JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

First time with JP!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lobonegro

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 1:09 pm    Post subject: First time with JP! Reply with quote

I got myself a Radio Shack 15-2116 and also have a Motorola Cable Box Remote (400 or 450 imposible to tell) both with JP1. I`m trying to control a Sony TV (No problem), a Mitsubichi VCR (No problem), a motorola 2000 Cable box (working fine), a A/B Radio Shack switch box (using the learning mode of the 15-2116), a Extingy from Creative (also using the learning mode). The problem is with my two DVD. The first is a Philco PH9200 which the 2116 don`t have any codes and a Panasonic DVD DMR-E50 with the same problem.

The first question which comes to my mind is How do I know which is the PIN ONE of the two JP1 found in my two remote controls in order not to fry them? (I own the one from Radio Shack, the other belong to the cable company). There are not marks on them.

And also if any one has the codes for the Philco PH9200 and the Panasonic DMR-E50

Thanks

Lobonegro Embarassed
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You won't fry your remote if you put the connector in backwards.
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 1:31 pm    Post subject: Re: First time with JP! Reply with quote

lobonegro wrote:

The first question which comes to my mind is How do I know which is the PIN ONE of the two JP1 found in my two remote controls in order not to fry them? (I own the one from Radio Shack, the other belong to the cable company). There are not marks on them.

Just try both directions. You will not fry the remote.

lobonegro wrote:

And also if any one has the codes for the Philco PH9200 and the Panasonic DMR-E50
There are all sorts of Panasonic upgrades in the jp1 Device Codes/DVD section but I see nothing for the Philco. Try leaning some comands and downloading them to IR and we can figure out what it matches
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. the R/S A/B switch box: the code is VIDACC/0160
2. Panasonic DMR-E50: the code is DVD/0490.
3. Philco PH9200: the code is DVD/0539
4. the plug: normally the cable will flow downwards when it's connected, but try it both ways around to see which works, you won't fry the remote.
lobonegro

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 2:05 pm    Post subject: New to JP1 Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
1. the R/S A/B switch box: the code is VIDACC/0160
2. Panasonic DMR-E50: the code is DVD/0490.
3. Philco PH9200: the code is DVD/0539
4. the plug: normally the cable will flow downwards when it's connected, but try it both ways around to see which works, you won't fry the remote.

Thanks. I will test them. One more question about the Philco. The code 0539 is from which device?. I don`t know where the Philco comes from. I know that these DVD comes from Brazil, what I don`t know is the real manufacturer. My guess is that probably is Phillips or someone else in China. Anyone has any information because there are a lot of people all around Mexico which will love to know.

Regards

Lobonegro
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AFAIK, "Philco" is short for "Philips Company"
wwwoholic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: First time with JP! Reply with quote

lobonegro wrote:
which is the PIN ONE

look at the pictures in "SERIAL PORT INTERFACE FOR JP1" document at yahoo
lobonegro

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 10:31 pm    Post subject: New to JP1 Reply with quote

I tested the codes with the following results:

The panasonic DMR-E50 don`t work with 0490 but with the 0632 but it only responded as DVD not as recorder DVD.

The Philco don`t work with 0539 or for that matte, with any other code from the remote library.

I didn't had the oportunity to test the A/B switch.

Any ideas?

Regards

Lobonegro Sad
gjarboni
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 10:43 pm    Post subject: Re: New to JP1 Reply with quote

lobonegro wrote:
I tested the codes with the following results:

The panasonic DMR-E50 don`t work with 0490 but with the 0632 but it only responded as DVD not as recorder DVD.

Learn the additional functions then download from IR. Go to the learned signals tab. Click on the buttons that you learned to. You should see Protocol, Device, & EFC information. If device 0632 works you might be able to use keymoves for the additional recorder functions.

lobonegro wrote:
The Philco don`t work with 0539 or for that matte, with any other code from the remote library.

After you are done with the first device, clear out all your learned signals, then learn as many buttons as you can. You should be able to use the information in the learned signals tab of IR to create a device upgrade. Or you compare this information to devices already in the files area of the Yahoo JP1 group and see if there is a device that will work.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 11:27 pm    Post subject: Re: New to JP1 Reply with quote

lobonegro wrote:
The Philco don`t work with 0539 or for that matte, with any other code from the remote library. Any ideas? Sad

In that case I will refer you to the main sticky thread in the code search forum.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: