JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

OFA 8910 + ReplayTV 4500

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jswright61

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 12:57 pm    Post subject: OFA 8910 + ReplayTV 4500 Reply with quote

I have a OFA 8910. I have created a new device for my ReplayTV ( ReplayTV Advanced) using a JP1 cable and the keymaster spreadsheet (v 7.53).
Everything is working fine except that the up and down arrows do not work all the time - they never seem to work on the menu screen or when a pop up menu is displayed (such as after a recorded show is finished playing and a menu pops up to ask whether or not to delete the shows). The work on channel guide and replay guide, but on replay guide, after I go all the way up to change which replay unit I'm looking at, I have to use jump to get down (down will not work). I even tried learning the up and down from the replay remote and I experience the same symptoms.
The original remote (replaytv) does not have these problems.

The protocol is 145
up is efc 162
down is efc 146

any and all help appreciated
madsage

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See if you can find some help in this post

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jp1/message/26017

I dont have ReplayTV, but i had a few issues related to signal duration on my Displayer. The arrows seemed to work fine on the guide, but didn’t in other area's. The problem was the remote wasn't sending out the signal long enough for the device to act on it, But it worked in the guide because i often held the key down to move around in the guide, which caused a auto-repeat..

Try holding down the keys when you are on that popup menu and see what happens. If by holding the key down, you get a reaction.. it is definitely a duration issue, and you can handle this a couple of ways.
jswright61

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 3:15 pm    Post subject: What am I missing? Reply with quote

I could not find reference to my problem in the linked message.

I have kept the buttons pressed for a long time and still no movement.

Any other thoughts?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just for the sake of completion, could you try the built-in VCR/0614 and VCR/0616 codes to see how well the arrow buttons perform on the problem screens.

Then also, try the original Replay remote and see if it performs any better.

Also, this will seem like a silly request but you'd be surprised how often it's the cause of the problem (whatever the problem is), PLEASE check that you have fresh batteries in the remote.
jswright61

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 4:04 pm    Post subject: Now we're getting somewhere Reply with quote

Fresh batteries in the remote. (was not he problem)

Arrows in 616 and 614 work properly on all menus. Very strange.

I really want some custom mappings that I created on my upgrade device - so I guess I will use it and just use advanced codes from 614 or 616 for the arrow buttons. Does this sound like the best approach?

BTW, I have three different RPTV 4500s (in different rooms) and I'm hacking two different 8910s, and the tests results from every combination of RPTV and 8910 were identical.

I'd love some insight into what was going on, or what I was doing wrong as I think it will help me (admitted newbie). But I do have a viable work around (I think) and certainly understand if people wish to direct their attention and efforts towards unsolved problems.

Thanks to all who helped
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 4:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Now we're getting somewhere Reply with quote

jswright61 wrote:
Arrows in 616 and 614 work properly on all menus. Very strange.

I really want some custom mappings that I created on my upgrade device - so I guess I will use it and just use advanced codes from 614 or 616 for the arrow buttons. Does this sound like the best approach?

You could try using the 0616 and/or 0614 files and add your custom mapping to them instead of using those key moves.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have absolutely no idea what the cause could be, I'm using the hacked Replay protocol every single day and have not had any problems with it at all. I have a URC-8910 that I can test with, so could you email me the IR.exe dump that you are using so i can see if I get the same results.

Given that VCR/0616 works, you should use the Replay-pan.txt file as a basis for an upgrade as this will generate the same signals as VCR/0616
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: