JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Remote code for CanalSatellite Cube needed

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kenjdnb

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:04 pm    Post subject: Remote code for CanalSatellite Cube needed Reply with quote

Hi,

I am looking for the "CanalSatellite CUBE" remote code. It's a digital set top box for the Canal satellite provider.

The device is listed in the logitech hamony database but I did not find the bin on JP1. My slingbox is a non-HD, "PL" chip.

I would really appreciate some help on that.

Thanks
jimdunn

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this, and let us know if it works, please:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9508
kenjdnb

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, I will hopefully get a chance to try it soon (slingbox is a few thousand miles away...)
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can install that remotely, you don't need to be at the Slingbox location. I regularly test out Custom Remotes from the UK on my SLingbox in the USA.
kenjdnb

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I just tried it and I think it works great! The only feature missing is the "TV" button on the slingplayer remote, but I don't think I will ever need it.

Thank you so much for helping so fast! I really really appreciate it. You guys rock!
jimdunn

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenjdnb wrote:
So I just tried it and I think it works great! The only feature missing is the "TV" button on the slingplayer remote, but I don't think I will ever need it.

I think I put the TV/Video function from the Harmony download on the TV/VCR button in the Sling layout.

Of course, I changed remotes in RemoteMaster to generate the BIN files - so maybe I accidentally "dropped" that mapping in "your" BIN.

There were 33 functions in the download, and I'm pretty sure I mapped them all to keys - they are certainly all in the rmdu.
If any function isn't in the rmdu, on the functions tab, then it wasn't in the Harmony database, and you would need to find it by trying EFCs...

You could examine the rmdu, and regenerate the BIN with a new keymap if it's not mapped as you need it...
Wiki:Creating your own Binary files using RemoteMaster

Last edited by jimdunn on Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim: Don't want to tread on your toes but there really is no reason to produce 4 BIN files. The PK chip never saw the light of day and we have never managed to get the JU one to work, and there are probably only a very few of them left in the world anyway Smile

And feel free to add a copy of my instructions into any Remote you produce. Could save you a lot of grief Smile

Cheers

Al
jimdunn

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alanrichey wrote:
Jim: Don't want to tread on your toes but there really is no reason to produce 4 BIN files. The PK chip never saw the light of day and we have never managed to get the JU one to work, and there are probably only a very few of them left in the world anyway Smile

And feel free to add a copy of my instructions into any Remote you produce. Could save you a lot of grief Smile

Cheers

Al

Thanks Alan.

I had wondered if all 4 BINS were necessary, but I wasn't sure, so I stuck with:
Quote:
If you aren‟t sure which Slingbox Chip you have then create a BIN file for each of the 4 different chips, so that would give you something like
C2010_JU.BIN C2010_PK.BIN C2010_PL.BIN C2010_RV.BIN

from http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=6413

That's also in the Wiki Page I made from that pdf, so maybe we should change it ?

Jim
kenjdnb

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I extracted all the files just to be sure. Again, it works great. The missing TV button I was talking about is only missing on the slingbox app remote layout, which I'm using the default one. I understand that the source contains the code and that I can modify the remote layout using remote master(?). But I won't bother since I'm pretty sure I don't need to control the TV...
jimdunn

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenjdnb wrote:
I extracted all the files just to be sure. Again, it works great. The missing TV button I was talking about is only missing on the slingbox app remote layout, which I'm using the default one. I understand that the source contains the code and that I can modify the remote layout using remote master(?). But I won't bother since I'm pretty sure I don't need to control the TV...

Thank you for letting us know it works. Smile

The discussion about BIN files didn't mean you needed to extract anything again to test - sorry if it confused you - Alan was just saying we don't need to provide all 4 BINs in the zip we have on the site here, because pretty much no-one will have PK or JU chips.

If "I don't need to control the TV" means that you were thinking you could use this BIN to control your TV, then I don't think you could do that anyway, even if this gadget had a button to do that on the OEM remote. You'd need a different custom (or non custom) remote to do that on your Slingbox, I think, since the protocol would be different.

Unless I'm very confused, "controlling the TV" would be an unusual thing to do with a Sling anyway, wouldn't it? - since the whole point seems to be being able to watch through a remote device (PC or otherwise) other than the "local" TV... Confused

Apologies if I'm missing the obvious - I don't use a Slingbox myself, and I'm sure there might be scenarios I haven't considered where you might want to do that...
kenjdnb

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are absolutely right, there is no point in controlling the tv. I was just being confused by the "TV" button on the appliance remote. Sorry for my non-sense and thanks again for your considerable help. Smile
jimdunn

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenjdnb wrote:
Sorry for my non-sense

Well, I don't think it was really nonsense, it made me think at least, and even if it was nonsense, that makes a refreshing change - it's usually me who is fluent in that language Twisted Evil

I'm very glad it's all working for you - enjoy... Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: