JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Philips DSX 7072 Remote Control Codes for SlingBox wanted

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andromeda-X1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:38 pm    Post subject: Philips DSX 7072 Remote Control Codes for SlingBox wanted Reply with quote

Hi there!

Living in The Netherlands and one of the set top boxes that have been sold by the main satellite provider over here (Canal Digitaal) was the Philips DSX 7072. You can download the manual here in PDF format:

http://sysdoc.doors.ch/PHILIPS/dsx7072_03a_pss_eng.pdf

The English section is in the back (the first chapters are in Dutch).

Would REALLY appreciate the effort if one of you could create the files I so badly need to control my receiver - especially now with the FIFA WorldCup Soccer happening in South Africa! Wink

Thanks so much in advance!
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully Alan will be able to help you.

The remote itself appears to have the UEI codeset with an offset of 27, but the instructions for the blink-back are not our standard UEI codes so I'm not certain if this is a UEI remote or not. If this is a UEI remote I'd expect that the Slingbox would already have the setup code you need.

If you could do a blink-back of the setup code you are using for the Philips DSX 7072, it might help.

1. press digits 1 and 6 simultaneously for more than 3 seconds. The destination mode lights will
blink twice and turn off.
2. Press digit 1: the number of blinks of the destination mode light is the first number of the
code.
3. Press digit 2: the number of blinks of the destination mode light is the second number of the
code.
4. Press digit 3: the number of blinks of the destination mode light is the third number of the
code.
5. Press digit 4: the number of blinks of the destination mode light is the fourth number of the
code.

No blinks indicates a zero.
Keys should be pressed within 60 seconds of each other in order not to exit the procedure.
At the end of the procedure, the remote control will return to normal mode.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
Andromeda-X1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just tried/executed the above instructions: So here's the blink back results of the setup codes:

digit 1 - 0 blinks
digit 2 - 8 blinks
digit 3 - 8 blinks
digit 4 - 0 blinks

Hope this helps!
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It kinda does.

0880 - 27 = 0753 which is a Pioneer code/used primarily by pioneer codes, but I am hoping you might have miscounted because if it was actually 0980, it would be 0853 which is a Philips Satelite and Canal Digital.

Sat/0853 is built in to the SlingPK and SlingRV.

Can you redo the steps to see if the code is really 0980?

What is your target?

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vicky,
Break out your calculator! Very Happy 0880-27=0853, which is the Sat/Cable code you are hoping for. The Lookup Tool says that Canal Digital, Canal+, and Canal Satellite use 0853.

So I think the blinkback was correct, and the Slingbox should be programmed to CBL/Sat 0853.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
Vicky,
Break out your calculator! Very Happy 0880-27=0853, which is the Sat/Cable code you are hoping for. The Lookup Tool says that Canal Digital, Canal+, and Canal Satellite use 0853.

So I think the blinkback was correct, and the Slingbox should be programmed to CBL/Sat 0853.

Doh! Laughing I guess I wore out myself out figuring out what offset was. I'm glad I did a better job there.

alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not confident about this, as when I loaded this device onto my Harmony and checked the codes I got a nice clean learn indicating RC6 and Device 39, not sure if that relates 0853. I had posted it some months ago but nothing came of it, not sure if that was because it didn't work or the person involved didn't get back to me,

Anyway, reposted at http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=8519

If it doesn't work check out http://betaremotes.slingbox.com/ you may be able to get a remote through that.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to the Lookup Tool, RC6 device 39 is sent by CBL 0099 and CBL 1076. Both of these are in Slingbox, I believe. Perhaps those codes would work.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They don't work for me on my Classic. Both give an error message 'Code not found'.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alan when 3FG said that cable/0099 sent this code, the lookup tool says on a slingbox this would be S0099. My information says that S0099 is on the slingbox PL, PK an RV. Which one of those is the Classic?

Andromeda, Alan's upgrade using the RC6 will probably work. These boxes often react to more than one type of signal and both RC6 and RC5 are Philips signals. If you need the PL version of the 0853 you can try this for a starter test file.. There are 10 functions that I couldn't identify, and you may need to do some tweaking to get this to work.

alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
Alan when 3FG said that cable/0099 sent this code, the lookup tool says on a slingbox this would be S0099. My information says that S0099 is on the slingbox PL, PK an RV. Which one of those is the Classic?

OK, I was trying C0099 for Cable. S0099 is for a Satellite Receiver, but that isn't accepted either. Still get 'Code not found'.

The Classic (and all other Slingbox models) can be either PL (US-built) or RV (non-US built). The PK version was a prototype and as far as I know never made it to production.
Andromeda-X1

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alan,

Just tried your file: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=8519 and I can confirm that this file does NOT work with the Philips DSX 7072 & my Slingbox classic PL version.

But I also tried Vicky's PL version of the 0853: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=8522

That last one actually WORKS on my SlingBox Classic PL version (it's a US Slingbox). This now provides me with the basic functionality I need - I can switch channels, power on/off, etc.

Vicky: "There are 10 functions that I couldn't identify, and you may need to do some tweaking to get this to work." Which functions - can I help to identify these for you?

Best regards & many, many thanks.... now I can watch The Netherlands play tomorrow when I am traveling/at the airport... You guys are great!
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good. Can't explain why my learn came up with RC-6, but it was obviously wrong.

Cheers

Al
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alanrichey wrote:
Good. Can't explain why my learn came up with RC-6, but it was obviously wrong.

Cheers

Al

The database probably had the wrong information. At least now we have some feedback to correct the problem.

Andromeda-X10 wrote:
But I also tried Vicky's PL version of the 0853: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=8522

That last one actually WORKS on my SlingBox Classic PL version (it's a US Slingbox). This now provides me with the basic functionality I need - I can switch channels, power on/off, etc.

Vicky: "There are 10 functions that I couldn't identify, and you may need to do some tweaking to get this to work." Which functions - can I help to identify these for you?

Since this partially works, I went back to your PDF file and relabeled the FUNCTION sheet to match the original remote. I've matched the keys as best I could, but its pretty much guess work at this point.

You'll need to download RemoteMaster, java, the RDF's and the Maps and Images to make adjustments yourself. It will be really helpful if we can test this out and figure out what goes where.

Creating accurate upgrades is very helpful to the next guy. Thanks for helping us identify the missing or incorrect functions.

I've listed the possible efc's for most of the functions in the notes section.

Please download the test file again, as this is a better starting point.
test file

Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: