JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Confused on device macros, need help

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sam

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:07 am    Post subject: Confused on device macros, need help Reply with quote

Hi, I'm having a tough time understanding and changing the device macros. Here's my problem, I changed the CBL macro so when I press volume, it now controls the volume on my JBL audio system instead of the TV. However, I can't seem to figure out why other buttons such as "GUIDE" and "SETTINGS" no longer work under the CBL button even though I have M_CBL in the macro.

Also, after I press CBL, then press the "EXIT, "INFO" or "MENU" buttons, DVD device key lights up and not the CBL button ???

That's the main things I can't figure out right now. Would you please look at my IR file below and give me some guidance ?

Thanks,

Sam

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9737
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

M_CBL isn't in your macro, M_DVD is.
Sam

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
M_CBL isn't in your macro, M_DVD is.

Not sure what you're looking at but when I look in the macro tab then click on CBL (line 8) it shows M_CBL. Now I'm really confused Surprised
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are 2 RDFs with this sig (3A333A33). If you pick the first one, you see M_CBL in the macro, if you pic the second one, you see M_DVD in the macro.

The RDFs are called:
1) Atlas 5 Day URC-1055 JP1.3 3033 extender (3A333A33)
2) Atlas OCAP URC-1056 JP1.3 (Black)_(Silver) extender (3A333A33)

I don't know enough about this remote to say which is correct for you, but it sounds like you should be using the other one.
Sam

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Rob,
I've been using the bottom one, the Atlas OCAP URC-1056 JP1.3 (Black)_(Silver) extender (3A333A33) b/c my remote is a 1056B01.

Is that the one I should be using ?
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your remote is behaving as if it's using M_DVD, so whatever RDF reflects that is the right one. I have a couple of extender versions on my PC, but when I opened your file it used the RDF for version 2.10 of the 1056 extender (2.12 is the latest). Perhaps you have a different version in your RDF folder.

If you want to dig into this yourself, you can set the color highlighting for your cable macro in IR and look at the raw data. The 4th byte is the first key in your macro, M_DVD or $DE. If you open the RDF, you and count from the first byte of the X_ commands starting with $CB, you can verify that $DE is indeed M_DVD. M_CBL is $D0. You can simply change DE to D0 in the raw data and re-download and see if it works.

The bottom line is the extender version and RDF version must match to give you a true picture of how the remote is configured. Something is out of whack with yours. HERE's the RDF I'm using if you want to try it.
Sam

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay thanks for that info and posting your RDF. I managed to get it working. In "Special Protocols" I replaced AUD with VCR as the target device for the Pause function then, in the CBL device macro, I replaced O_TV with O_AUD.

Now everything seems to be working perfectly ! Even X10 control on the VCR device key. I can upload the new, working IR file if you want to take a look at it.

Now I'm going to try to add some macros on a couple of the device keys like I did for the upstairs TV. (thanks to the help I got here doing that one !!!)

I have v 2.10 in my RDF now but how do you tell what version you're working with ? In my IR, at the top, it says "Atlas OCAP PVR 3033 JP1.3 (Black)/Atlas OCAP (Silver) extender v0.02" and I haven't found the RDF version anywhere in IR. I assume that as long as the v2.10 is the only one in the RDF file that must be it (?)

Thanks again
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are versions on the extender code and versions on the RDF file and they must match.

The version for the extender is stored at $7FE in the raw data as two hex bytes. If you are using the latest versions of IR, it will also tell you the version without you having to look it up, that is also on the raw tab.

The version of the RDF is in the "title" of the remote when IR loads the RDF to parse the contents of the IR file. It's also stored in the RDF in an area that describes the "fixed data" and is identified at $1FE (due to a quirk in how IR and the RDF parses the addresses, this is the same as $7FE in IR) This fixed data is used to try to load the right RDF if you have two with the same signatures in your RDF directory.

Extender V 0.02 is VERY old and has a lot of bugs in it. (and if your IR title says V0.02 then IR did not load the RDF for 2.10 since the title is the old version. you may have put the 2.10 RDF in the wrong place) As Dave said, the current version is 2.12. changes from 2.10 weren't too bad, although I'd recommend if you are just starting out that you use the latest I'd go get it. The RDF should also be in the latest RDF distribution.

-bill
Sam

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, thanks for that. I do now have the V2.10 loaded and it's all working perfect.

However, I have another problem...

I was using my old 8811 remote to learn additional functions from my oem JBL remote and all was going good. I learned 4 buttons, did an upgrade and loaded it on the 1056. Then, I decided to learn all the other buttons from the JBL remote, I think this is where I messed up: I wanted to start all over learning the buttons so I did a 981 reset on the 8811.

Now all I see in IR under "Learned Signals" when I download from the 8811 remote is the "Raw Signal Information". No EFC or OBC info screen like I had been seeing. So I can't finish my upgrade without the OBC and EFC's.

Please advise what I need to do

EDIT: Looks like I wasn't getting good reads for some reason.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: