JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Upgrade wanted: Skyworth 32LBAIW LCD TV
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please do post your upgrade file, even if it isn't complete, as you can always come back and update it later.

For NEC protocols the full range of OBCs is 0-255. Some OEMs chose to not use the complete range, hence the earlier comment about only some of the range being appropriate, but in your case you should try the complete range.
digital_silence

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Please do post your upgrade file, even if it isn't complete, as you can always come back and update it later.

Upgrading the upgrade, eh?... :-)

OK, will brush it up and post it, but let me try all 256 OBCs first. There aren't many more to go... I'll do that n the next day or two...

BTW, Happy Labor day to you guys and gals up in the land of America.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you post what you've got now, we might recognize the OBCs and be able to predict the missing ones.
digital_silence

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HERE it is.
I still haven't had a chance to go through remaining OBCs (I will do this, it's just a matter of finding the time for that).

From the translations of the button labels on that (non-compatible) RC which Skyworth sent to me, it looks like there is no OK or SELECT button indeed on the remote control, as I assumed earlier.

So, the only missing OBC code now is A12 (and it does exist on the Skyworth remote, so there should be a code for it).
digital_silence

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The plot's gone through the quite funny twist yesterday...

I can not test it any further because someone saw the TV and wanted to buy it on the spot and pick it up straight away. They "made me an offer that I couldn't refuse". :-)))

So, the TV is gone. I gave them 7 days for cooling-off, so there is still a chance that it comes back, but for now the upgrade that I posted just above, might have to be called "final".

Before the TV had gone, I tested the OBCs from 0 to 140 and 240 to 255, as I mentioned on the previous page. None of them acts as A12.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What does the A12 button do anyway?
digital_silence

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

digital_silence wrote:
(A12 is a selection button for audio part of Skyworth proprietary digital processing engine. I have found V12 - video part - selection OBC, but not A12, alas)

Essentially, it cycles through the selection of the different "flavours" for digitally processed sound.
Never had a chance to evaluate the importance of it, simply because I have not found the button itself... :-)))

The similar V12 button for video processing settings didn't seem that useful to me...
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: