JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Extender DKP/LKP

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheGMan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:38 am    Post subject: Extender DKP/LKP Reply with quote

I am using unclemiltie's new extender for the Insignia remote. I have successfully converted ny Atlas based extender setup to this new remote and extender. Thanks for the great work unclemiltie!

I have started exploring using DKP/LKP and I am having some problems, but they are likely due to the fact that I have never used these functions in previous extenders as ooposed to problems with the extender and thus why I am posting in a new thread as opposed to unclemiltie's extender thread.

DKP/LKP appear to be device and key specific. I guess my question is if I setup particular device/key LKP and attempt to execute that device/key in a macro ... should it pass the macro key press duration into the commands being executed in the macro so that they take different actions on executed DKP/LKP defined device/keys based upon the duration of the original keypress?

The reason I ask is because it appears to always be executing the "Long Press" actions in the LKP definition regardless of the LKP Duration setting or how long the original macro key is pressed.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Greg
R2-M0

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using unclemiltie's RCRP05B extender rather than the Insignia one. But since the latter was derived from the former, one would assume that they should both behave similarly.

That said, I do indeed have instances where I've defined an LKP on a particular device/button, then created a global macro that switches to that device and triggers that button as the last steps of the macro. And in my case, the duration of the macro key press is carried over to the execution of that final LKP.

So for instance, I have an LKP on dev6/Phantom3 where a short press shuts off the current device (Dev_Cancel, XShift-Power) and a long press shuts off all devices. I then have a macro on the Power button that executes Dev_dev6,Phantom3. And short/long presses of Power perform exactly as expected.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg, I've got some documentation here
http://getzweb.net/jp1/howto/vicky/fldensetup.htm

that might help you get a handle on how to use an LKP.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My LKPs don't work as expected on the Insignia either (the same ones work perfectly on the RCA). I'm still trying to narrow it down for unclemiltie, but if you could post your file with a specific example for him to test, that would be very helpful.
TheGMan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the LKP to work if the macro calls the defined LKP device/key as the last step in the macro. Not sure if that is as intended.

If you still want me to post my file, just let me know and I'd be happy to do so.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really. Go ahead and post if you don't mind.
TheGMan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posted RMIR file here
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGMan wrote:
I got the LKP to work if the macro calls the defined LKP device/key as the last step in the macro. Not sure if that is as intended.
It is as intended. Call to the LKP placed inside a macro is a short press. So it must always be the last command.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: