JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Denon "Return" code
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheGMan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:50 pm    Post subject: Denon "Return" code Reply with quote

Successfully using the Denon Combo (00 47) Protocol for most functions, just can't find the code for the "Return" button which is key for navigating the OCD.

1. Device: Denon AVR-1611
2. Type of device: AV Receiver
3. Year: 2010
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: Atlas OCAP URC-1056 (with extender)
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? Yes JP 1.3
6. Still have original remote? Yes
7. Checked the file section? Yes ... Found in Denon 3808CI Denon-K Extensions (KM), but it uses a custom protocol and I can't figure out how to convert.
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? Yes
9. Partially working setup code? Yes everything but "Return"
10. Learning remote question? Yes
11. Have you tried the JP1 Lookup Tool? Yes

Any help would be appreciated.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:29 am    Post subject: Re: Denon "Return" code Reply with quote

TheGMan wrote:

9. Partially working setup code? Yes everything but "Return"

Are you using a built in setup code? If so which setup code

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's using the KM file that he linked to.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Consider using this upgrade.
Note the function labeled "Channel Select / Enter" with device 2, OBC 224. I checked this against the Denon documentation for the 1611, and that is the correct info.

If you get the pdf, you can convert into device and OBC using the method in post #8 of this thread.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When looking for this, I chose the Denon AVR-1911 because the model number looked like a good choice for an AVR-1611. It had two functions that looked promising especially since it uses the Denon Combo that the G-Man said he was using successfully

On Screen Display = Device 2 OBC 223
OSD Enter = Device 2, OBC 224

Of course then I got back here and see I was looking for an OCD Return, instead of an OSD Enter, so I didn't think I was right, but now Dave came up with the same thing so maybe we've found it.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I confused Enter and Return. Enter is OBC 224, but Return is in a different format.

We can see from the above pdf that Return is sent using the Kaseikyo format rather than the Sharp format. I don't have time to look at this now, but we need to take that into account. Specifically, Return will need to be sent using the Denon-K rather than Denon-Sharp format. A quick look (and therefore probably wrong) suggest the OBC is 34 with a device of 4.1.

ETA:
In RM, use Denon-K with Device 4. On the Functions tab, put 1 in the Z column, and 34 in OBC. You'll see the computed hex column is 7F BF. That is the same hex as shown in the Denon 3808CI Denon-K Extensions file that you linked above.

You can convert other functions from the Manual Settings to Denon-K by copying the Hex column values, but with Device = 4.

Another approach is to use the function numbers from the Denon-K extensions file (33 for Return), and use Panasonic Combo with device 64, subdevice 1 (or whatever the Zone is). Be sure to enter 84 into OEM Dev1 and 50 into OEM Dev 2.
TheGMan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw the pdf while online searching, but had no idea how to read and interpt. I would love to learn that, but need to get something functional for the family first.

I did start my upgrade with the file vickig2003 mentioned. With a few tweaks things worked pretty well ... except the "Return".

Following 3FG advice I did the following...

- On the RM Setup tab ... Changed the Protocol to "Denon-K". Entered "4" in Protocol Parameter/Device
- On the RM Functions tab for the "Return" function ... Placed a "1" in the Z column, and "34" in OBC column. The hex column did indeed match the hex from the Denon 3808CI Denon-K Extensions file.
- Saved, updated device in RM IR, uploaded to remote.

The "Return" button did indeed work Smile ... however none of the other buttons worked (not much of a surprise). I tried several different to get other functions to work, but I have been unsuccessful. So I guess my question now is ...

How can I convert Denon Combo protocol, Device 2, 4, and 12 functions to work in Denon-K protocol

oh ... and thanks a bunch for the help ... it is very much appreciated!
TheGMan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry ... re-read 3FG's first post on how to convert the pdf codes ... I'm working that route and it is working for the Kaseikyo codes, but not for the Sharp codes.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're able to create a 2nd upgrade that works the RETURN button but not the regular buttons, you could use a keymove with that upgrade to program the button that you want to be RETURN and then use the other upgrade (or setup code) for everything else.
Barf
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably the ultimate solution would be to create a device upgrade using Denon-K codes exclusively. I am not 100% sure that there are commands that have no Denon-K version, but (for the AVR4311) the document describing the codes has 6 pages on Denon/Sharp codes and 26 pages on Denon-K(!!)
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know whether the Denon-K section of the 1611 actually has all the functions, but it certainly doesn't have all of the names of functions that exist in the Denon/Sharp section. A text search shows that.

The Denon/Sharp executor only needs one byte of information per function, while the Denon-K needs two. I suspect that for most users the mix of functions will favor using an upgrade based on Denon/Sharp, with a few keymoves to support functions only available in Denon-K.
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Denon "Return" code Reply with quote

TheGMan wrote:

Found a match and recorded the IR signals with the JP1 tools to create the respective files.

blackjackel

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Denon "Return" code Reply with quote

eferz wrote:
TheGMan wrote:

Found a match and recorded the IR signals with the JP1 tools to create the respective files.

I just pulled up the file to program my remote, and it's not working, not sure why...

Why is it in two pieces? Do I load each piece individually into ir.exe? When i do so it shows two seperate device files... and when i run either the buttons don't work on the remote...
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Denon "Return" code Reply with quote

blackjackel wrote:

I just pulled up the file to program my remote, and it's not working, not sure why...

Why is it in two pieces?

There are 2 RDMU files because this Denon takes 2 different kind of signals, Denon, and Denon-K. So you assign the code with the most signals to the device key, and then use the smaller upgrade, in keymove form so that both kinds of signals can be generated.

Last edited by vickyg2003 on Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
blackjackel

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Denon "Return" code Reply with quote

eferz wrote:
TheGMan wrote:

Why is it in two pieces? Do I load each piece individually into ir.exe? When i do so it shows two seperate device files... and when i run either the buttons don't work on the remote...
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: