JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Need help with adding function to 6131B00 Ext.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sam

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:44 pm    Post subject: Need help with adding function to 6131B00 Ext. Reply with quote

Hi All,

I've spent most of the day trying to get this to work and no luck so I need some help please.

Here's what I'm trying to do, I have my 6131 remotes controlling my cable DVR from BrightHouse and all buttons that I need are working perfectly except for the "replay" button. I have tried everything I know of, I've tried doing upgrades with RM and KM and have been successful with those before but not with this one button now.

I'll link to both IR files below, one is the download from the original cable remote and the other is of course my 6131. Please give me some advice on how to get this to work.

Thanks for any help,

Sam

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=8866

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=8867

To be clear, the only button not working on my 6131 is the Replay and that's what I'm trying to get to work.
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm confused.
You have CBL/0877 device coded. It has identical Replay code to the CBL/0877 device in the Original downloaded file from Atlas, I think. Hex command is $E7. Protocol is 00.
Then you have coded CBL replay keymove, hex 9B from VCR setup 2001 which doesn't exist and keymove most likely ignores the built in setup 0877.
And PVR replay keymove, hex 9B from VCR setup 2002.
What device are you trying to send replay to?
If the box is using 0877, has the Replay button not worked using that CBL device? Overlaying it with a keymove might be what's breaking it for you.
Sam

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElizabethD, Thank you! You were right on, that's what it was. I deleted the top keymove and it now works fine. To answer your question, I want "Replay" to work with my cable DVR and now it does.

It has been so long since I did the keymove I don't remember what it was for now but I don't seem to need it.

I kept looking at devices, trying to use RM and KM and making it more complicated than needed and never even looked at the keymove tab.

Thanks again, you solved the problem.

Best regards,

Sam
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're very welcome. Thanks for the feedback.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: