JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Need help with Hd Zoom on Comcast Remote

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Agilis1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:56 pm    Post subject: Need help with Hd Zoom on Comcast Remote Reply with quote

Hello,

I have a Comast Silver Remote with Red OK/Select button and I'm using it as an additional remote for my parents Cisco RNG200 STB/DVR. I was able to consult the Lookup Tool for 01982 (1982) to activate the Exit button. But unfortunately I cannot activate the following buttons:

A
B
C
HD Zoom
My DVR
Swap

When I consult the Lookup Tool, I am being returned a list if EFCs but some of the EFCs are duplicated across several buttons making the code incorrect. I have no idea how to find the EFC needed if it's not listed/incorrect. Here's the Lookup Tool criteria:

Type: Cable
Setup Id: 1982
Setup a Remote: Comcast 1067BX3 JP1.2/JP1.3

I would greatly appreciate it if anyone can help me out.

Thanks in advanced
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

18885 A
16387 B
22981 C
51397 HD Zoom
43205 My DVR
00197 PIP Swap

Quote:
I have no idea how to find the EFC needed if it's not listed/incorrect.

I went into the JP1 file area and found Rob's Cisco RNG 200 and downloaded the file and changed the remote to your remote to calculate the new EFC's.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
Agilis1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
18885 A
16387 B
22981 C
51397 HD Zoom
43205 My DVR
00197 PIP Swap

Quote:
I have no idea how to find the EFC needed if it's not listed/incorrect.

I went into the JP1 file area and found Rob's Cisco RNG 200 and downloaded the file and changed the remote to your remote to calculate the new EFC's.

Hello Vicky,

Thanks for replying as fast as you did.

My DVR code worked.
HD Zoom worked
A Worked
C Worked

B DID NOT work
PIP Swap DID NOT WORK

Almost there and wow, I never knew that these remotes were so programmable until recently.

Thanks again!
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mistake on the B key
16837 = B key,

but I copied the PIP Swap key correctly, so we'll need to look farther.

Quote:

Almost there and wow, I never knew that these remotes were so programmable until recently.

Yes, and then you get into the cable thing that we do and it really gets interesting. We can add our own upgrades (setup codes) and we can take over the operation of the remote by installing something we call an extender and make the remote do some really helpful stuff.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
Agilis1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow that's awesome. I work as a software developer and love tinkering with things such as this, but sometimes, after work, you don't want to mess with stuff anymore... you just want it to work. The B key worked and the PIP Swap is still up for debate.

Thanks so much!
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We seem to have an error in the 5 digit EFC calculation.

I am try to send XMP-1 62.16 89

However EFC 00197
is sending XMP-1 62.16 249

If I plug 249 into the OBC the hex is F9 00 EFC 64965
if I plug 89 into the OBC the hex is 59 00 EFC 00197

So is there some kind of adjustment I need to make this EFC if it ends up being 00197. I know that with the Gray button can't handle OBC's past the some number near 64000 but this is for the red button bx3

3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a missing feature in RM. All UEI remotes which take 5 digit EFCs treat an EFC beginnng with 2 zeros as a 3 digit EFC. And as Vicky says, some remotes have additional restrictions.

Use EFC = 65733
That's 00197+65536, where 65536 is 2^16. RM would be easier to use in manual programming applications if it did this arithmetic automatically.
Agilis1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
This is a missing feature in RM. All UEI remotes which take 5 digit EFCs treat an EFC beginnng with 2 zeros as a 3 digit EFC. And as Vicky says, some remotes have additional restrictions.

Use EFC = 65733
That's 00197+65536, where 65536 is 2^16. RM would be easier to use in manual programming applications if it did this arithmetic automatically.

So for PIP Swap, I'm to use 65733?
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

So for PIP Swap, I'm to use 65733?

Yes,
65733 = PIP Swap
will shoot the code (OBC-89) that you were looking for.

Agilis1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot! That worked!
yoda007x

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have either of you figured out how to do a 30 second forward skip on this box? The EFC for the Motorola doesn't work and I didn't see anything like it when I looked up the EFCs on the lookup tool. I was looking for a few EFCs including the Exit button and following your post got it right away for me. Thanks a bunch.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: