JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

old Cox M7820 with Insignia BRDVD3 via key magic (9xx)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I remember correctly nw is setting up the Insignia DVD via keymoves on an Audio device, 1609.

When you turn the channel lock on, CBL channel keys for all modes EXCEPT AUD will only change channels on your set-top box.

When nw gets the cable, he/she can create a DVD type upgrade.

I do believe that now that all the keymoves have been setup, changing the device type to cable and assigning the cable button should give the punch through desired on the DVD player.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw wrote:
You know what - 973 isn't working for me.

I can do the "deactivate" sequence (ch-) and get 4 blinks.

But the activation sequence (ch+) does the solid error light.

This might be because I have a custom EFC set for "enter" (OK) on the DVR button?

Tried it several times without luck. Deactivate works but not activation.

Even tried the 982 cable mode lock toggle, no difference.

What I did instead for now is use EFC to give the TV ch+/- button a fake bad code (12345) so they don't do anything and don't throw the TV into an empty channel.

After my post above, I actually broke out the remote and tried it. The instructions in the manual are WRONG.

1) On the remote press CBL once, it will blink once. Press and hold SETUP untl the CBL/SAT key blinks twice.

2) Enter 973. The CBL/SAT key will blink twice.

3) Press Ch+ once. The CBL/SAT key will blink once

4) Press CBL/SAT and CBL/SAT will blink twice. All of the devices will be controlled by the CBLl/SAT Button, reguardless of mode.

(If you pressed TV on step 4, all of your buttons would have been controled by the TV....)
They must have copied this word for word from the Cable remotes, which work differently than this RCA remote. REAL cable remotes don't do the punch through on AUD, because AUD channel buttons are used for device selection.......

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
nw

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah thanks for figuring out the right sequence!

However after thinking about it for awhile, I've decided not to do channel lock because it also affects the OK button which is not good for the other devices where I need to use it sometimes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: