JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What can an 'Comcast' (w/JP1 pins) do for me.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
burchis

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kupakai wrote:
burchis wrote:
My TV does have a video input 7 and 8. And video 7 is one that I use for my HDMI cable. As you suspected, I wasn't able to send a discrete code for either of these inputs. Everything else that I need is available though.

I tried 11100 and then your 00024 but only got me to widescreen display. Is there a way to know if my remote works with base 11100?

Any other ideas on how to select video input 7 besides using a cable?

Try this. Set the TV setup code to TV/11317. The remote should blink twice. If not, the remote doesn't have that code, and we will do it a different way (only a few of the most recent remotes have this code, and if the Insight remote you have is the same as the Comcast 1067BX3, it should have it). Use the steps I outlined above and use the following advanced codes:

video 7 = 20524
video 8 = 12075
video 9 = 12587

I got these from mdavej's upgrade file and changed the remote to Comcast JP1.3 remote to get the 5 digit advanced codes. TV/11317 setup code needs to be used to match the protocol with what is being used in the upgrade file so that the advanced code (or EFC) is calculated

correctly.

I know it's been some time since this posting but I am reviewing this valuable information. I have loaded the update file and see all of the numbers that you mentioned to get the source inputs as discussed. However I can not determine how you arrived at using setup code 11317 and how would I know to use the five digit or three digit number. Can you help me with that?

Thanks
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, your remote (which we call a Comcast 1067BX3, with signature 3039) uses 5 digit EFCs. All UEI remotes designed in the last 2 or 3 years use 5 digit EFCs. The virtue of a 5 digit as opposed to a 3 digit EFC is that more information can be incorporated.

The EFC forms part of the information that is sent to the executor (the subroutine that actually generates the flashes of IR light). Executors also use a few bytes of "fixed data", which describe features of the IR signal which is common to all the buttons, but differs from setup code to setup code. The exact meaning of the fixed data and the EFCs varies depending on the executor. The particular executor which mdavej used in the posted upgrade is the Sony 12/15/20 bit combo. For 20 bit IR signals, it stores up to 4 sub-device numbers in the fixed data, and allows you to specify any device number and any function (OBC) number in the EFC.

So kupukai wanted to use the EFCs in mdavej's upgrade, and needed to be sure that you use a setup code which employs the 12/15/20 combo executor. He recommended 11317, since it specifies all four subdevice numbers as zero, just like mdavej's upgrade. You can use the Lookup Tool to see what fixed data each setup codes provides. Click on Protocol Search, select Comcast 1067BX3, select Sony 12/15/20 Combo, and click Search. That gives you a list of setup codes. TV 1317 (11317 to your remote) shows the desired zero subdevice numbers (which are actually labeled device in the Lookup Tool). Audio 1759 (31759) or Video 1232 (21232) would also work, but using the TV setup code means that most of the keys will work immediately, and that's easier while testing EFCs.
burchis

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
Well, your remote (which we call a Comcast 1067BX3, with signature 3039) uses 5 digit EFCs. All UEI remotes designed in the last 2 or 3 years use 5 digit EFCs. The virtue of a 5 digit as opposed to a 3 digit EFC is that more information can be incorporated.

The EFC forms part of the information that is sent to the executor (the subroutine that actually generates the flashes of IR light). Executors also use a few bytes of "fixed data", which describe features of the IR signal which is common to all the buttons, but differs from setup code to setup code. The exact meaning of the fixed data and the EFCs varies depending on the executor. The particular executor which mdavej used in the posted upgrade is the Sony 12/15/20 bit combo. For 20 bit IR signals, it stores up to 4 sub-device numbers in the fixed data, and allows you to specify any device number and any function (OBC) number in the EFC.

So kupukai wanted to use the EFCs in mdavej's upgrade, and needed to be sure that you use a setup code which employs the 12/15/20 combo executor. He recommended 11317, since it specifies all four subdevice numbers as zero, just like mdavej's upgrade. You can use the Lookup Tool to see what fixed data each setup codes provides. Click on Protocol Search, select Comcast 1067BX3, select Sony 12/15/20 Combo, and click Search. That gives you a list of setup codes. TV 1317 (11317 to your remote) shows the desired zero subdevice numbers (which are actually labeled device in the Lookup Tool). Audio 1759 (31759) or Video 1232 (21232) would also work, but using the TV setup code means that most of the keys will work immediately, and that's easier while testing EFCs.

Thank for the explanation. There is a lot to learn in this arena and everyone has been very patient and helpful.
bizwiz41

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
burchis wrote:
Any other ideas on how to select video input 7 besides using a cable?

Here are all the sony tv codes I know of which may be worth trying: 10017, 10154, 11100, 10000, 10150, 10053, 10080, 10834, 11904.

Beyond that, I don't have any other ideas. But what you found is interesting. It means that code 11100 seems to work on your remote and is Sony15 device 164, which means surround 00197, wide 00167 (or 00024) and twin view 00053 should also work (if your tv has twin view).

Maybe someone else has a solution.

I know this is an older thread, but I wish to say "Thank You" to mdavej for the EFC for the Sony "Twin View" function.

This is the great benefit of this forum, a quick search saved me a ton of time looking for this EFC. I never would have thought to look under another set up code for this.

Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: