JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

JP1 Upgrades - cross-reference list
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElizabethD wrote:
AV selectors DONE.
{deleted}
Rob, One file needs your expert attention and two files are missing. See red rows.

Thanks Liz, you stumbled across 2 of the many issues that I've been finding as I've gone through the files. In the first case, the user had loaded an IR file instead of a KM/RM file, when this happens I do a "import raw upgrade" in RM to create an RMDU file which I then use to replace the original file. The other case that you hit is where an old file has gone missing for some reason, when this happens I download the original file from the Yahoo file section and load it into our file section. One missing file was too new to be in the Yahoo file section, but it was one that I had originally created. I didn't have it on my local hard drive, but I found it in an email attachment so I got it that way.

Other bad files that I've found include plain text files with the cut & past upgrade code (ie,the stuff that we copy from RM to IR) and Excel files with lists of EFCs or OBCs.

Last edited by The Robman on Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:54 am; edited 1 time in total
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liz,
I fixed that, and some other parsing errors.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave,
I'm starting to play with the utility and it looks like it's going to be very helpful. Just downloading the files is a tremendous help. I'm also looking at the decoder routine but I'm not sure how reliable it is. For example, I just downloaded the MP3 files and the decoder lists the Accurian file as using NEC1, dev5 when in fact it uses NEC1 with device 65. The Memores iWake file uses NEC1 with dev 0, but the decoder shows a blank as the device code. The Philips Streamline is NEC1, dev1 and it shows as a blank also.

Even if the decoder isn't 100%, having a cross reference to the file names is great, as some of them are quite poorly named (which I'm fixing as I go).

Oh yeah, here's an idea for you. Could you put the csv files in the folders that the program creates? So the MP3 csv file would be in the MP3 folder, etc.

EDIT: I see what's going on, you are dropping the MSB digit of the first device code from RM files.

It would also be helpful if you could break the protocol parms into separate columns.
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Other than having used the tremendous file loader, I'm chugging along manually at this point. Have to leave for a birthday party with a bunch of tiny tots. More later. Still on TV combos, done A-Orion. More later tonight or tomorrow.

Yeah, some filenames in this section cause me headaches as well Sad but I'm noting what file I grab the parameters from.
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob, I have to review later some places. Something makes me think I may have put subdevices into your Dev2 column in some places. No time now.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another trick I've learned is that you need to close down the scraper in between downloads or it will download files from the previous category into the new one.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just added a ton more stuff, so here's the new list:

Done:
AC_Fans
Audio
Cable
Cable2
Camera
CD
Combo Systems
Digital STBs
DVD
DVD (Apex)
DVD Blu-Ray
DVD-VCR
Home Auto
Keyboards
Laser Disc
Misc
SAT Radio
Tape
VCR
Frames
AV Selectors

Partially Done:
MP3
Projectors
PVR
Tivo
TV - UQ

Still to do:
Dish
SAT
TV Combo - Liz
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob,
This is now a corrected AV selectors xls
{deleted}
see notes

I did what you said about the three red files
1. moved two from yahoo
Impact_Acoustics_Video_Explorer.txt
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=809
Inday RGB4X-R and DA4X-R switchers.txt
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=810
2. used RMIR to make an upgrade from that one IR file and also added it to the files section
Audio Authority AVAtrix.rmdu
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=5205

will now and tomorrow continue TV combos
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha ha, you didn't need to go back and fix the AV Selectors because I did that when I added them to the main list, and I fixed the 3 original files too.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just added MP3 and Projectors and got started on PVR.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
. Could you put the csv files in the folders that the program creates? So the MP3 csv file would be in the MP3 folder, etc.
EDIT: I see what's going on, you are dropping the MSB digit of the first device code from RM files.
It would also be helpful if you could break the protocol parms into separate columns.

The latest version.

I 've fixed the MSB digit problem, and broken out the parms into separate columns.
I don't see the issues with the location of the csv files, or the later report of the downloads going into the wrong directory. However, the symptoms seem to correspond to the current directory not being set to the location of the executable. (There's a lot of ways to start a program.) So the program now explicitly sets the current directory to the location of the executable. It still works on my computer, and I hope it will now work for you.

BTW, the file Laser Disc\Pioneer_CLD-M450_(Laserdisc-CD_chgr).txt uses semicolons instead of commas for separators. I've made the program simply decline to parse it. Are semicolons supposed to be legal separators, and if so do they always function only as separators?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of the older KM files have semi-colons rather than commas, so I've been setting the text-to-columns in Excel to parse both.

What I've been doing so far is just using the utility to download a folder and then I've been processing the files by hand.

What I meant about the CSV was when I use the HDD button to parse a bunch of files in one of the folders that JP1 Scraper creates, it puts the results in the main folder rather than the sub-folder where the actual files are, so I've been moving it there manually so it doesn't get overlaid by the next run.

I've only got 3 or 4 folders left to go, so I don't know that it's worth putting much more functionality into the program, just being able to download a folder with 1 button push has been a great help.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
When I use the HDD button to parse a bunch of files in one of the folders that JP1 Scraper creates, it puts the results in the main folder rather than the sub-folder where the actual files are, so I've been moving it there manually so it doesn't get overlaid by the next run.

The program was designed to put the csv folders into the same sub-folder as the actual files, and it has worked that way for me. I suspect you invoke the program differently than I do (I navigate to the directory where the executable is, and click on it), and so the current directory (called the working directory in shortcut properties) may not be set correctly. The latest version attempts to ensure at program startup that the current directory is set where the program expects it. Maybe that will fix the symptoms you're seeing.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's how I've been running it, so tell me if I'm doing it right or if there's an easier way.

1. First, create a folder called JP1Scraper which holds the executable.
2. Then I double click on the executable.
3. Then I click on the Lis Web Dirs button and select a folder to extract.
4. When it's done, it has created a folder using that name as a sub-folder to the JP1Scraper folder.
5. Then I click on Process HDD files, this opened a dialog box where I navigate to the sub-folder that I just created. Then I manually select all the text files in that sub-folder and click OPEN. This creates a file called upgrades.csv in the main JP1Scraper folder, so I then move the file to the sub-folder where the actual files are.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do it the same way, except the csv file is put in the correct folder. The Scraper program has been depending on a default behavior, and the MSDN documentation says the behavior can be altered by other programs, so the latest version explicitly sets the directory for the csv file.

Version 0.4
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10

Jump to: