JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

PIP functions on Comcast silver remote 1067BC3-001-R
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look at this list of Sony TV function codes, and try to identify a list of candidate function names that might correspond to "Channel Scan". Post those names, along with the TV setup code you are using for the Sony TV, and we'll convert the function numbers into EFCs.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/sony/Sony_tv.htm
Janeiac

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:21 pm    Post subject: antique Sony function codes Reply with quote

I did look through the Sony code list, and I can't find anything that resembles the channel scan funtion. IT's the procedure to have the set seek all available channels on its tuner. I may have to try harder (i.e. up my bid) to get a replacement OEM remote.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Got my PIP buttons mostly working Reply with quote

Janeiac wrote:
T
I was curious to know if mapping to one of those other keys would work, and it did.

you can also map things to shifted keys.

Quote:

Now I'd like to find the code numbers for PIP locate. I don't see it on the advanced code list in the library section. AM I overlooking it? Does anyone know what it is?

Would this be the Move function? 00038

Quote:

Next is a little more tricky-- my Sony TV KV32SXR10 with remote RM-755 (which is apparently not programmable). THe TV is really old (1989 or so) and I am missing the original remote. The Comcast silver remote mostly works for it but I am missing the critical channel scan feature which does not even exist on the TV's buttons. Any ideas how to get that into the UE 1067?

Channel Scan? Is that for setting up your TV? That was what got me started with One For All remotes in the first place. We moved and I didn't have my OEM remote, so I could use ch+ and ch-. On my old oem remote there was an add and delete key to add and delete channels from the preset list.

Edit, I see that you were posting the answer while I asked the question.

What setup code are you using?

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did some hunting. This is the file that I used for my old Sony. It has the Auto Program/Channel Add/ and Channel Skip buttons.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=1159

If you tell us what setup code you are using, we can compute the EFC's, but we need to know the setup code. NO TYPEO'S PLEASE. Laughing

Try TV/0000 [1]0000
00124 Auto Program
00190 Channel Skip
00194 Channel Add

Other codes that might be helpful

00083 Mute
00109 Discrete Off/System Off
00113 Discrete On
00226 PIP CH +
00227 PIP Freeze
00221 PIP Swap
00220 PIP
00222 PIP CH -
00225 PIP Position
00187 PIP Audio
00224 PIP TV/Video
00049 Sleep
00176 Display
00239 TV/Video
00112 Ant
00172 Jump
00140 Enter
00197 Surround Toggle
00777 MTS
00255 Enter/Favorites
00003 Video Mode
00206 Picture Down
00210 Picture Up
00205 Brightness Down
00209 Brightness Up
00204 Color Down
00208 Color Up
00242 Hue Down
00238 Hue Up
00236 Sharpness Down
00240 Sharpness Up
00262 Treble Down
00066 Treble Up
00060 Bass Down
00064 Bass Up
00241 Balance Left
00237 Balance Right
00098 Speaker On/Off
00161 Cable On/Off
00243 Tuner
00034 Video1
00030 Video2
00120 PIP Off
00110 Surround Menu
00174 CC Toggle Menu

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
Janeiac

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:45 pm    Post subject: great info! Reply with quote

WOW! I'm grateful even if noobalicious!

The set-up code for my Sony TV is 11100.

How do I use the shift keys? Yes, I'd like to map them.
And, although it's redundant, I'd like to program the Toshiba CT-9933 more completely to run the Motoral DCT700 cable box. Currently it will change channels and power on/off, but nothing else. In "cable" mode, the volume control still adjusts the TV itself, not the cable box. I'd like to acess that, plus the guides and On Demand menus if possible.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

May I ask why you want to control the cable box volume? It's usually best to leave the cable volume fixed.

I don't think we can help you with your toshiba remote.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:09 pm    Post subject: Re: great info! Reply with quote

Janeiac wrote:
WOW! I'm grateful even if noobalicious!

The set-up code for my Sony TV is 11100.

That's pretty much the same as TV [1]0000, but you might find that 0000 might be better for your vintage of TV.

Quote:

How do I use the shift keys? Yes, I'd like to map them.

See the Notes under the 994 command in the Manual Programming Guideto see how to program shifted keys.
If you are going to shift numbers, when you go to ACCESS them you have to tap setup twice.

Quote:

And, although it's redundant, I'd like to program the Toshiba CT-9933 more completely to run the Motoral DCT700 cable box. Currently it will change channels and power on/off, but nothing else. In "cable" mode, the volume control still adjusts the TV itself, not the cable box. I'd like to acess that, plus the guides and On Demand menus if possible.

I don't see any RDF's for this Toshiba remote, so I don't know if its a remote is a UEI or not. You mentioned it was a learning remote, maybe you can just learn the functions that you need.

Janeiac

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:56 pm    Post subject: manual programming fun Reply with quote

Thanks so much for all the help and advice.

I like to occaisionally adjust the cable box volume separately because I can sometimes get better levels/improved sound clarity this way. However, it's not very important; more signifigant would be to get the program guide functions. ideally I'd like to get all functions onto one remote or another. So far I have most of what I want on the UE silver remote. At this point I'm fiddling and tweaking, seeking perfection.

Thanks a million to everyone; may you ever prosper.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
NO TYPEO'S PLEASE. Laughing

Oh boy, did you ever pick the wrong time to make a typo!!! Smile
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

Janeiac

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

0038 to move the PIP location did work. Now I have all the PIP functions properly programed on the Comcast remote. Thanks again!
Janeiac

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:44 pm    Post subject: Manual programming for old devices Reply with quote

I resurrected this old thread because I have a question about the same remote. It's been working fine all this time. I'd like to know if it's possible to make one of the unused buttons into another device key. There is a button labeled "MY DVR" that does nothing; I'd like to make it a "mode" button --like an extra "aux" key-- if that's possible. Is it?
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The old JP1.3 silver Comcast does have a phantom device so you could change that to a mode button, but not without a JP1 cable.
Janeiac

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Vicky!
Janeiac

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've done something stupid. Messing around with a key mapping attempt, I inadvertently made the volume + function on cable mode not work. Volume- works, and volume +/- both work in TV and AUX modes. How can I put it back? I looked for the vol+ advanced code but I couldn't find it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: