JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

keymove question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
volan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:54 pm    Post subject: keymove question Reply with quote

I was looking at hifi-remote.com under "tips & tricks" under how to program input selects on a receiver.

It was suggested that I could use the learning keys for input selector. So under device receiver I used advanced codes to program the L1, L2, and L3 buttons to Video1, Video2 and DVD.

In hi-fi remotes it was suggested that I could use a keymove to move the input select from device receiver to, say a VCR. In my setup the video1 input is for the VCR.

When I tried to move L1(receiver) to L1(VCR) it wouldn't work. I ended up having to learn L1(VCR) (input select Video1) from my receiver remote.

Can anyone tell me why the keymove wouldn't work?

I have a OFA 8811 remote.

Thanks.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I understand you correctly, you tried to KeyMove a previous KeyMove. You can't. You can KeyMove a key defined by the setup code or you can KeyMove an EFC.

The correct method is to KeyMove the EFC (which is the three digit number you used to define the first KeyMove).

This is all much easier with a JP1 cable, but my best guess from your question is that you're doing it on the remote itself, which is possible.

1) Long press of Set
2) Key in 9 9 4
3) Press the device key that has the right setup code (RCVR in your example).
4) Short press of Set
5) Key in the three digit EFC number
6) Press the device key where you want it defined (VCR in your example).
7) Press the Key on which you want it defined (L1).

Note that defining that KeyMove won't remove the learned signal you already defined. To actually use the KeyMove you must also delete the learned signal.
volan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not actually keymoving a keymoved key. I used advanced codes to get the functionality on my RCVR device and I tried to use keymoves to move it to VCR and it wouldn't work.

Nevertheless I'll try your suggestion.

thanks!
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

volan wrote:
I'm not actually keymoving a keymoved key....

Well that's what this sounds like...

volan wrote:
... I used advanced codes to program the L1, L2, and L3 buttons to Video1, Video2 and DVD.

When I tried to move L1(receiver) to L1(VCR) it wouldn't work. I ended up having to learn L1(VCR) (input select Video1) from my receiver remote.

The term "key move" refers to a button programmed using the 994-function, regardless of whether the button was "moved" from one place to another or programmed using an advanced code.

What I was trying to suggest on my "Tips & Tricks" page is exactly what John described. Btw, the URL for my site is hifi-remote.com
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

volan wrote:
I'm not actually keymoving a keymoved key. I used advanced codes...

A key with an Advanced Code assigned IS considered a Key Move, and therefore cannot be key moved somewhere else. What you have to do is setup that same Advanced Code on the other button.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: