JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

METechs Drapery Control
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I see that I forgot to add the link to the RDMU file, but that's probably for the best. I realize that I had jumped in and never actually tested the F12 protocol. When I did, that protocol sent the proper signal with the 0.1 and all. When I compared these to the learn, I found that the signals were pretty close. However, there is a 1000u timing issue in the time between the frames. I wonder if that might be the reason the kkl's first protocol didn't work. The repeating keys, << >> and stop should have worked unless the timing was a little to far out of whack.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vicky,
The F12 executor does compute the "subdevice" and also inserts a delay between pairs of signals. That's what the datasheet which Mike linked to calls for--about 80mS between signal pairs.

The executor that I posted (I hope the third time is the charm...) is intended to send signals with no delay (other than the normal leadout) between them.

I'm reading the datasheet and it is apparent that this protocol isn't much like normal IR signals.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
Vicky,
The F12 executor does compute the "subdevice" and also inserts a delay between pairs of signals. That's what the datasheet which Mike linked to calls for--about 80mS between signal pairs.

And that's how kkl's signals look too. If you look at the raw data timings or if you dump them in irScope you can see it. The leadout times alternate between 35100 AND 89300 on the signals that repeat. If I look at the pictures, which is the way I do the protocol work, the only difference I see is a noticible difference in the leadout times from the upgrade and the learns.

Quote:
I'm reading the datasheet and it is apparent that this protocol isn't mcuh like normal IR signals.

Better you than me. Laughing
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually if you are into the pictures you can see how closely these resemble each other. The only thing that looks a little off is the leadoff time
kkl

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
kkl,
Would you mind checking the Output tab of RM just before you copy to IR?

Unfortunately, the code appears to be the same. I tried it again. No go. Here's the RDMU output:

Code:

Upgrade protocol 0 = 01 36 (S3C80) F12 Modified (RM v2.01)
 3C 91 11 8B 0D 05 04 08 02 76 00 BB 00 D3 02 66
 42 81 56 03 EF 08 04 10 C0 B4 04 C0 5B 03 46 03
 10 F6 01 46 F6 01 0A 7B F8 8D 01 46
End

Upgrade Code 0 = DE A5 (Home Auto/1701) METechs Motorized Drapery Control (RM v2.01)
 36 00 82 C1 00 00 A0 90 88 84 82 80 60 50 00 20
 08 10
End

Here's the protocol in IR:
Code:
FF00:   3C 91   DB   3CH, 91H
FF02:   11   DB   11H
FF03:   8B 0D   JR   FF12H
FF05:   05   DB   05H
FF06:   04 08   DB   04H, 08H
FF08:   02 76   DW   0276H
FF0A:   00 BB   DW   00BBH
FF0C:   00 D3   DW   00D3H
FF0E:   02 66   DW   0266H
FF10:   42 81   DW   4281H
FF12:   56 03 EF   AND   R03, #EFH
FF15:   08 04   LD   RC0, R04
FF17:   10 C0   RLC   RC0
FF19:   B4 04 C0   XOR   RC0, R04
FF1C:   5B 03   JR   MI, FF21H
FF1E:   46 03 10   OR   R03, #10H
FF21:   F6 01 46   CALL   0146H
FF24:   F6 01 0A   CALL   010AH
FF27:   7B F8   JR   C, FF21H
FF29:   8D 01 46   JP   0146H

and the underlying Edit:
Code:
3C 91 11 8B 0D 05 04 08 02 76 00 BB 00 D3 02 66
42 81 56 03 EF 08 04 10 C0 B4 04 C0 5B 03 46 03
10 F6 01 46 F6 01 0A 7B F8 8D 01 46

Device upgrade:
Code:
36 00 82 C1 00 00 A0 90 88 84 82 80 60 50 00 20
08 10
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm something is rotten here. I was going to tweak the F12 protocol again to make it match exactly.

I wanted to account for the difference in a remote capture and a widget capture, so start, I transferred the learn to my Atlas and shot it at the widget.

Then I used the comcast and using the F12 protocol and shot that at the widget. The signals were identical.

The difference that I saw in the pictures above were just from the timings being recorded too different sources.

If the learns work, the regular F12 should have worked.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kkl, could you try loading this IR file into your 15-2116 and give it a try:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9835

1) The TV button has your original learns
2) The CBL button has a simple upgrade using the built-in F12 executor
3) The SAT button has the modified upgrade that you've been working with

I've removed all of your other upgrades from the file as they were causing an overflow situation, and I want to eliminate anything else that might be making this not work.

If the TV buttons still work but the CBL and SAT buttons do not, please learn from the 15-2116 using your URC-8811, using the same modes (ie, TV, CBL and SAT) on the URC-8811 then post your URC-8811 IR file.
kkl

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:

If the TV buttons still work but the CBL and SAT buttons do not, please learn from the 15-2116 using your URC-8811, using the same modes (ie, TV, CBL and SAT) on the URC-8811 then post your URC-8811 IR file.

Rob,

CBL and SAT keys do not work. On the TV device, the REW and STOP keys work, but FF does not. I have learned and uploaded the results to http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9836. The learned keys behave the same as the original (i.e. TV REW and STOP work, FF does not). Thanks.
mr_d_p_gumby
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
I took a look and even though all the experts say that subdevice doesn't matter, there is a bump missing on the picture.

It seems to me that most of these were 0.1 codes but I can't find the zip file that shows the complete set of learns.

So bottom line, the upgrade as is will not work until I write something to do both the 0.0 and the 0.1.
The fourth "bump" is the repeating bit, which DecodeIR is reporting as subdevice 1. According to the official F12 documentation (the data sheet I referenced before-see section 4), if the fifth & sixth bits are zero, then the fourth bit is always a 1. The official UEI executor will do this; when it sees the 2 lsb of the hex key data as 00, then it sets the fourth bit, and performs the repeating pattern 3FG mentioned. There is no "subdevice" according to the UEI implementation. I'm somewhat puzzled as to why you had to create a special executor for this, but then we all know that you have the JP1 sickness... Razz
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, comparing the signals, the only difference that I see is the carrier frequency, it's showing as 38.3 from the upgrade and 38.1 from the learns, so I have modified the executor to generate a lower frequency.

I have deleted the previous modified upgrade as that wasn't generating the leadout correctly.

I have also modified your original learns, so hopefully now the FFWD (open) button will work. I have also modified the REW (close) button to get rid of some extraneous data that was in the learn, so hopefully that one will still work (proving that the extraneous data isn't required).

Please give this one a try:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9835

If it works, verify that the numeric buttons have the expected effect.

If it doesn't work, please re-learn again using your URC-8811 and post the results.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The modified f12 doesn't have the correct timing data. It doesn't follow that 2 frame space that the real f12 and the learns are showing.

kkl

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JP1 protocols still not working. The TV learned buttons all appear to work. Learned keys at http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9837
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mr_d_p_gumby wrote:
vickyg2003 wrote:
I took a look and even though all the experts say that subdevice doesn't matter, there is a bump missing on the picture.

It seems to me that most of these were 0.1 codes but I can't find the zip file that shows the complete set of learns.

So bottom line, the upgrade as is will not work until I write something to do both the 0.0 and the 0.1.
The fourth "bump" is the repeating bit, which DecodeIR is reporting as subdevice 1. According to the official F12 documentation (the data sheet I referenced before-see section 4), if the fifth & sixth bits are zero, then the fourth bit is always a 1. The official UEI executor will do this; when it sees the 2 lsb of the hex key data as 00, then it sets the fourth bit, and performs the repeating pattern 3FG mentioned. There is no "subdevice" according to the UEI implementation. I'm somewhat puzzled as to why you had to create a special executor for this, but then we all know that you have the JP1 sickness... Razz

Thanks Mike. I was tweaking the protocol, because my starting point was 3FG's first attempt and that doesn't have the fourth bump. When I went back to the original F12 I saw an exact match for the learned signals.

I was playing catch up, because on Saturday I was enjoying Mai Tai's and wasn't quite following the conversation. Wink

3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
The modified f12 doesn't have the correct timing data. It doesn't follow that 2 frame space that the real f12 and the learns are showing.

But that was the point of modifying-- to get a different timing behavior compared to the official executor. Perhaps I mis-remembered, but I think kkl has some learns which are not of the repeating variety, but which showed 4 signals closely spaced. The F12 protocol would expect just 2 signals and no more for any function number with bit1 or bit2 equal to one.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
vickyg2003 wrote:

But that was the point of modifying-- to get a different timing behavior compared to the official executor. Perhaps I mis-remembered, but I think kkl has some learns which are not of the repeating variety, but which showed 4 signals closely spaced. The F12 protocol would expect just 2 signals and no more for any function number with bit1 or bit2 equal to one.

I missed that part of the conversation. I read about the 4 part but didn't actually ever see the learns (while not rum soaked). When I went looking for them again, I couldn't find them. I know that the learns that kkl posted follow the -- -- -- -- repeat when it is in the repeating and has the 1 subdevice. The non repeating signals just have the two quick frames --

kkl wrote:

Here's the file with all of the original remote buttons learned: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9809

I loaded these learns into the Atlas and then used the F12 (unmodified) protocol from the comcast, and they were an EXACT match.

So if these learns work, I don't know why we need a modified protocol, unless you saw something different that is no longer posted.

Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: