JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Memory Full

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bart2brett

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:32 am    Post subject: Memory Full Reply with quote

I have a URC-9910 with a memory issue. I was using the learn method and the memory filled up. Before starting, I used the "IR Delete" function on all the stuff I didn't need any more so I thought that would free up space. This isn't the best method, is it? I just need to replace one DVD player with another.
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After deleting learned signals in IR, did you remember to upload the file back to the remote so that you can learn the new DVD codes?
bart2brett

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No I did the delete right from the remote
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What you did in your original post should have worked. It's unclear whether you have a JP1 cable or not, but if you do, it's much easier to use the IR or RMIR program to download from your remote, make any modifications there (like deleting a bunch of learned signals) and then uploading back to your remote. That's what vicky was referring to.

If you have a cable, download your remote into IR or RMIR and examine what's going on with your learning memory. If you cannot figure it out, upload the IR/RMIR file to the diagnosis area and provide a link to it here and someone will have a look.

If you do NOT have a cable, there's little that we can recommend from here besides make sure that you are following the "Delete Learned Signals" procedure precisely and correctly. If you still cannot free up any learning memory, then perhaps you need to do a Reset. This would clear ALL of your learned signals and keymoves and macros, so you would have to re-do all of the ones you wanted to keep. If THAT does not work, then you could try a MFR Reset. Be aware that this will clear not only all of your keymoves, macros and learned signals, but will also clear any device upgrades that you may have loaded.

Again, having a JP1 cable to allow you to save your configuration would be the best way to start this process.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
bart2brett

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I do have a cable, and I've downloaded all the latest software. I'm just not very good at it. I've also downloaded the help files posted here. I had it figured out about 5 years ago, but I'm having a harder time now (must be getting too old). Thanks for your help.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand. If you post your IR file HERE, we can fix it for you (add the Magnavox upgrade in your other thread and possibly free your IR memory by replacing it with an upgrade).
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just FYI, we've copied all of our help files into the JP1 wiki (link at the top of the page), so check it out if you still need help, and if you find that the wiki pages don't help, let us know how we could improve them.

And as it's a wiki, you're also free to improve them yourself.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As previously suggested:
Capn Trips wrote:

If you have a cable, download your remote into IR or RMIR and examine what's going on with your learning memory. If you cannot figure it out, upload the IR/RMIR file to the diagnosis area and provide a link to it here and someone will have a look.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: