JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Create wave file from IRtoWav (URC9960)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alfredyf

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 7:06 am    Post subject: Create wave file from IRtoWav (URC9960) Reply with quote

Hi,

I wanna to run in command to create the wave file.

With the readme provided:

The command :

IR2W IRFile (Signature) (Start address End address)

The signatures for modem upgradable remotes are :
RS-2133 (6 in 1 Kameleon) : RSFF
URC-5550 and URC-8550 (Topline 5 and 8) : ET80
URC-7552, URC-7560, URC-7562 : EBV0
URC-8060 (6 in 1 Kameleon) : KAME
URC-8910 and URC-9910 : CPT0

Can anyone tell me which signature I should use for URC-9960?

Thanks a lot.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The need for the signature in the command line of IRTOWAV was based on an earlier design that some previous program would cut the file to the right size (so you wouldn't need the two addresses, but would need the signature). We didn't end up using it that way (I think it's even broken for use that way). IRTOWAV actually knows the signature since you provide a full eeprom file. If you use the word none in places of the signature it uses the correct signature it finds in the eeprom image.

The signature is the first four characters of the non extender version of the RDF (even if you intend to use an extender).

For 9960 it is NAK0
Alfredyf

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Johnsfine,

I have created the wave file by irtowave but the file size is quite large (~2MB).

Last year, you help you to create a wave file with code #1064/1066.
The file size is so small. Any difference with the file created by irtowave? How did you do that?

http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/mboard/rc-one4all/thread.cgi?3381

Thanks a lot.
aberguerand
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By default, IRToWav will create a wave file containing the whole contents of the EEPROM (eg 2 kbytes).
It can also generate a partial image, ie containing just one or a few upgrades, amounting to a few dozens of bytes. To do that, you must know the starting and ending addresses of the upgrades in the EEPROM and pass them as command line parameters to IRToWav.
If I interpret the RDF correctly, the starting address of the upgrade area for the unextended 9960 is $0100. Assuming that your configuration contains no other upgrades besides the ones you want to convert to a wave file, and that the total size of your upgrades is 70 bytes, you should issue the following command :

IR2W MyConfig.txt none 0100 0146

0146 = strating address ($0100) + length (70 decimal = $46 hexadecimal).

If you are not sure of the upgrades' total size, you can use a larger value for the ending address to be on the safe side.

Note also, if you have to web or email them, that these wave files compress very well as .zip files.

Alain
Alfredyf

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Aberguerand,

Thanks for your help. Does the region you indicated is the whole area where the upgrade code located?

I mean even the wave file contains more than 1 upgrade code, the region (0100 - 0146) is still the same?

Thanks a lot.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alfredyf wrote:
Thanks for your help. Does the region you indicated is the whole area where the upgrade code located?

I mean even the wave file contains more than 1 upgrade code, the region (0100 - 0146) is still the same?

No. The region he indicated was computed to be large enough for one specific upgrade (I didn't notice where he found the size of your upgrade).

I suggested earlier that you do a "clean upper memory" operation in IR.EXE and then look in the raw data tab of IR at the area slightly past where the RDF says the upgrade area begins. The end point of all installed upgrades should be visible in the data.
aberguerand
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alfredyf wrote:

No, I just took a size of 70 as an example. John explained well how you can compute the actual size of the upgrade you want the wave file for.

Alain
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: