JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Two Components with the Same Code

View previous topic :: View next topic  
01sporty

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:37 pm    Post subject: Two Components with the Same Code Reply with quote

DVR: Hughes HR10-250
AUD: Pioneer VSX-D912
TV: Samsung UN-40D6420

I was trying to create a simple set of macros that would set my receiver to the proper component when I pressed the TV or DVD or Cbl/Sat button on my 6131 remote.

I chased my tail for a while thinking I must be doing something wrong with the macro because it kept changing the state of my DVR.

It turns out that pressing the vcr(dvr) button on the Pioneer remote, toggles the Tivo DVR between DirecTV Central and the Now Playing List.

Is there any way around a problem like this?
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had problems like that and they can be a pain. There are a lot of ways to attack a problem like this.

Does this happen when you use the OEM remote too?

If they are totally different protocols sometimes you can tweak one of the protocol executor just enough so that the frequency of the signal is still acceptable to one unit but just different enough not to effect the other unit.

If they are the same protocol/obc you can sometimes put one of the units into a state where it can't respond.

Sometimes equipment has "unit" codes to deal with interference in the room.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This first showed up after pioneer released its own brand tivo/dvdr combo, the pioneer vcr command acts like the address zero menu command. Meaning it will put all your tivos no matter what address it is set to into menu. Only cure is to abandon the vcr command, and input on your pioneer receiver.

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?p=3256379#post3256379
01sporty

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that explains a lot. I think I may have a work-around but I'm not even sure the macros are working right yet. These are the first macros I've tried and they sure bumped up against a wall. I'll have another go at it tomorrow.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: