JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RMIR: Prototype IR function in RM
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 57, 58, 59  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolivas27 wrote:
Hi Graham I have another question for you when I am setting up a special function like this it's a ToadTog ...

If I go back in to edit it or view it the setting have all changed

I think I've fixed this. I'll post a new Alpha in the next day or two.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is RMIR v2.01 alpha 8. The features added to alpha 7 are
    1. Fixed the ToadTog issues discussed in the preceding posts.
    2. Resolve various issues concerning key moves of device upgrades that are assigned to more than one device button.
    3. Provide means to specify whether OBC or EFC/Hex is preserved when a protocol is changed or edited.
    4. Provide means in RM to set custom code for a standard protocol, as can already be done in RMIR.

When a device upgrade that includes key moves is assigned to more than one device button, it creates a corresponding key move for each of those device buttons. This has consequences both for the import of a .ir file with the same device upgrade on more than one device button and for the detaching of keymoves from a device upgrade in these circumstances. The import process can only attach a keymove to the device upgrade if that key move is present on all the device buttons concerned, and detaching a key move from one of the device buttons should detach it also from the other ones. These situations are now handled correctly in alpha 8 but were not in previous versions.

There is now a new item, "Primacy", on the Advanced menus of both RM and RMIR that provides a choice between two settings, "OBC" and "EFC/Hex". When "OBC" is selected, changing or editing a protocol will preserve the values of device parameters such as OBC. If "EFC/Hex" is selected then the hex command (and so also its EFC) is preserved.

The Advanced menu in RM also has a new item "Edit Protocol" that enables all protocols to be edited. When the protocol is a standard one that is in protocols.ini then this enables custom code to be set for that protocol, as is currently possible in the Devices panel of RMIR.

There have been few comments made on the growing list of new features that are appearing in these alpha versions. I do hope that those interested in RMIR are downloading these alphas and trying out the new features. I know that "no news is good news" so I have to take it that the absence of comments means that these features are being tested and have passed muster. If there are bugs, I can do nothing about them unless I am told about them, so please continue testing and report any problems. Positive comments are also very welcome Smile .
Thomas

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graham,

I was just in the process of documenting an IR file with keymove issues - import with RMIR, add/clone keymoves, save as file.RMIR and save as file.IR - after which RMIR_a6 could not open the .RMIR version.

IR.EXE, however, could open file.IR, and adding keymoves and saving produced a file that RMIR_a6 could open. Had me scratching my head.

The newer, better RMIR_a8 has apparently resolved that problem, and saved me from having to untangle my very convoluted documentation. :)

Slightly OT, I had not used the IR-import function until programming an RCRP05B for a friend - I was getting spurious outputs with un-programmed keys. Finally solved by starting over from scratch and clearing everything out of the remote, and my problems went away.

981 reset is your friend........
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas wrote:
981 reset is your friend........
Except when you are using an OEM remote, in which case the file you created with your original RAW DOWNLOAD is your true friend.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
Thomas

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, I stand corrected!
Tom
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas wrote:

Slightly OT, I had not used the IR-import function until programming an RCRP05B for a friend - I was getting spurious outputs with un-programmed keys. Finally solved by starting over from scratch and clearing everything out of the remote, and my problems went away.

Do you happen to have an IR or RMIR file that gave the spurious outputs? I've have done some work to improve the RDF file so that it isn't necessary to reset and download from the remote, and I'd like to see the problem you were having. Were you using the 1.31 release of RDFs or newer?

Symptoms
Thomas

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm afraid not, sorry. I was trying to solve the keymove issue, with RMIR failing to open my .rmir file, and had various versions of that file, and .IR files, and RMIR ver 2.x alpha.x all piled in one folder.

The final straw was when I deleted a keymove and noticed that an unprogrammed key was now sending a legit, but unwanted command. I restored the keymove, the problem went away, and at that point I deleted the mess, reset the remote and started over. Also found that I was using an obsolete version of the RCRP05B RDF - replaced with the 1.32 version.

I believe that the root cause was my casual handling of device upgrades. If ever encounter that problem again, I will provide you with the details.
Tom

[/edit: typo]
jsiddall

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
I have now posted RMIR v2.01 Alpha 3. It adds the following features:

(a) An "Advanced" menu with items for Clean Upper Memory, Initialize to $00, Initialize to $FF.

(b) A new item "Install Extender" on the File menu, which is an incorporation of ExtInstall into RMIR.

The items under (a) should work as in IR.exe. The two Initialize items have not been tested. I don't understand their purpose, but they have been asked for by Capn Trips. Perhaps someone who understands them can test them, please.

There are differences, which I hope are improvements, between the "Install Extender" of RMIR and the "Merge Using ExtInstall" of IR.exe:

The Java version of ExtInstall (updated to correspond with ExtInstall.exe v2.1) is included in RemoteMaster.jar, so there is no need to download an external file.

The RDF for the extender is looked for in the main RDF folder used by RMIR. It is located through the same mechanism as the RDF for an imported .ir file, so that it seeks a match on EEPROM size and Fixed Data as well as on signature. If more than one RDF meets all the matching criteria then a dialog is displayed.

No temporary files are needed in the merge process.

The install process does not itself save the result of the merge. Use File/Save As to save the result under any desired name.

These changes to the behavior of the command line version of ExtInstall are possibe since the inbuilt copy of ExtInstall.jar is used as a library rather than being executed directly.

If the RDF is unique then it is simply a matter of selecting "Install Extender" from the menu, choosing the extender .hex file in the dialog window that then opens, and pressing OK. That's it. The RMIR display changes to show the result of the merge.

So far it has only been tested with my own extender for the URC-7781, so it will not be surprising if there are undiscovered issues. Please try it and report any problems in this thread.

Just wanted to report success with 2.01 Alpha 8 on Linux with a parallel connected URC-8811. No issues found.

Extender installed without issue and my remote works perfectly.

This is such a huge improvement from the old days having to run all that windows/wine junk.

Thanks!
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have now posted RMIR v2.02 Alpha. This corrects three minor bugs in v2.01 and adds one feature. The bugs were that fixed data was not being used to resolve RDF ambiguities on download, that RMIR crashed on loading a .rmir file containing a device upgrade with missing protocol upgrade, and that raw download has not worked since the highlighting feature was added. The new feature is that the status bar now displays a message during uploads and downloads, to provide a visual indication that the operation is still in progress.
Vynce

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an IR file that won't open in RMIR. I've tried re-saving it in IR 8.03 and I've tried opening it in RMIR 2.01 and 2.02 alpha. RMIR doesn't give any errors; the file just doesn't open. Is there a debug log somewhere?

The IR file can be downloaded from here, if you want to play with it. It's designed for an old style URC-6131 with a 2K EEPROM.

Last edited by Vynce on Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vynce wrote:
I have an IR file that won't open in RMIR. I've tried re-saving it in IR 8.03 and I've tried opening it in RMIR 2.01 and 2.02 alpha. RMIR doesn't give any errors; the file just doesn't open. Is there a debug log somewhere?

I will look into this. There is a debug log, the file rmaster.err in the same folder as RemoteMaster.jar, but it is really obscure unless you know your way around the source code.
Vynce

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, thanks! It looks like it's throwing an exception while processing the keymoves:

Code:
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 3
   at com.hifiremote.jp1.Hex.get(Hex.java:164)
   at com.hifiremote.jp1.Hex.get(Hex.java:150)
   at com.hifiremote.jp1.KeyMoveEFC.getCmd(KeyMoveEFC.java:103)
   at com.hifiremote.jp1.RemoteConfiguration.convertKeyMoves(RemoteConfiguration.java:1190)
   at com.hifiremote.jp1.RemoteConfiguration.importIR(RemoteConfiguration.java:687)
   at com.hifiremote.jp1.RemoteConfiguration.<init>(RemoteConfiguration.java:57)
   at com.hifiremote.jp1.RemoteMaster.openFile(RemoteMaster.java:1696)
   at com.hifiremote.jp1.RemoteMaster.openFile(RemoteMaster.java:1589)
   at com.hifiremote.jp1.RemoteMaster$RMAction.actionPerformed(RemoteMaster.java:380)
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vynce,
Your file is http://www.mediafire.com/?pp97l68f136p090
not our Diagnosis section. Please post in the Diagnosis section here. See above File Section and navigate to Diagnosis, then upload and post a link. Thanks.
Vynce

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I didn't see that file section. I've uploaded my problem IR file there and corrected the link in my previous post.

Here's the new link as well:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9625
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't open that file either Sad using RMIR 2.01 with 2.02 alpha .jar file. Same or similar list of exceptions.
Thanks for relocating the file.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 57, 58, 59  Next
Page 40 of 59

Jump to: