JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

METechs Drapery Control
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kkl

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:15 pm    Post subject: METechs Drapery Control Reply with quote

I have a Chinese-made IR-controlled drapery rod. Up to 8 devices can be controlled by the remote. The default on the receiver is 8. The only other buttons on the remote control are <>, ><, and STOP. Learning is inconsistent but I managed to get a working learned function for each button. I just learned the buttons on my 15-2117 number keys. Several variations of the <> (OPEN) button were learned on keys 1, 4, and 7. I could only get one working version of >< (CLOSE) and STOP. A photo of the remote is included in the ZIP file (http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9809).
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those learns look pretty reliable, and they all display as using the F12 protocol, so have you tried creating an upgrade using F12?

This forum is primarily for protocols that are not detected by the software.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Rob says, the first step is to create an F12 upgrade to see if it will work reliably.

I am a little concerned about the code that you learned on the 1,4,7
If you look at the learn on key 7, you'll see the obc changed from 8 to 0.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But he said that all of those learns work, so the 0 code isn't required.
kkl

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Those learns look pretty reliable, and they all display as using the F12 protocol, so have you tried creating an upgrade using F12?

This forum is primarily for protocols that are not detected by the software.

I'll give it a try. I didn't know if "IRP form: Undetermined" meant that it was some kind of variant.

I did discover something weird about the way the remote functions. The device code buttons 1-8 actually send a signal and the transport buttons don't change based on the device #. The receiver device code is set by DIP switch. Apparently, the receiver is set to listen when it receives a matching device signal from the remote, and ignore any signals if the last signal it received was a different device number. I don't remember ever having a device that worked this way.

Anyway, it's been a few years since I tried making an upgrade code, but I'll give it a try since the learned signal looks reliable to you. Thanks.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While you're here, you should try learning everything that you can from the remote, just so we have it documented in the eventual upgrade. For starters, learn the 1-8 buttons, then try changing the DIP settings and re-learn.

My guess is that the OBCs will be the same regardless of the DIP, it's probably just the device code that will change. If that is the case, you would just need to learn one button for each DIP setting.
kkl

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just gave it a shot and ran into a stumbling block. The number keys (1-8) are sub-device 1, but the transport keys are sub-device 0. F12 doesn't appear to be a combo protocol and I couldn't find out how to make one. Help?

Posted updated .ir file at http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9809
kkl

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it helps, I think the METechs is the same protocol as the Kallox which was posted about here. It doesn't look like an upgrade was ever created/posted.
kkl

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just found the Device Combiner function in RM. Maybe I can still figure it out myself.

Edit: Nope. Still can't do it. F12 doesn't have a sub-device option.

Edit2: Found this post that says you can ignore the sub-device for F12: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=13006&sid=bf4be3d552e74520efde6699bfca6f80.

Created upgrade code in RM by entering the learned OBC codes for F12, device 0.

Upgrade Code 0 = D6 A5 (Home Auto/1701) METechs Motorized Drapery Control (RM v2.01)
1A 00 82 C1 00 00 A0 90 88 84 82 80 60 50 00 20
08 10
End

Problem is, it does NOT work. I'm not sure what to do now.

Last edited by kkl on Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kkl,

I'm not up on the device combiner in the 2116 but in many of the older remotes, the device combiner only works on built in codes, not in setup codes from the E2 area.

Have you tried one upgrade for the f12 upgrades that were just for the 0.1 and another for the f12 0.0? Did they work as advertised?

Is the current set the complete set?

This should be easy to do as a combo code. Its a pretty straight forward protocol after all.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
kkl

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:

Have you tried one upgrade for the f12 upgrades that were just for the 0.1 and another for the f12 0.0? Did they work as advertised?

Is the current set the complete set?

Please see my edited previous post. (Sorry, I had the window open for awhile and posted before rechecking for new messages.)

I don't know what "F12 upgrades" are. I have captured all of the buttons.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please post the IR and RM file that you're using to make the upgrade. I just checked using RMIR that entering in device 0 and e.g. OBC 17 sends the same signal as your learns.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kkl, I know that you are feverishly working on this and probably looking for an answer right now. I've run out of jp1 time today, but I promise to look at this first thing tomorrow morning.

kkl

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
kkl, I know that you are feverishly working on this and probably looking for an answer right now. I've run out of jp1 time today, but I promise to look at this first thing tomorrow morning.
Thanks for your help.
kkl

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
Please post the IR and RM file that you're using to make the upgrade. I just checked using RMIR that entering in device 0 and e.g. OBC 17 sends the same signal as your learns.

I've posted the files here: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9829

I also re-learned the keys on two different devices (TV and CBL). The learned transport keys all work on the CBL device and don't work on the TV device. Even though the protocol, sub-device, and OBC are all the same, the underlying data is different.

Example:
TV/Rew - Doesn't Work:
0B 00 10 00 D3 85 98 33 32 33 33 23 31 33 32 33
33 23 30

CBL/Rew - Does Work:
0B 20 2C 00 D3 04 00 D3 AE 61 00 D3 44 98 02 79
00 D5 00 D3 02 7B 30 33 32 33 33 23 31 33 32 33
33 23 30 33 32 33 33 23 31 33 32 33 33 23 30

Hopefully you'll know what this means. Thanks very much.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: