JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Help with Macros

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oinge

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 6:24 pm    Post subject: Help with Macros Reply with quote

I have set up my 8810w using extender 3.1 with Macros, Keymoves, ToadTogs, and LSKP to emulate the design proposed by smithjo601 (Greg?) and recommended by Steve U. Features are SKP turns on and setsup device for that mode. LKP turns On device for that mode. SKP turns off all devices. LKP turns off current device.

One extra bit of info, my AMP macro is set up to just turn on the receiver in FM mode. Therefore if I use a SKP on the AMp button whiel watching DVD the amp switches to FM mode.

My questions are:

1: Using the above, if I switch from watching DVD to watching SAT. the above leaves on my DVD, by using SKP on SAT. Is there a better approach than turning off all device as the first step in switching viewung modes? Should I include commands in the SKP Device key macros to turn off all unneeded devices; whether they are on or not?

2: If I am viewing in a given mode, how do I make an AMP change to make a setting change, for example Surround Mode. (Volume keys are not a problem as these keys are setup for Inital VPT and no device overides this initail setting) I don't normally have to make change sto TV settings beyond initial setup, but same approach should work for TV as well.
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just my personal opinion but I find it better to just use LKP on my power button to turn all devices on and off with the long key press and individual devices with a short keypress. That way I don't have to worry about what is on and off at any given device change. I don't believe leaving an electronic device on is a problem and what I hear is that powering off and on actually causes more problems.

Any, then you just need to wory about that state of the devices on the device macros such as input mode, what controls volume etc.

And you last question, you can always keymove the function from say the TV to another (or the same) button in say the DVD mode to make the TV function available in DVD mode. As an example, I actually put a macro on my INPUT button so no matter what device I am in I can control the Home Theater input if I mess it up some how
Oinge

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although I haven't made the change yet, I have had the same thought as your suggestion for the power button macros.

I am now out of the fear of using an extender and starting to pursue the ultimate remote configuration.

This is one of the most helpful forums I have ever used. Thanks to everyone who makes it that way.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: