JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

PLV-Z2 upgrade from UEI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jwkxneud

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 2:15 pm    Post subject: PLV-Z2 upgrade from UEI Reply with quote

Has anyone else tried a phone upgrade for a PLV-Z2? They gave me setup code TV 0735. The projector doesn't respond to it.

I have an HT Pro Plus (9811), which confused the phone reps to no end. I called twice. Both times they looked for information for about four minutes and then said "I think it works like a 8910". So I had some concern that the upgrade wouldn't work correctly with the 9811.

I also got an upgrade for a dvd player, which worked fine.

I've picked up a JP1 cable, so as soon as I figure out how to use it I'll try to inspect this upgrade from UEI and compare it to the learned codes.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We know very little about the TV/0735 code, except that it uses the NEC1 protocol with a device code of 48, so once you get your JP1 cable hooked up, could you post the code.

In IR.exe, go to the Device tab, select the TV/0735 upgrade code and click EDIT, then cut & paste the code into this thread.

When posting questions about a device, it helps if you post the brand name in addition to the model number. I'm guessing this is a Sanyo projector, even though you don't mention the brand.

I found two upgrade files for Sanyo projectors in the file section, one for a PLV-Z1, which uses NEC1, device 48.206, and one for a PLV-Z2, which uses NEC1 device 51.0
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 5:04 pm    Post subject: Re: PLV-Z2 upgrade from UEI Reply with quote

jwkxneud wrote:
I have an HT Pro Plus (9811), which confused the phone reps to no end. I called twice. Both times they looked for information for about four minutes and then said "I think it works like a 8910". So I had some concern that the upgrade wouldn't work correctly with the 9811.

I'd say that concern is justified. While the HT Pro Plus might be similar to the 8910, I'm sure internally they're at least slightly different. For starters, I doubt they share the same "signature" in EEPROM, which would preclude using a phone upgrade for one model on another. I'm certain that a phone upgrade needs to have the proper signature or the remote will reject it.

Also, since the HT Pro is marketed by UEI and the 8910 by OFA, I wonder if they share the same customer service group for upgrades. If you called a number that was listed in the HT's manual, then based on what they told you, they might in fact be used for both brands. If that's the case, I'm surprised they couldn't provide the proper upgrade.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The HTPro and the URC-8910/9910 remotes are exactly the same remotes, just labelled differently.
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just modified the PLV-Z2 file and added discrete power on and off commands recently identified in the discrete command forum at RC.

EFC 221=On and 225=Off
jwkxneud

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
We know very little about the TV/0735 code, except that it uses the NEC1 protocol with a device code of 48, so once you get your JP1 cable hooked up, could you post the code.

In IR.exe, go to the Device tab, select the TV/0735 upgrade code and click EDIT, then cut & paste the code into this thread.

5A 00 5C F9 00 F3 00 6F AF 2F FF C7 5F CE 4E 87
47 BF

Hm. Very short. Is this a typical size? Or did I miss something?

My other upgrade was a bit longer, though not much.
jwkxneud

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 2:23 am    Post subject: no luck with the Z2 file on yahoo Reply with quote

Well.... my first plunge into jp1, and all the tools appear to work well. However, my projector still doesn't respond to the remote.

I'm begining to suspect that the remote codes changed with a firmware upgrade, or some such thing.

I don't have excel, so I imported the file into RemoteMaster. This didn't work the first time because RM doesn't correctly parse quoted data in CSV format. I removed the offending quotes and commas, and then the file loaded ok. I was able to modify the key bindings for my remote, paste it into IR (which did display the protocol correctly), and upload it to the remote.

The remote has the new setup code, but the Z2 doesn't respond.

I had three learned buttons from the Z2 that were visible in the download. Can the protocol and device id be read from them? Here is one of them:

+9002 -4498 +550 -1700 +550 -1700 +550 -574 +550 -574 +550 -1700 +550 -1700 +550 -574 +550 -574 +550 -574 +550 -574 +550 -574 +550 -574 +550 -574 +550 -574 +550 -574 +550 -574 +550 -1700 +550 -1700 +550 -574 +550 -574 +550 -574 +550 -574 +550 -574 +550 -1700 +550 -574 +550 -574 +550 -1700 +550 -1700 +550 -1700 +550 -1700 +550 -1700 +550 -574 +550 -45020 +9002 -2266 +550 -96716
jwkxneud

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oops.... I see IR already provides that information...
jwkxneud

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 2:47 am    Post subject: got it! Reply with quote

I had the pj in "code 2" mode... after resetting it all is well.

Very cool. I am impressed with the JP1 software.

Looks like the upgrade from UEI has the wrong device code, at least.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 6:36 am    Post subject: Re: got it! Reply with quote

jwkxneud wrote:
I had the pj in "code 2" mode... after resetting it all is well.

Looks like the upgrade from UEI has the wrong device code, at least.

Please post a little more info (or if you build an upgrade, post that in the Yahoo JP1 files area). We're always curious after a thread like this, what the answer was, plus someone will probably need the same device later.

Do I understand you correctly that the pj supports two different code sets and can be switched between them? Can the OEM remote also be switched between two different code sets? What are the device and subdevice numbers for the two code sets?

The upgrade from UEI has the "wrong device code"? For the code set you were using? Or for both of them?
jwkxneud

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the projector and remote can be switched between two IR modes, called code 1 and code 2. I changed the setting to code 2 when I couldn't get the UEI upgrade to work with code 1. It didn't work with code 2 either.

The file in the archive is for code 1, and it worked perfectly after I restored the projector to code 1 mode.

The UEI upgrade had the right protocol, but not the right device code. I don't know if the button codes were right.

When I have a moment I'll download some learned code 2 keys and see what the difference is.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jwkxneud wrote:
When I have a moment I'll download some learned code 2 keys and see what the difference is.

Please remember to do this, this is not a common device, so right now, you're our only source for this information.
jwkxneud

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"code 1" mode is sub-device 0. "code 2" mode is sub-device 17. Both are device 51, and the EFCs were the same for the four buttons I tried.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks jwkxneud
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just compared the EFCs used in the three different KM files for Sanyo projectors, and even though the device codes are different, the EFCs are all the same, so I have compiled a master list of EFCs which can be found here: Sanyo_Projectors.txt

If you have a Sanyo projector, take a look in case there are some additional functions not supported by your original remote that you can use.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: