JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

BBK:DK1910SI & Octagon:SF-1008 on URC9960B01 [solved]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JimDunn wrote:
I've never caused a serious problem doing this, and I've done it lots of times - but there are "horror" stories out there about codes which can break some devices...

I've entered service menus on my Samsung, and was fortunate enough to avoid evil K mode in a Sharp, only because I'd read about it. So yes there is a risk.

I was going to disagree with your procedure of trying EFC's 0 to 255, because I've found that with most equipment it is usually easier and quicker to fire up RemoteMaster or KeymapMaster and enter OBC's 0 to 255 and then test the calculated EFC's in OBC order. Unfortunately BBK equipment doesn't have any rhyme or reason for their OBC's. I've looked at the OBC's for your upgrade and for the BBK video codes in the lookup tool and the OBC's seem to be random.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
jimdunn

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
I've entered service menus on my Samsung, and was fortunate enough to avoid evil K mode in a Sharp, only because I'd read about it. So yes there is a risk.
Oh yes, I've found several service menus this way - I've just always been lucky, and removing power has got me out of anywhere I didn't want to be.

I've never been Evil K'd (...heard of Special K - but I don't "do" cereals...Surprised), and since it sounds distinctly like something I wouldn't enjoy -
I shall evermore beware of Code Searches on Sharps... Twisted Evil

But, yes, as I've tried to warn, and you rightly reinforce, there is a risk, and denis needs to be aware of it and accept it before going ahead with this...

vickyg2003 wrote:
I was going to disagree with your procedure of trying EFC's 0 to 255, because I've found that with most equipment its usually easier to fire up RemoteMaster or KeymapMaster and enter OBC's 0 to 255 and then test the EFC's in OBC order, but this BBK equipment doesn't have any rhyme or reason for their OBC's. I've looked at the OBC's for the BBK video codes in the lookup tool and they seem to be random.
Nevertheless - it's a better plan than mine on most occasions, and well worth mentioning - more likely to hit low OBCs by far, considering those are "real" numbers and EFCs are only a UEI JP1 invention.

On the relatively few occasions I've done this, I've gone with EFC order, simply because I find it easier to go:
Code:
SETUP 0 0 0 0 1
check
SETUP 0 0 0 0 2
check
etc...
than I imagine I would find it to have to keep looking at a list to see which EFC to send next.
Since it's a pretty mindless task to do, I guess I just end up doing it in a pretty mindless way, doubtless could be an extra 10-20 minutes to do, but easier for my simple brain to automate. Smile

On the other hand, thinking about it, glancing at a list can't be that hard - I'll try it your way next time - it's almost certainly quicker in terms of "number of tests".
(so long as you accept the risk we have described)...
denis_naum

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I have killed half of day and have made the table of codes for DK1910SI.
jimdunn

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

denis_naum wrote:
So I have killed half of day and have made the table of codes for DK1910SI.

Brave and diligent - well done...

Not only will this be useful to you, it will also be useful to future users of this device who find this, or the file we make, through a search -
I will thank you now, on their behalf, just in case they might forget Twisted Evil

It should be really simple, now, to build you a working wav upgrade, once we see that table... Smile

Please either click this link to upload it: Upload to Diagnosis Area (if you have an xls or text file or similar) - and post a reply here, linking to the uploaded file...

Or just post it here, in a reply, between
Code:
[code]...[/code]
tags Smile

Seriously, it doesn't matter how you post it - we can clean it up if necessary - although it's always nice if the columns align... Twisted Evil

I'll have a look at it tomorrow, if nobody has done so earlier (bedtime here...)
denis_naum

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim, it is a configuration of buttons convenient for me. Help to make please wav a file.

Code:
VOL+ 00187
VOL- 00043
MUTE 00235
CH+ 00037
CH- 00251
RAND (SLEEP) 00152
OK (DVD) 00119
AUDIO 00102
SUB TITLE (USB) 00180
REPLAY (EJECT) 00118
POWER 00213
PLAY/PAUSE 00246
Rew 00153
Fwd 00245
Stop 00250
Menu 00215
Up 00056
Down 00181
Left 00116
Right 00117
Skipback 00229
Skipfwd 00244
Exit 00185
Info (SETUP) 00231
Guide (BROWSE) 00154

And it is the original table of all codes from 00000 to 00255, can to somebody it is required.
DK1910SI.ZIP
and: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9530

Last edited by denis_naum on Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:04 am; edited 1 time in total
jimdunn

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

denis_naum wrote:
Jim, it is a configuration of buttons convenient for me. Help to make please wav a file.
And it is the original table of all codes from 00000 to 00255, can to somebody it is required.
DK1910SI.ZIP

Thanks denis.

I'll make an rmdu from the full set of functions for other users, once I get a chance to look at your "zip" file - thanks for that - it is considerate of you.

I'll also make a wav for you, according to your personal preferences above.

I can't do that tonight because it's too late here, sorry, but if nobody has done it in the meantime I'll try to get there before this time tomorrow...

Thanks for sticking with this.

Jim

jimdunn

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

denis:
I had a little time before I turned in, so I made this wav file, for you:
Uses DVD/2013.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9529

I think that has the functions you asked for above, but it is really late here, and I may have rushed it, so if it doesn't work, please just post back.

I was keen to get you something to test today, as you had put so much effort in yourself, so I rushed a "file" through...

Hopefully not rushed so much I "broke" it...
denis_naum

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I have loaded a WAV-file and have checked up all buttons. Some problems have come to light:

1. In a WAV-file there is no code for button AUDIO (00102)
2. Button POWER (00213) works incorrectly (switches off HC, but doesn't switches on it), it is necessary to use a code 00165 (I have checked up works correctly).
3. INFO it is necessary to establish a code 00151.
If still I will find out discrepancies I will write a post.

P.S.: and the small request from me. Jim if it is not difficult, add codes for button INPUT - 00169 and also SKIP - 00168.

P.S. # 2: Jim, many thanks for the done work, without you anything wouldn't turn out.
jimdunn

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

denis_naum wrote:
2. Button POWER (00213) works incorrectly (switches off HC, but doesn't switches on it), it is necessary to use a code 00165 (I have checked up works correctly).
That means '00213' is Discrete Off - are you sure '00165' is power toggle (ie turns power both OFF and ON) ? There's almost certainly a Discrete On command somewhere, too.

denis_naum wrote:

3. INFO it is necessary to establish a code 00151.
P.S.: and the small request from me. Jim if it is not difficult, add codes for button INPUT - 00169 and also SKIP - 00168.
I could make a new wave file, but I could only include one of those new functions on a "sensible" key.

Now that you have all your EFCs, you can actually make little changes like this yourself: you can manually put those codes on any button you like.
That's called "key moves", and the procedure is here:- Manually create EFC keymoves for URC9960
More detail is also here: Wiki:Assign Advanced Code 994 - EFC
(but note from the first link, your URC9960 may require the extra "press OTHER" step.)

In your case, I think these would be the steps:
Code:
1. press the device button (DVD)
2. press and hold SETUP for two blinks
3. press OTHER
4. enter 9-9-4
5. press device
6. press SETUP do not hold
7. enter advanced code (0 0 x x x)
8. press the key you want to use to send that code
I hope that's correct - I don't have a URC9960 to check with...

The wave upgrade has saved memory for 25 keys (uses a lot less than 25 keymoves would do) - but for the 2 or 3 "tweaks" you now need, it's possibly easiest just to do them yourself with key moves, so that you can get everything "just where you want it".

You can use keymoves on most buttons (except device buttons) - so you can use them either to change the code a button sends, or to add a code to a button which does not currently send anything.

edit - deleted some incorrect info

Last edited by jimdunn on Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:38 am; edited 2 times in total
denis_naum

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimdunn wrote:

That means '00213' is Discrete On - are you sure '00165' is power toggle (ie turns power both OFF and ON) ?

Yes, I checked.
jimdunn wrote:

I could make a new wave file, but I could only include one of those new functions on a "sensible" key.

Jim, include code 00151 for button INFO please.
jimdunn wrote:

In your case, I think these would be the steps:
Code:
1. press the device button (DVD)
2. press and hold SETUP for two blinks
3. press OTHER
4. enter 9-9-4
5. press device
6. press SETUP do not hold
7. enter advanced code (0 0 x x x)
8. press the key you want to use to send that code
I hope that's correct - I don't have a URC9960 to check with...

I will try the given method.
denis_naum

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim, if to you not difficult, upload rmdu-file according to my personal preferences.
jimdunn

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

denis_naum wrote:
Jim, if to you not difficult, upload rmdu-file according to my personal preferences.

I made the alterations I think you wanted.

I put a zip file at http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9529

The zip file contains:
    1. revised rmdu file
    2. ir file with upgrade loaded
    3. new wav file - as per this new rmdu

The new .wav file still uses DVD/2013.

denis_naum

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At last all has earned correctly. Thanks guys for the done work. Especially many thanks to you Jim, without you anything wouldn't turn out. The topic can be closed.

P.S.: at me in plans acquisition TV LG 42LD550. I will begin a new theme on creation of updating for it. All good luck, and once again many thanks.
jimdunn

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

denis_naum wrote:
At last all has earned correctly. Thanks guys for the done work. Especially many thanks to you Jim, without you anything wouldn't turn out. The topic can be closed.

P.S.: at me in plans acquisition TV LG 42LD550. I will begin a new theme on creation of updating for it. All good luck, and once again many thanks.

I'm glad it works Smile

For your new LG TV you could start by trying this .rmdu file:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=8099

I think most of the newer flat panel LG sets use a protocol and set of codes similar to this - but if you get no results from that, just start a new topic and let us know.

Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: