JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Need help - Comcast Remote - PC Control
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You had it right the first time, and you are pressing the buttons correctly. It's normal for nothing to light up when in dev3 mode. The latest RM doesn't use the term "Target Key", so I'm not sure what version you are using. In any case the macro step is dev3, and the bound key or target key is shift-Aux.
Plomaris

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need to correct myself. I've been using IR to do the macro, not Remote Master. I'll try it the way I had it first again.
Plomaris

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No luck. When I hit Setup-AUX, nothing lights up, which may be correct. Pressing any button on the remote does nothing, and nothing lights up. Perhaps the wrong upgrade is being used for the remote, or I screwed up when I applied the upgrade.

I'm using the same "No Name" remote IR receiver that mdavej purchased, along with the "no name USB Remote for windows (combo)" RM file. The remote that came with the IR receiver works fine. Unfortunately, I don't have a learning remote.

Any way to install a PC program to read the codes sent by the "no name" remote?
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go ahead a upload your files as vicky suggested so we can quit playing 20 questions. My next guess is you didn't load the protocol.

Last edited by mdavej on Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Plomaris

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I uploaded the IR file. See a few posts back for the link.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post your modified RM file too.

You can verify a signal is being sent by looking at the IR LED with a digital camera.

Vicky, is this protocol the right one for his processor?
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plomaris wrote:
I uploaded the IR file. See a few posts back for the link.

Oh sorry, didn't see the post.

Looking at your IR file, I see that you have your macro set up backwards.

Your TARGET key Should be Shift-AUX and the macro keys is dev3.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:

Vicky, is this protocol the right one for his processor?

Dave, I popped the IR file open, and changed the macro around so that it worked and its sending some kind of GAP signals. I don't remember what the original noname looks like, but this is probably the correct protocol, it has the right jump addresses for the processor.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He fixed the macro after the fact. I think I found the real problem though (protocol ID conflict). Try THIS file, Polmaris.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
He fixed the macro after the fact. I think I found the real problem though (protocol ID conflict). Try THIS file, Polmaris.

Oh I hadn't seen the correction. This upgrade shoots the same info that the 1fe did. The PID is not the problem. Especially when he writes this

Quote:
Pressing any button on the remote does nothing, and nothing lights up. Perhaps the wrong upgrade is being used for the remote, or I screwed up when I applied the upgrade.

Plomaris

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave/Vicky:

Thanks to both of you for all your help. I really appreciate it. Some of what you say is over my head! I'm at work now, but when I get home, I'll try the new file.

I'll let you know how it goes. Got my fingers crossed....

Tom
Plomaris

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the RM file I have been using.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9057
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I understand what you're trying to do correctly, you are trying to do two separate things, the first being to determine if the upgrade that you are using is the right one for your device and the second being trying to activate the 4th hidden device mode.

I would strongly recommend separating the two tasks. First, you should test the upgrade, without worrying about the hidden device mode. To do this, assign it to the main CABLE button and then test it. If the upgrade doesn't work, there's not much point in getting the dev3 mode to work, not until you find a working upgrade.

Once you have confirmed that the upgrade works, then you can try to get the dev3 mode to work. As has been discussed, you have been programming the macro backwards.
Plomaris

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob:

Will do. Also, I have since corrected the macro. I'll try assigning the upgrade to the cable button tonight and see what happens.

I'm hoping the upgrade is correct, based on the remote I purchased and the upgrade used by others for this remote, as shown in posts early in this topic.
Plomaris

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, I tried to load the upgrade onto the cable button on my URC1067Bx3 and that didn't work.

So, I got the Radio Shack 15-133 remote and learned all of the PC remote's buttons onto the DVD device button. Then I ran IR and downloaded the data from the remote. I see that Device Button DVD is Type CBL/SAT, Code 2049. I also see that the Learned Signals tab is now populated.

My questions are: How do I get the upgrade into Remote Master so I can assign the buttons for my URC1067Bx3? Then, how do I then load it back into IR and upload it back to my remote as dev3, with all the other devices working properly as well?

Here's the link to the IR file:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9058

Thanks again for everyone's help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: