JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Help me start Atlas OCAP 1056 sig 3a33 extender 2.10
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:30 pm    Post subject: Help me start Atlas OCAP 1056 sig 3a33 extender 2.10 Reply with quote

Turkey time over. Time to get something useful done here Smile

I'm so confused and no idea where to restart what I started earlier.
Long ago I downloaded the base remote, added extender 2.10 to it and it sat in a box.
But things aren't right as I add an upgrade.

List of phantom buttons in KM doesn't match RDF.
When I uploaded a upgrade with phantom1 and shift phantom1, phantom 1 went into the key list in devices as DiscreteON, and what was on shift-phantom1 went into keymoves as phantom1. That's not correct.
In the list of keys in devices in IR is a "key241".
Signature in IR doesn't match KM. KM says 3033, IR says 3a33.
When I enable extender after upload using TV/OK, it doesn't blink 4 times.
I don't even know the extender is running or not.

RDF currently used is in the 1.31 distribution. File date is 6/10/2010.
There was one in 1.30 distribution, file date 5/23/2010.
RDF in the extender 2.10 is 6/25/2009. I have a strange feeling this is the one to use after all.
Can sombody get me started, please.
I'm scared to death of this remote, but would like to use it.
greenough1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Elizabeth,
UncleMiltie will be the best one to help. I run the 1056 OCAP 3033 remotes, but it's been awhile since I set them up. I'm running v 2.03 of the extender and that used v1.28 of the rdf's, so I'm a bit out of date with the current releases.

If the remote doesn't blick 4 times after activating, then the extender isn't running.

Scrambled keys indicates mismatch somewhere. Probably the extender rdf is out of sync with the base distribution and you're picking up something wrong there.

Sorry not to be much help, but I'm glad these remotes are getting some renewed interest.
Best,
jeff
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Jeff.
I'll take a break from it and return as time permits. Something isn't write and I just have to make sure the trouble isn't caused here.

One question. When I uploaded the IR file after deactivating, then the extender gave me four blinks. But subsequent edits-uploads do not do 4 blinks. Do you think that's normal? Or once activated, it's activated forever till you do the Deactivate procedure?

In the older remotes, when in doubt, just holding a device button is a good test of extender running because the red LED stays on. It's quick blink if you didn't yet activate. Not clear to me how these extenders work.
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Atlas (and all of my JP1.3 extenders) are "always activated" extenders, different from the JP1 and JP1.2 extenders.. This means that you activate once and even with a new upload and/or removing the batteries the extender is still "active" Deactivate is an "active" operation, in that you must do something to deactivate the extender.

I wasn't aware that KM supported these extenders, RM surely does and I use the 3033/3A33 configuration at home with RM so I'm pretty certain it does work.

Make sure that everything matches up. There were some keys that moved around between Atlas extender versions so you have to make sure that the extender code has the same version as the RDF. IR should do this for you even if you have multiple versions of the RDF in your RDF directory.

In addition, IR (latest versions) will show the extender version on the Raw data tab. If you are using an older version of IR you can find the version in the RAW data at $7FE/$7FF. The current version is $02 $0A (i.e. 2.10)
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, one more thing

On 2.10 of the Extender, there is an option in IR to have a long-press of setup either toggle the backlight setting or to deactivate the extender. This option is only relevant when the extender is active.

So, you can do a long press of setup to see if the extender is active. You will get one of three results:

The long-press of setup will blink the LED twice. The extender was not and is still not active since you just entered setup. press setup again and it will exit

The long-press of setup will blink the LED 4 times. The extender was active and it was set to deactivate on long-press of setup. The extender is no longer active and the remote is back to "normal"

The long-press of setup doesn't blink the LED at all. You've just toggled the backlight setting, and the extender is still active.
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill, I'm so glad you came back from too busy life!
Your LKP on Setup did like you described, and I read about it in your readme, but wasn't sure if was using correctly. Still ...

Starting from ground zero for dummies.
In the 2.10 distribution are 3 RDFs.
3A003A00 (Atlas 5 Day URC-1055_11055 JP1.3 3000 extender v2.10).rdf
3A333A33 (Atlas 5 Day URC-1055_11055 JP1.3 3033 extender V2.10).rdf
3A333A33 (Atlas OCAP URC-1056 JP1.3 (Black)_(Silver) extender V2.10).rdf

Disabled extender (I think, I hope)
I blinked back the signature of what I have.
Sig is 3033.
Time Warner, black, 1056B01 on the back
If this is true, we have no RDF for this remote. But maybe the 2nd file above.

Downloaded from the remote to IR.
IR says sig is 3a33.

On the last IR file I used, 7FFE is 02 0A which should be ok.

Up to this point I first used the official RDF distribution. Gave up. Reverted to what's packed with the extender, where I selected the 3rd file above.
Considering the DiscreteON/Phantom confusion I think something is bad.

So which of the last 2 RDFs should I use so that the buttons aren't mangled?

When I tried RM, the few buttons that went into IR also got mangled. Same way as when KM used.

When I say that the buttons are mangled, I mean what I said in the first post
Quote:
List of phantom buttons in KM doesn't match RDF.
When I uploaded a upgrade with phantom1 and shift phantom1, phantom 1 went into the key list in devices as DiscreteON, and what was on shift-phantom1 went into keymoves as phantom1. That's not correct.
In the list of keys in devices in IR is a "key241".

You have 10 phantoms in the RDF. KM shades all but the few.

KM is not in the extender business except for 6131. Doesn't bother me. The only missing feature is Xshifts. I do those in IR anyway. Still what KM shows for sig differs from IR and now I see differs from my blink-out.
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElizabethD wrote:
Bill, I'm so glad you came back from too busy life!
Your LKP on Setup did like you described, and I read about it in your readme, but wasn't sure if was using correctly. Still ...

thanks for the warm welcome!

ElizabethD wrote:

Starting from ground zero for dummies.
In the 2.10 distribution are 3 RDFs.
3A003A00 (Atlas 5 Day URC-1055_11055 JP1.3 3000 extender v2.10).rdf
3A333A33 (Atlas 5 Day URC-1055_11055 JP1.3 3033 extender V2.10).rdf
3A333A33 (Atlas OCAP URC-1056 JP1.3 (Black)_(Silver) extender V2.10).rdf

Disabled extender (I think, I hope)
I blinked back the signature of what I have.
Sig is 3033.
Time Warner, black, 1056B01 on the back
If this is true, we have no RDF for this remote. But maybe the 2nd file above.

The signatures of the JP1.3 remotes (so far) all start with 3x (x=0,1), all of my extenders with the exception of the 15-100 have the second character a letter (most of them are A, but the 15-13x has one of 6 characters depending on remote and extender type. I am going to have to fix the 15-100) So the Atlas OCAP that you have is unextended 3033, extended 3A33

ElizabethD wrote:

Downloaded from the remote to IR.
IR says sig is 3a33.

On the last IR file I used, 7FFE is 02 0A which should be ok.

that means that you have uploaded an IR file with the extender in it (signature) and that it's the right version ($7FE is right)

ElizabethD wrote:

Up to this point I first used the official RDF distribution. Gave up. Reverted to what's packed with the extender, where I selected the 3rd file above.
Considering the DiscreteON/Phantom confusion I think something is bad.

So which of the last 2 RDFs should I use so that the buttons aren't mangled?

I know the one packaged with the extender is right on the buttons. But someone has pointed out to me in the past that there is another issue in that RDF that escapes me at this point. I'm going to have to go back and re-read my email on the topic and may be fix the one that is in the extender package.

If you have more than one with the V2.10 iR may use the wrong one, so delete everything except the V2.10 that came with the extender.

Finally, I'm going to have to go back and look at just what gets blinked out when you blink the sig. The signature is stored in two places, one in the ROM and one in the E2. We can change the one in the E2 via an upload with an extended IR file. The one in the ROM is permanent.

In any case, IR will tell you what you have. But having the signature in the IR file does NOT mean that the extender is active.
friendlyfire

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I am in a very similar situation and am struggling!
I am working on reproducing a working 8091 configuration in an Atlas remote which I believe is the 1056 (black). This is because the 8091 has too many small buttons and the 1056 just seems more ergonomic. Also, I have three of them kicking around, so I may as well get to know them.

I took the base remote, downloaded the config, and added my TV and AMP as devices. Then I saved this config, downloaded the extender 2.05 package, and ran EXTInstall with parameters something like
extinstall 3A33ext-notes.hex old.ir new.ir -sig=$0600
?? The readme talks about two command line entries, I assume i just one of them. Is it true? Did I run the right one? ??

I loaded this config into the remote with IR and at one point I am pretty sure I managed to activate it (TV, then OK, and the CBL button blinked 4 times)

Not sure how I got here but now the remote doesn't do anything at all. No device responds, no lights blink. I've done something to screw it up.

The sig in the device is now 3a333a33

Other notes: RMIR complains when I try to make a new file based on the RDF for the extended remote. It gives a long list of java errors, starting with a complaint about exceeding the eprom size.

I'm suspecting the remote is corrupted with a flawed extender install. What should I do to clear things up?

Also, I am a bit worried that this remote handles five devices and my system has these:
- amp
- tv
- cable box
- sage TV (PC)
- DVD
- remote control lights

The last one is just a few codes. Can the unit (extended) handle a sixth device?

I've since discovered that there is a version 2.10 of the extender so I will likely start over using that.
Thanks for your help!
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For starters, in the \rdf directory, throw away all the RDFs for an extender other than 2.10. You need to see 2.10 in the rdf filename.
8091? 8910 by any chance?

If 8910 - FAV codes will do the RMIR exceeding the eeprom size.
Current extinstal (v2) will choke on FAV macros, so delete any FAV code you have. Easy enough to rebuild later.

Also in RMIR the remote selection is ore complete than in KM, be careful picking the extended and 2.10 someplace in the remote name.

You don't have do to extinstal via the command line. Inside IR, set the extinstall directory, and then use the Merge by extinstall, pick the 2.10 hex file, edit the setup codes for TV and AMP and you should be good to go.
5 devices is it. No 6. No 8, no 10 by the extender.

What is "-remote control lights" - some setup controlling lights in the room? Perhaps you could bundle it into your CBL or TV upgrade as keymoves on shift-keys or some unused keys.

Finally, as I struggle with Atlas, it appears that once you got those 4 blinks efter activating the extender, that's the last time you'll see 4 blinks. I gather you can just keep changing whatever code you give it forever. Just make sure to assign the Deactivate to a pressable button in case you'll need to deactivate. That said, I'm failing to deactivate Sad just can't get the hang of it yet.
xnappo
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

friendlyfire wrote:

I've since discovered that there is a version 2.10 of the extender so I will likely start over using that.
Thanks for your help!

A couple of things:

1. Make sure you are using the latest RM-IR and I would try 2.10 for the extender.
2. This remote HATES IT when you have a setup code selected that does not exist. When you install the extender, it wipes out the setup codes. Make sure that all the setup codes you have selected exist.

If you have the latest RM-IR and the latest 2.10 RDF(from the main RDF repository, not the extender zip) - it should highlight codes in red that do not exist.

Note though... The Atlas RDFs are a bit of a mess - I am not 100% confident in the zip file containing the right one. This is on my list to do now that I have finished up the RM-IR 'How Easy is it' Wiki.

xnappo
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note: Extender 2.11 for the Atlas remotes is "imminent" and Chris and I have been coordinating on a release with the RDF for this version in his distribution and NOT in the Atlas extender release. This fixes a bug in FAV processing.

You may want to wait a couple of days before you install the extender in order to get the most recent. If you can't wait send me a PM with your email and I'll mail you an early copy. Liz has it and has been testing it for a couple of weeks now and it seems good.
friendlyfire

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks all. It will take me a while to digest all the replies, but I can respond to the question about my light control This is a Lutron dimmer switch with IR control, just a few codes. I'm not sure about combining it with other devices.... don't they all have to have the same setup code or something?
And yes, I meant 8910, oops
friendlyfire

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
when I run merge using extinstall from IR 8.03 I get an error message "extinstall returned error code 1". I cannot find an explanation/translation for that code on the forum.

Also, I assume I should run it with the "3A33ext notes.hex" and not the "3A00ext.notes.hex"?

Thanks for the offer for a new version. Right now I am just trying to work out the basic process of talking to the Atlas so I will be okay with 2.10
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The file I used for 2.10 is "3A33ext-notes.hex"
You told IR where extinstal is, right?
Using extinstall v2, date modified is Oct 2007? Same as in the extender .zip file? Copied over to where IR.exe is? that might help you
Do you have the 2.10 extender RDF copied from the extender .zip file in the directory where you keep all the RDF files and which IR normally knows about? And removed extender v1 RDF there?

Lights. Thanks. Yes. You can bundle it using keymoves. So, if, for instance, your receiver is not using the transport buttons, you could code Play equals someLightsDevice setup code + the hex code for the function. I have a upgrade for a DVD player in Atlas which uses a setup code 1558. When I want to activate an amp for a subwoover, loaded in under setup 0997 - but NOT assigned to any device button, I use keymoves in the DVD mode:
Code:
65   DVD   XSHIFT-0   <N/A>   CD/Audio   0997   $47 $F8   00248   sw Sherwood off
66   DVD   XSHIFT-1   <N/A>   CD/Audio   0997   $2F $3B   00059   sw Sherwood on
just few of those do the job. Can do the same for 3-4 airconditioner functions and other 'external' devices. Hope this helps explain what I meant by bundling. Rob is a master at this. Read some of his posts.

Back to your 1st post - 8910 translation - extinstal the latest which Bill just posted can handle a file with FAV. Previous, v2, cannot.
friendlyfire

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi gang,
just checking in to report that my config with this remote is nearly 100% functional. Thanks for the help!

I am curious about something however. The original config as supplied by my cable co has a LIST button which brings up the list of recordings. When I loaded that config into IR that button is shown "not mapped". I finally had to learn that key onto a spare 1055 and then add it to my config explicitly in order to retain that function on my custom version.

why did it not show up in IR?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: