JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Comcast remote and marantz es7001 receiver

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Primetimer21

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:10 am    Post subject: Comcast remote and marantz es7001 receiver Reply with quote

Please help! I am trying to use my comcast remote with my marantz es7001 receiver. Comcast remote is silver with red ok button. I've read many of the forums. I've used the setup codes 30189 & 21781. I've used all the piggyback codes. I am sure that I am following all steps correctly. The 30189 & 21781 codes do go through the red light does blink twice on my remote. Then when I do the 994 piggybacking still nothing happens. I am extremely frustrated and really just want to have my comcast control the volume of the marantz so I don't have to use 2 remotes. Please help!

1. Device: marantz es7001
2: type of device: receiver
3: year: 2008
4: jp1/uei remote model: comcast custom DVR 3 device
5: do you have a jp1cable: no
6: still have original remote: yes
7: checked the file section: yes
8: checked pronto file section:yes
9: partially working setup code: no
10: learning remote question: no
Primetimer21

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:35 am    Post subject: Repost Reply with quote

I reposted this in the correct format
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Start off by reading this thread

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
Primetimer21

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vicky, thanks for the response. I did read that before and went through all steps and examples. None of it worked. The 30189 & 21781 codes seem to take (lights blink twice). But buttons still do not work. I'm very frustrated because I am doing all steps correctly but it is not working. Any thoughts?
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well good you now know the steps.

I really thought this one of the Marantz receivers we normally get asked about, but when I querried this in Google I see this is a Sound bar.

The Sound Bar code

I found a thread over at RC that suggests these codes use device 11.
Volume + RC5
Device=11
Function=16

For rc5x,
(POWER ON).
Device=11.12
Function=1

Based on that information set your device to
TV [1]0855
or
Video [2]1781

Try these EFC's
vol up 43641
vol down 43645
mute 43533

Hope that Helps

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I think 43529 should toggle Power.
Primetimer21

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:46 am    Post subject: Comcast and marantz soundbar Reply with quote

Vicky, I am so sorry I called it a receiver. It is a sound bar. I just did what you said and it works! Thank you soooo much! I feel like an idiot but glad it works. This is a great website.
Primetimer21

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:00 am    Post subject: Comcast and marantz soundbar Reply with quote

The etc 43529 doesn't work for the power. Is there another one to try for power on/off?
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Volume and Power buttons lined up with the Marantz Reciever only the device number was changed so thats how I came up with Vol Down and Mute.

I don't know where Dave found the OBC to try for the power toggle. I only found the Discrete PowerOn code that used an RC5x signal. As far as I know there is no way to send an RC5X device 11 code without a cable.

My internet connection is S L Oooo Wwwwww . . . so I wasn't able to do more searching at RemoteCentral to see if there is more than the volume and power on.

3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Marantz spreadsheet for receivers says System (device) 16, command 12 will toggle power. The Comcast remote can send any function which does not show an entry in the Extension column.

54529 is the EFC for device 11, command 12. Of course, there is no assurance that the sound bar uses all the same commands. For example, their Power Amp line has no Power Toggle function.

Why not email Marantz and ask for the IR codes for the sound bar? They seem to be willing to share.
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Comcast remote and marantz es7001 receiver Reply with quote

Primetimer21 wrote:
1. Device: marantz es7001
4: jp1/uei remote model: comcast custom DVR 3 device
5: do you have a jp1cable: no

In case you ever do get a cable, I found a match and recorded the IR signals with the JP1 tools to create the respective files.

Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: