JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

TYLER'S STORE FOR IRTOMMY WIDGETS + GADGETS - old post
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bob_m

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:53 am    Post subject: Initial Order Request Sent Reply with quote

Initial Order Request Sent via email and pm 04/06/2010.

Products look and work great (once I install the right stuff Razz ).

Fast shipping, high quality parts Smile
rubb

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ordered "USB JP1.2/3 (Flash) Interface". On the day I paid items were shipped. After only one week I received ordered item - that's how long it took to get from USA to Latvia. All was well packed and working as intended to on my Windows 7 32 bit. Tommy was also very helpful to answer some of my stupid questions...

Thank you, Tommy! Smile

P.S. Don't think that I'm troll who just tries to promote Tommy's business. Just so far I did not had any question about my remote which was not already answered there on forum, or to which I was not able to find answer with assistance of my good aunt Google. Laughing
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Google has served many of us well too! Smile
billmunson

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:47 pm    Post subject: Windows 7? Reply with quote

Will the cable and adpter work in 64 bit Windows 7>
Tommy Tyler
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes.
pgmurphy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My apologies for coming into the forum for this question. I have been trying to reach Mr. Tyler for a few days through email and more recently IM, hopefully following his published guidelines. I am looking to purchase both the USB JP1.2/3 (Flash) Interface and the USB IR Widget, but am yet to hear anything from him.

Thanks to the information and tools posted on this board, I have had great success building and using a homebrew JP-1 interface for my old RS 15-2116 remote. Now I am trying to make a build / buy decision for the newer interface on my Cox branded 7820. Looking through the forums and the marketplace, I am swayed by the consensus that his solutions are the best out there.

Can someone confirm Mr. Tyler is still out there and doing business? I don't mind waiting patiently for him if he is out skiing or hiking somewhere. Cool

Thanks to all for the consideration.
Tommy Tyler
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alas, there is no such thing as a reliable mail system. On March 17 at 2:19PM you sent a PM telling me your e-mails were being rejected because of "spam content". The Forum failed to notify me of that PM. Then on March 19 at 6:58AM you sent another PM giving me all the info needed to process your order. The Forum again failed to notify me of that PM. This morning at 8:29AM the Forum notified me of your post. After reading it, the first thing I did was send a test e-mail to the store address, and it was delivered immediately. The second thing I did was check my messages at the Forum (which I NEVER do routinely) and found your two PMs.

If I am mistaken that members are supposed to be notified when they receive PM messages, would someone set me straight. If that's the way it works I'll have to find another backup system to deal with the case where someone is trying to place an order and ordinary e-mail doesn't get through.

So I'm very sorry you had all this trouble, and I'm as frustrated as you are. You should receive a confirmation of your order within the hour.

Tommy
pgmurphy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Technology is the playground for Murphy's Law. (As a fellow Murphy, I speak from a position of authority.) It fascinates me how easily Mr. Murphy can defeat even the best layered set of defenses. I am glad I was able to finally circumvent him and reach you.

Thanks for the confirmation and you will have your PayPal remittance shortly.

n.b. Between you and me, I was hoping you were out enjoying your local outdoors and away from all these fool computing machines. That is a much better circumstance than dealing with this kind of grok. Smile
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tommy Tyler wrote:
If I am mistaken that members are supposed to be notified when they receive PM messages, would someone set me straight.

That depends on your personal settings. Go to the "Profile" link at the top of this page, the on the bottom half of the page look for the following items:

1. Always notify me of replies:
2. Notify on new Private Message:

Set the first one to YES if you want to be notified when someone replies to one of your posts in the forum. Set the second one to YES if you want to be notified when a new PM arrives.

I get notified for new PMs so I can confirm that it works. Of course, your email address needs to work too.

Tommy, I just checked your settings and you are set to receive notifications at your MSN email address, which we know is working, so if you're not receiving email notifications it most likely means that MSN thinks that the emails are spam (as they are automated mail), so if you have a spam folder, I would look there. If you have the option to say that the emails are not spam, give it a try. I just sent you a fresh PM so you can look for the notification email.
pgmurphy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Add me to the list of the Tommy Tyler devotees.

I have received both the JP1.2/3 adapter and the IR Widget, and put both to the test. The bottom line is that these devices live up to their excellent reputation. The quality of construction is definitely professional grade, with a solid and well-built feel. I am running Windows 7 and had zero problems installing, configuring, and using both devices. Both RM and IRScope ran flawlessly with them.

As you read the thread above, you will see I had some trouble reaching Mr. Tyler. Once I did successfully make contact, everything moved quickly and well. I found Mr. Tyler to be a little quirky to work with, but definitely worth it. His customer service ethic, while definitely on his terms, is impressive.

All in all, it was a very positive experience and I will not hesitate to do it again.
Jobius

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tommy is the best. A long time ago, I followed his directions and built a "Simple" JP1 interface for the parallel port, and it worked nicely. I lost track of the cable in a move, and don't have a parallel port on my main computer now anyways. Time to upgrade.

Last week I ordered the JP1.x cable, the JP1/EEPROM adapter, and an IR Widget to play around with. The first email got lost somehow, and Tommy's first trip to the post office to ship was interrupted when he slid off his driveway in heavy snow (he even sent a picture of the wreck).

But the cables arrived today, and they work flawlessly. I was able to get my new Apple TV 2 working with my trusty 15-2116, Extender 2, loads of device macros, etc.

Thanks, Tommy!
Daniel_Eble

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tommy, I've been using your cable for a couple weeks now, and I love it.
JLPicard

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Tommy, just wanted to point out that it appears that your PayPal EMail address as notified to send payment is different than the one listed here on the first page.
just4fn

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:09 am    Post subject: jp1.2/1.3 cable and adapter Reply with quote

Tommy Tyler

I would like to purchase the jp1.2/1.3 USB cable and the jp1 adapter. My e-mail is: just4fn (at) comcast (dot) net,

shipping address is:

Doug Spangler
15105 SE 139th PL
Renton, Wa 98059.

Thank you, Doug
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:35 am    Post subject: Re: jp1.2/1.3 cable and adapter Reply with quote

just4fn wrote:
Tommy Tyler
I would like to purchase the jp1.2/1.3 USB cable and the jp1 adapter.

Doug, just checking if you saw this information in the original post.

Tommy Tyler wrote:
STEP 1: Send an e-mail to tommy(at)hifi-remote(dot)com listing the item(s) you are interested in purchasing, and including your e-mail address and postal mailing address exactly as it should appear on the shipping package. This is not yet an order, and there is no commitment until you make a payment. Please don't ask me to select the type of interface you need. Check HERE for information and specifications on your remote, or post an inquiry.

Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Market Place All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: