JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Help please, total newbie, need Sony code.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Llauron

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 1:19 am    Post subject: Help please, total newbie, need Sony code. Reply with quote

I have what I believe is the:
Comcast Motorola DCT6412 URC-1067ABG0 remote
My TV is a Sony, and the code I'm using is 11100. I somehow messed up the macro they had set on my remote on the 'HD Zoom' button, which functioned as an 'enter' key for my TV. So, I could press '22' and it would go to the cable box and then press 'enter' and I wouldn't have to wait.
Now if I press it, it brings up a list of music channels I can select instead. Can anyone help me restore it?
I suppose in retrospect, I wouldn't need the 'enter' EFC Sony code, because this is a Cable Box command, right? The cable box is just the standard comcast box code: 0476

Thank you!
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that you want to be able to be in Cable Mode or TV mode, enter in 2,2 followed by HD Zoom, and have that make the cable box change to channel 22 immediately.

The remote is normally setup to do that by pressing OK/Select (EFC= 00078) in either TV or Cable mode. I have a similar Comcast remote 1067BX3, and in Cable mode HD Zoom shoots (00082). That also causes the channel to change immediately. However, in TV mode, HD Zoom sends no signal.

Many people use keymoves to assign the OK/Select button to the TV's Enter or Select signal. Then it becomes convenient to make HD Zoom send Enter to the cable box while the remote is in TV mode. To do this, first temporarily change the TV setup code to 00476, use the 994 EFC keymove instructions to assign 00082 to HD Zoom, then reset the TV setup code to 11100. If necessary, in cable mode assign 00082 to HD Zoom.
bizwiz41

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
I think that you want to be able to be in Cable Mode or TV mode, enter in 2,2 followed by HD Zoom, and have that make the cable box change to channel 22 immediately.

The remote is normally setup to do that by pressing OK/Select (EFC= 00078) in either TV or Cable mode. I have a similar Comcast remote 1067BX3, and in Cable mode HD Zoom shoots (00082). That also causes the channel to change immediately. However, in TV mode, HD Zoom sends no signal.

Many people use keymoves to assign the OK/Select button to the TV's Enter or Select signal. Then it becomes convenient to make HD Zoom send Enter to the cable box while the remote is in TV mode. To do this, first temporarily change the TV setup code to 00476, use the 994 EFC keymove instructions to assign 00082 to HD Zoom, then reset the TV setup code to 11100. If necessary, in cable mode assign 00082 to HD Zoom.

Hi 3FG,

I have a question about this EFC for HD Zoom (EFC 00082) . I tried programming this into my Atlas (in Cable mode) on the "aspect key", and I get the same "music list" this poster mentioned. I've tried clearing the key several times, but to no avail. I also entered 00082 onto another key, and the list shows up again.

I'm assuming there is something coded to this key, like a key move. But nothing seems to clear the key. Is there another code for "HD Zoom", or a way to clear the underlying code on the key?
bizwiz41

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bizwiz41 wrote:
3FG wrote:

Hi 3FG,

I have a question about this EFC for HD Zoom (EFC 00082) . I tried programming this into my Atlas (in Cable mode) on the "aspect key", and I get the same "music list" this poster mentioned. I've tried clearing the key several times, but to no avail. I also entered 00082 onto another key, and the list shows up again.

I'm assuming there is something coded to this key, like a key move. But nothing seems to clear the key. Is there another code for "HD Zoom", or a way to clear the underlying code on the key?

Well, I found the answer to my problem, and perhaps this will help others. The solution to adding "HD Zoom" to my Atlas OCAP on the "Aspect" key was to use EFC 00034, not 00082, for controlling the Comcast HD box. I found this by remembering a little info from Comcast regarding the boxes. Comcast gave me a page from their tech's manual to reprogram boxes from 0476 to 1376 if any issue.

I looked up the EFC for HD Zoom under 1376, and found 00034 listed. I tried it and it worked!

Hopefully this will help someone else having the same issue.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: