JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Samsung DCB i560G

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:28 pm    Post subject: Samsung DCB i560G Reply with quote

Looks like a good learn but is coming up with <unknown> in IRScope

ICT file for all buttons is at:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9227

Be grateful for any help.

Al
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, interesting protocol. I took a peek, but its above my skill level.

Rob, several of the signals went missing from ict file, so I fixed that, exported the UEI learns, ran it through your converter spreadsheet and
produced an IR file.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9228

Sorry I can't be of more help.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a tricky protocol indeed, the main problem being that I don't know which differences are due to learning inconsistencies and which are there on purpose.

Alan, if you're willing, could you produce another set of learns where you learn each button 3 times. You don't need to do all of the buttons, just learning the numeric buttons should give me a large enough sample to work with.

This protocol does look vaguely familiar though.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done. I tried to each key with a normal press, a long press and a short press, don't know if that helps.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9231

BTW, I saw one flash of Nokia 12 Device 8 but it never reappeared

Al
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob,
I had a free moment to look at the original timings from Alan's first set, and I find that IRScope is mangling the timings when it sends them out as UEI codes. I just took a look at the original raw timings and they are beautiful in comparison to the timings we are getting once they are analyzed and passed as UEI Learns to IR.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was looking at a few of the frames with different bump counts, and I'm just baffled.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The numbers look interesting too.

I am really looking forward to seeing if Rob or anyone else can crack this code!

The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one has me beat. There are so many inconsistencies in the signal that's it's just impossible to know what's what, plus the signals vary in length. I'm gonna have to ask UEI if they've done this one already.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While searching for additional info on this box, I found the Slingbox thread where the user asked for help. The user posted their myRemote.lrz file but said that only some of the buttons worked.

This is actually good news to me.

Alan, what do you do with myRemote.lrz files to see the learned signals? I'd like to see the learns that the user was able to capture.

Then, I'd like to see a detailed report (from that user) as to which buttons work, which ones don't, and which ones act funny. Then I can compare those results to the captured signals to look for clues as to what the device accepts and what it doesn't.

It sounds like this is a hard signal to capture, so I suspect that some of the learns that you captured from your Harmony wouldn't work either if they were captured by a remote.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Alan, what do you do with myRemote.lrz files to see the learned signals? I'd like to see the learns that the user was able to capture.

Alan, since this process seems to be evolving, I'd like to know what the current process is too.

The Robman wrote:
It sounds like this is a hard signal to capture, so I suspect that some of the learns that you captured from your Harmony wouldn't work either if they were captured by a remote.

Rob, do you think its a combination of the high frequency (50000) with the very short duration that is the problem? Or do you think that its how many steps we are from the actual OEM remote, that's the problem? If I understand correctly, the harmony database is made from user collected learns. This must add a little bit of variation. Then we are shooting it at the widget, and this adds a little bit of timing variation, and then the signal is analyzed for UEI storage, and this adds a little bit of variation.......................

The one thing I noticed when comparing the first frame of all the signals, is that the fifth bump on all the signals in the whole set, align perfectly, no matter what the on and off times preceding were.

The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just posted a text file containing the raw times for both sets of signals, taken direct from the ICT files without first exporting them to UEI format.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9233

I have deleted the half-signals that are sometimes at the end of a learn.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have received an upgrade from UEI which matches our learned data, though it also exposes a lot of mistakes in the learns rendering them virtually useless.

Here's the upgrade:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9319

Signal format:
1 = +110 -0
0 = +0 -110

6 bytes: 4 fixed, 2 variable

the 4th fixed byte is AND'd with 0xFD before any repeats.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have created the Slingbox files also:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9323
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: