JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Yamaha "gap" protocol help
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you suggesting that I had forgotten about this thread? Because if you are, you'd be correct! Smile

What JP1 remote would this upgrade be used in? Hopefully it's an S3C8/S3F8 based remote.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, here's what I've figured out so far. The Yamaha HTR-5063 is a "home theater receiver" as seen here. I couldn't find the main upgrade file that jetstar52 is using in the file section, so I can't see what the OBCs look like. All the other HTR- models in the file section just use device code 122, so they're no help.

Jet, in order to build a combined upgrade, I really need to see the parts that need to be combined, so I need to see your files.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gave this a passing thought. I realized that the device uses 122, 126 and 127.1 Nec1 signals as well as 122.133 and 127.1 yamaha custom codes, but other users could have more custom codes depending on what they have hooked up.

So I realized that were looking at something that is going to need 5digit EFC's. The gap protocol requires 6 bytes for the empty setup code, the protocol is 40 bytes.

I realize our protocol will be as complex as the Nec 4 dev combo, Unless we want to combine the Gap portion with the non/cap portion but considering that the nec 4 combo has 106 butes and an 11 byte header, and the efc's are 5 digit, it didn't seem that there would be any memory savings by doing a combo.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI, the HTR-5063 is the same as the RX-V567. But I don't have any function numbers for it.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
I realize our protocol will be as complex as the Nec 4 dev combo, Unless we want to combine the Gap portion with the non/cap portion but considering that the nec 4 combo has 106 butes and an 11 byte header, and the efc's are 5 digit, it didn't seem that there would be any memory savings by doing a combo.

My intent is to modify the NEC 4Dev Combo executor so that it can handle the special signals too. Looking at the RX765 spreadsheet that you mentioned earlier, all the special codes have the last bit of the OBC complement flipped. In most cases this means it's set to 0 (when it should have been 1) but there two functions where it's set to 1 (when it should have been 0).

There are 3 bits in the control byte that are not used, and 1 of the bits that is used it not really necessary because KM and RM always sets it to 1. (This is the bit that controls whether the sub-device is used or the device-complement is used, both KM and RM default the sub-device to the device complement, so this bit is un-necessary).

Here's a PB file for the NEC 4Dev Combo protocol (S3C8 version):
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=8711
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Looking at the RX765 spreadsheet that you mentioned earlier, all the special codes have the last bit of the OBC complement flipped. In most cases this means it's set to 0 (when it should have been 1) but there two functions where it's set to 1 (when it should have been 0).

Whoops, our Gap helper is not set up to handle flipping the bit, it only clears it or sets it. Don't remember which.

I'll be happy to do the HCS8 processor version, but I'll be gone for 10 days....

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That'll be easy to change.

Jet hasn't said what remote this is for yet, so we don't know which version of the executor he needs.
jetstar52

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awww, you folks are so nice to me!

I can use either a 15-100 or a 10820N. I'll zip the three files I'm using, and upload them to the diagnosis area tonight.

Thanks so much!
jetstar52

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, the files are here:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=8714

Thanks!
jetstar52

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, the upgrade for NEC 4DEV, and the two flavors of gap protocol are in this zip file in the Diagnosis area:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=8714

I can use either a 10820N or a 15-100 in the room where my receiver is.

Thanks so much to all of you for huge amount of work you do for us!
NOAMattD

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI I managed to get everything in one Device Combiner upgrade for the 2065, mostly thanks to the RS232 / Extended IR code files which I have uploaded here:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=8732

I had to add the NEC 5A protocol manually since the RCRP05B doesn't have it built-in:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=3785

And of course the Vickyg's Yamaha Gap Helper protocol:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=7545

As you can see i nthe files, the 4-byte commands correspond to standard NEC (2 for device# + 2 for OBC) and the 8-byte ones correspond to the "Yamaha NEC" (2 for device + 2 for subdevice + 2 for OBC + 2 for that other part). Hopefully they'll be of help.

It looks like one reason these codes are so complex is that Yamaha actually has different commands built in for different receiver modes - e.g. the number keys and Tuning+/- keys send different commands depending on if you have the receiver in XM/SIRIUS/USB/IPOD/Radio modes. The weird thing is that there's not a lot of correspondence between device number, protocol, and functional area.

I can upload my combiner upgrade and the individual upgrades it was built from when I get home if it will help.

Last edited by NOAMattD on Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
jetstar52

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NOAMattD wrote:
I can upload my combiner upgrade and the individual upgrades it was built from when I get home if it will help.

Wow, that would be great. Thanks!

The list you uploaded is amazing: there's a discrete for subwoofer crossover frequency!
NOAMattD

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=8736

Yeah there are discretes for a LOT of functions, even individual EQ presets. I didn't include most of them (except the volume save/load functions) but with those spreadsheets it will be trivial to add them.

Anyways, you now have all the tools while the powers that be actually develop a real executor so we can avoid device combiner madness in the future.

Speaking of which, don't neglect my RCRP05B in the development process ladies and gents! Very Happy
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just written a new version of the 4Dev combo protocol that also generates the custom Yamaha signals (hopefully). I have done NO testing on this, so no guarantees.

I have created an upgrade for the 15-100 using "Manual Settings" in KM here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=8740

This upgrade includes all of the functions from all 3 of the files that Jet posted. I've assigned a few buttons from each group of custom functions to buttons. I've also included a few extra custom functions that use a different device code (126) along with a few DVD-C996 functions that use the regular 124 device code.

If this works, I'll look at creating an HCS08 version and upgrading RM and KM to use this new version of the 4Dev protocol.

Here is the PB file:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=8742

Last edited by The Robman on Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
jetstar52

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spectacular! All of the functions, from all 5 protocols, work just as they should!

Looking forward to the HCS08 version.

Thanks very much, again, Rob.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: