JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What new extender feature would you like?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

an executor that continuously sent a single key and then scanned the keypad to see if a key was pressed to "stop" would be a better way to do what you're thinking than trying to put all of that into the code that executes every macro.
R2-M0

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

unclemiltie wrote:
option (b) adding the key to the end would at least produce consistent results. (although not necessarily desirable since a temp-device cancellation may not have taken place)

Yeah, having now seen a JP1.3 extender in action (and the Dev_* keys in particular), I think (b) would have to be amended to:

"interrupt the pause and stuff a Dev_Cancel and the key that caused the interruption at the end of any currently playing macro"

However, in the time since I originally requested a "one key type-ahead", I've upgraded one of my components and thus dramatically reduced the need for it. So I'm living with option (c) -- and non-interruptible pauses -- right now without any real difficulty.

Still, if enough other people would be interested in (b), I wouldn't say no to it either.
xnappo
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

R2-M0 wrote:

However, in the time since I originally requested a "one key type-ahead", I've upgraded one of my components and thus dramatically reduced the need for it. So I'm living with option (c) -- and non-interruptible pauses -- right now without any real difficulty.

As have I. Curious what you were using it for? I was using it for a cable box that didn't have a 30-second skip, so I had a macro 'ffwd-ffwd-ffwd-<delay>-play' that was timed to skip commercial breaks, but sometimes if the break was shorter than normal I would want to be able to hit 'play' to break out of it.

xnappo
R2-M0

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xnappo wrote:
Curious what you were using it for?

I define all my system setup macros so that, after sending the appropriate DiscreteOns, they then send the input selects for the TV and Receiver. They then pause before sending the input selects a second time.

That way, if the equipment is already turned on, all the inputs are correctly set right away. But if the equipment was off, the pause gives time for the slower components (namely my TV) to power up to the point where they're ready to acknowledge the input set commands. The interruptible pause kept me from having to wait that whole time if everything was already turned on.

Previously, I'd been using my TV to stream MP3 and videos from my home network. And that was the only time I had to really wait for the TV to power up before sending it the "enter streaming mode" signal. The rest of the time, it's just always tuned to the one input that's fed by my receiver.

But for Christmas, I got a swanky new Oppo BDP-93 disc player, which has now become my streaming device of choice. So today, I only have to pause about 2 secs for the receiver -- instead of the 13 seconds required for the TV. And that's too short to bother interrupting.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: