 1692 wide, with the CBL we have 1688 and 1672 widths and then the frame leadout times are a little off too.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kkl wrote:
The drapes move continuously after a button is pressed. Doesn't matter if it's just tapped once or held down. They don't stop until STOP is pressed (or are fully opened or closed).

OK, this proves that the buttons don't need to repeat. I'll create a version later that will just send the 2-part signal twice so you can try that.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Version 4 should (hopefully) send the 2-part signal once for the numeric buttons and twice for the others:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9835

If this works, can you also try to verify that the numeric buttons do what they're supposed to do also.
kkl

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

<heavy sigh> Still no good. Capture of CBL (not working) and TV (working) at http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9842.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: