JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Toadtogs 6131_ext1

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnParks

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 5:46 pm    Post subject: Toadtogs 6131_ext1 Reply with quote

I need some help with the documentation in this extender.

1. I am assuming that VCR/1800 Protocol 181 is an upgrade of TV/1800 protocol 180. If this be the case why include the latter or is there something I'm missing here.

2. The author mentions that there are "eight independant toggles" to use but only examines two or three of them. What about the others?

3. Suggestions are made about adding eight to the first, second, or both nibbles of the first hex # without explaining what is going on in memory before/after the operation or why I would do that. If I am making a discrete on/off function from from a toggle funtion and the discretes are in phantom1&2 what happens when they are called.

If there are other doc's, I would appreciate a pointer in the right direction.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Toadtogs 6131_ext1 Reply with quote

JohnParks wrote:

1. I am assuming that VCR/1800 Protocol 181 is an upgrade of TV/1800 protocol 180. If this be the case why include the latter or is there something I'm missing here.

It is not.
The similarity of numbering is just intended to make obvious which upgrades were associated with the extender vs. those that you might add yourself from KM or RM.
Extenders generally install several upgrades (I don't know why you're mentioning just two). At least one is necessary for activating the extender. Others might be required for the extender, but more likely support optional features (ToadTog, DSM, etc.) that could be removed to save upgrade space if you aren't using them.

JohnParks wrote:

2. The author mentions that there are "eight independant toggles" to use but only examines two or three of them. What about the others?

There is a basic pattern to how they work, so that someone who understands the two or three examples will understand the several different ways of using each of the eight toggles.

JohnParks wrote:

3. Suggestions are made about adding eight to the first, second, or both nibbles of the first hex # without explaining what is going on in memory before/after the operation or why I would do that. If I am making a discrete on/off function from from a toggle funtion and the discretes are in phantom1&2 what happens when they are called.

If there are other doc's, I would appreciate a pointer in the right direction.

Somewhere there is an Excel spreadsheet that helps in constructing ToadTogs and DSMs, because even those of us who do understand those examples find the process of assembling the hex values a little tedious.
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is ExtenderCodeCalc.zip and is in the jp1/files/Extenders section. Use the link to the files section under my name.

Very helpful tool
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In addition to what John said, it appears that the file you linked to is for the stand-alone ToadTog special protocol. That protocol is not required if the extender includes it (which I believe the 6131_ext1 does).
JohnParks

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was the only .doc that said anything about toadtoging and it was boundled in the same zip file. All the ir files that I have investigated using this extender all use the VRC/1800. I'll give the file that Nils mentioned and maybe I will be able to ask an intelligent question.

Thanks for everyones help.
JohnParks

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I look at ExtenderCodeCalc, but without knowing which of the eight tog choices to choose... I'm lost.
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnParks wrote:
I look at ExtenderCodeCalc, but without knowing which of the eight tog choices to choose... I'm lost.
If you mean 0 thru 7 then choose any one. There is no difference between them it just gives you 8 options to set up 8 different TT's for 8 different functions.. Just start with 0. Then if you need to set up another than use 1 etc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: