JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

LKP Setup, I'm stumped
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Special Protocols tab appears only if the rdf you are using supports it. UNextended (i.e. "normal" rdf's usually do NOT support Special Functions so it will not appear. If you are using the correct EXTENDER rdf, the tab will appear. Ho did you create your extender IR file?

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stangbat wrote:
I should probably try and update some of the help files to take the new stuff in to account. Although my overall understanding of extenders is obviously pretty limited.

There has been a lot of talk about updating the help. I started on help a long time ago, and then lost interest. Then Graham included a link from IR so it really should be updated, especially since Graham made so many changes in IR since he's taken over.

The old IRHelp source code is posted, and I'd be glad to lend a hand.

I think help is best written when sorting out confusion.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
stangbat

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capn Trips wrote:
The Special Protocols tab appears only if the rdf you are using supports it. UNextended (i.e. "normal" rdf's usually do NOT support Special Functions so it will not appear. If you are using the correct EXTENDER rdf, the tab will appear. Ho did you create your extender IR file?

I created it with ExtInstall.exe and it worked great. I think the problem arose because I downloaded 8910ex1_2.zip and used the rdf file in it when opening my current IR file for the extender. Evidently I created the extender configuration with a different rdf. Does this seem plausible?
stangbat

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to prove I've learned something, I set up LKPs for some more keys and functions. I even shifted and xshifted them. I was struggling for a while, but the problem ended up being the learned codes, not the way I was setting up the LKPs. Once I finally got the right codes set up in RM, everything fell into place.

I've now got my 8910 set up to select the correct TV inputs when you choose a video device, I have LKPs to allow TV input selection from my cable device, and I have it set up so that SKPs make my channel guide page up/down and LKPs make the channel guide dates go + or -.

I also set up my new RCRP05B with shifted keys so I can do most of the same things I'm doing with the 8910. So now it is a battle between the remotes to see who stays on top. If the RCRP05B gets an extender, the 8910 may get "archived". Wink
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news.
Now you can change the title of this thread Smile
Enjoy the new skills!
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations. Its a big hurdle.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: